Awoo.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has passed away

Carbo

Wow, That's unbelievably sad to hear.

Best wishes to his family, and to Nintendo.

Rest in Peace Mr.Iwata.

Oh my God Im really trying so hard not to cry right now

End of an era, feel sad about his passing, and should be interesting to say the least where Nintendo shall head next

• Thumbs Up 1

Please dear god no.  My heart can't take this right now.  This man literally shaped so much for me in regards to video games and I just... oh god.  I'm literally heartbroken.

Rest in peace.  My condolences to his friends and family.

I'm completely at a loss of words. I knew that he had surgery about a year ago now for Bile Duct Growth, but I didn't realize it was something that could actually kill you.

Best wishes go out to his friends and family. Rest in Peace, Iwata. I'm gonna miss you.

When I just saw the title for this topic, my heart freaking STOPPED. Was this a joke?

No. It isn't. Rest In Piece Iwata, you fought hard and led Nintendo well (to me anyway.)

Yeah sure, there were some ups and downs, but in the end you were a cool guy. So long Iwata, so long.

What? Holy crap..I didn't expect this. Not today and not even any time soon..I'm actually speechless to think that the guy we've seen announcing all of this content from directs and everything else is just gone now. I really do wish the best for anyone close to him and that the company still ends up in good hands, he deserves that much. I still can't believe this.

Well, damn. I knew he wasn't feeling well recently, but it seemed he was doing better. Such a shame.

I know people didn't agree with all of his decisions, but you can tell he really cared about Nintendo as a company.

May he rest in peace.

Oh my... That's actually took me by surprise. I never actually thought I'd read those words. That's unbelievably saddening. Rest In Piece Satoru Iwata.

wait WHAT?

best wishes goes to his family and those closest to him.

RIP

...I don't believe it.

I knew that he had been skipping events lately as he had been in the hospital over the past few years, but I didn't think it was anything serious.

I send my condolences to Iwata's family, friends, and co-workers, I really do. I can't bear to even know how Reggie and Miyamoto feel about this, especially with last month's E3 Digital Event (Muppet!Iwata or not) will now be one of his final public collaborations with the two...

RIP

I can't even take this in right now. I can't imagine a world without him. Geez this is too sudden. Rest in peace Mr iwata. I'm sure you lived your life well with hard work and doing stuff you loved doing. 

IM so sad now.

Edited by jords

I wish I could think of something more eloquent to say, but right now the only words going through my mind are "Jesus Christ."

*Spits out drink*

WHAT?!?!

You're serious!?

*looks at articles and websites*

it's true... I-I can't... It can't be. I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I can handle this right now...

R.I.P. Satoru Iwata... :(

No! :(

I know Nintendo has been getting a lot of criticism lately, but there's no denying this man practically helped built Nitendo into what it is today along with his influence in the video game industry overall.

RIP Mr. Iwata

Edited by Kevin
  • Thumbs Up 1