Awoo.

What was the first Sonic game you guys have played?

Dr Devil

Mine was either Sonic Rush or one of the Sega Megadrive/Genesis games, I forgot which one I actually did play first. Or it might've been one of those flash games. What was yours?

Sonic 1 on the Master System way back in '94. I played it on my older sister's best friend's MS which had Sonic 1 built into it. That was the first time I saw Sonic at all actually, the moment my fandom was born :> I still remember walking into the room and liking the music to Bridge Zone.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you count fan-games, then mine was Sonic After The Sequel, but if you don't then it's Sonic 3 & Knuckles (which i played start to finish last month so no nostalgia glasses for me).

Sonic 1 on the Master System way back in '94. I played it on my older sister's best friend's MS which had Sonic 1 built into it. That was the first time I saw Sonic at all actually, the moment my fandom was born :> I still remember walking into the room and liking the music to Bridge Zone.

I like the "Bridge Zone" music too. even though I wasn't even born in the 90s.

If you count fan-games, then mine was Sonic After The Sequel, but if you don't then it's Sonic 3 & Knuckles (which i played start to finish last month so no nostalgia glasses for me).

So you've only became a Sonic fan rather recently?

Well, this is an interesting question in my case. My very first 'Sonic-related' game was Ultimate Flash Sonic, an online flash game, but I played all kinds of flash Sonic games such as Sonic RPG, and the official mini-games (for Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic Rush Adventure). My first 'real' Sonic game was Sonic Mega Collection Plus. :)

Well, this is an interesting question in my case. My very first 'Sonic-related' game was Ultimate Flash Sonic, an online flash game, but I played all kinds of flash Sonic games such as Sonic RPG, and the official mini-games (for Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic Rush Adventure). My first 'real' Sonic game was Sonic Mega Collection Plus. :)

I used to play Ultimate Flash Sonic a lot as a kid. Admittedly, it's rather nostalgic. :lol:

I used to play Ultimate Flash Sonic a lot as a kid. Admittedly, it's rather nostalgic. :lol:

Yes, I loved it, too! It was also fun to play with the cheat codes. You can unlock Shadow, Amy and other characters and extras with a code. :)

I like the "Bridge Zone" music too. even though I wasn't even born in the 90s.

So you've only became a Sonic fan rather recently?

Yeah, mostly thanks to Somecallmejohnny and Classic Sonic being so adorable.

Mine was Sonic 1 on the Genesis back in '06

hah! The same year Sonic '06 came out AND the same year Sonic Genesis for GBA came out.

Sonic Generations in January this year. There is possibility that I have played some of the Mega Drive games before but I don't remember.

hah! The same year Sonic '06 came out AND the same year Sonic Genesis for GBA came out.

Lol what's even funnier is when I saw '06 in Gamestop (not the year it came out) I said "Look maybe it's like the original" lmao

Technically my first experience with Sonic was the Sonic Adventure 2 demo that came with Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast. My first Sonic game, however, was Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Adventure was the first video game I had ever beaten too. Needless to say, that title holds a metric ton of sentimental value. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Generations in January this year. There is possibility that I have played some of the Mega Drive games before but I don't remember.

Nice. I got Sonic Generations last week; I haven't played it much because on my computer it's very laggy. :unsure:

Nice. I got Sonic Generations last week; I haven't played it much because on my computer it's very laggy. :unsure:

Try to set the graphics and the screen resolution lower. That always helps. By the way, I got it in 2012. :)

I have a few vague recollections of playing the Genesis games for a few minutes at a time and Adventure 2's multiplayer mode once or twice but aside from that the first Sonic game that I owned and got to play in any real fashion was Heroes. Although I kind of consider Adventure to be my first Sonic game since it's the one that really got me hooked on the series. That would have been back in '04 or '05since I know I'd gotten all the way through both Adventures by the time Shadow released.

Honestly speaking, Sonic 1 on the Genesis. Yeah, on an actual Genesis. But I was like, 2 at the time? Maybe younger? I seriously don't remember anything aside it being at an American mall and playing after a kid and wondering "why can't I go as fast as him?" and 10 seconds later I just go to play Duck Hunt, only to get dragged away from it by my mother. :L 

My more vivid memory and what I consider my true first Sonic game, it was Sonic Advance on my cousin's GBA. Every time I'd visit his house, that'd be the game I wanted to play. I mean, it was a choice of that, or Spongebob: Creature from the Krusty Krab or Mario Pinball Land. So of course I went for Sonic Advance. I don't recall playing much past the first zone though, at least on his console. I was the type of kid who watched others play games more than play games herself. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Either Sonic 2 or Sonic Spinball, I got to play on a Sega pack on the PC and they helped me become a fan of Sonic.

As for my first Sonic game that wasn't a port or a remake, that would be Sonic Heroes.

• Thumbs Up 1

The first Sonic game I truly played was Sonic Chaos for Game Gear followed by Sonic 3d blast for PC.

Also get a 360 controller because the game doesn't support PS3 controllers and using keyboard only (mouse doesn't work because you can't move the camera) is suicide with Modern Sonic.

I think it was either Sonic 3 and Knuckles or Sonic Adventure 2. I don't remember anymore. Not much to the story other than being a child wide eyed at those awesome games.

The first Sonic game I ever had was Sonic Rush. I don't think I played it all that much as I was much more of a Mario guy when I got it. It wasn't until I started playing the classic trilogy on the VC for the Wii that I started playing Sonic a bit more. I think I got Sonic 2 first, then Sonic 1. But I didn't become a big Sonic fan until I got the Sonic Classic Collection on the DS. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My interest in Sonic first came about from reading about him online, and at the time my mom didn't want us to have any video game systems, so I thought I might never be able to play a Sonic game...until searching on Amazon and running across the listing for Sonic Heroes for PC. My sisters and I were absolutely ecstatic xD

My second Sonic game would be Sonic & Knuckles Collection for PC.