Awoo.

Square Enix @ Gamecom 2015

Junko

So, I felt it needed a topic since they had a lot to mention. I can't fucking find the press release (thanks every news site I checked for sourcing it) so here's the Gematsu article.

Square Enix has announced its lineup of titles for next month’s Gamescom in Cologne, Germany.

These are the publisher’s events:

• Hitman Live theater demonstration (in German) at the Square Enix cinema.
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live theater presentation (in German) at the Square Enix cinema.
  • Final Fantasy XV The “huge stage” of Square Enix’s booth is all about Final Fantasy XV. Visitors will be treated to “a number” of stage presentations with many well-known guests and new insights into the upcoming game. Select fans will also get the chance to play Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae 2.0 at the booth. More information regarding the Final Fantasy XV stage schedule will be announced in the coming weeks.
  • Final Fantasy XIV The Final Fantasy XIV Battle Arena will be available in hall 9, CS1, where players can face-off against all the powerful primals featured in the game in order to win attractive prizes. Returning to comment on the action live are the ESL commentators Mori, Hendrik and A1m.

And the list of stuff actually on the show floor at their booth.

• Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
    Platform: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Windows PC
    Developer: Square Enix
    Available: Now
  • Final Fantasy XV
    Platform: PlayStation 4, Xbox One
    Available: TBC
  • Just Cause 3
    Platform: PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One, Windows PC
    Developer: Avalanche Studios
    Available: 1st December 2015
  • Hitman
    Developer: Io-Interactive (a Square Enix studio)
    Available: 8th December 2015
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    Developer: Eidos-Montréal (a Square Enix studio)
    Available: Early 2016
  • Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below
    Platform: PlayStation 4
    Developer: Omega Force from Koei Tecmo Games
    Available: 16th October 2015
  • Life is Strange
    Platform: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows PC
    Developer: Dontnod Entertainment
    Available: Episodes 1-3 (Now), Episodes 4-5 (TBC)
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
    Platform: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows PC
    Available: Now (PlayStation 4 & Xbox One), Steam PC (TBC)
  • Hitman Go
    Platform: iOS and Android
    Developer: Square Enix Montréal (a Square Enix studio)
  • Lara Croft: Relic Run
    Platform: iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8
    Developer: Simutronics

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gabz Girl

• Junko

• Mania Pipe

• JaidynReiman

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be pretty cool to get some more information on Deus Ex. I liked Human Revolution (besides the way the ending worked) and it seems like this is going to be a sequel that essentially takes the base part of the game and expands on it. Hitman should be interesting as well since some alpha footage was up recently. Never been one for the series, but this one sounds like it'll be much bigger from the way they're describing it.

Also, maybe a dumb question, but was anything about Final Fantasy XV ever said at E3 because I don't remember anything.

Also, maybe a dumb question, but was anything about Final Fantasy XV ever said at E3 because I don't remember anything.

Noooooope, nothing at all, Episode Duscae 2.0 and Stella's removal from the game was about a week out of E3.

Edited by Athena Cykes

Nope. The conference didn't even mention anything about FFXV because they wanted to wait until Gamescom. But now it is finally upon us, so we can FINALLY see more of the game. XD

Will we get a release date though?

Nope. The conference didn't even mention anything about FFXV because they wanted to wait until Gamescom. But now it is finally upon us, so we can FINALLY see more of the game. XD

Will we get a release date though?

Maybe at the Gamescom they'll unveil it?

I sure hope so...if we're to believe KH3 is already coming out late 2016 (in Japan) then they should have a date for FFXV too.

I sure hope so...if we're to believe KH3 is already coming out late 2016 (in Japan) then they should have a date for FFXV too.

FFXV doesn't matter anymore at this point. The reason it did matter before was because Nomura was working on both projects. Nomura was waiting to finish Versus XIII before even starting on KH3 (barring planning out a few things). Nomura was pulled off of XV to fully work on XIII and XV basically restarted development.

Odds are good that XV will definitely launch long before KH3, but there's no guarantee of that. They're no longer dependant on one another.

No Rise of the Tomb Raider? FFS Square...

Looking forward to FFXV at least, when is Gamescom?