Awoo.

BlueTidalGamer's Video Game Reviews

BlueTidalGamer

Hi SSMB. During the end of my last College year I decided that I wanted to try out aiming towards gaming journalism as I really enjoy getting the word out on my opinions of the newest games.

I have started out making game reviews on my Youtube channel. Currently I have made three of them as of the time of this post. I'll post my very first one here which is for Splatoon. As it's my first one it's expected to be a bit rusty in areas. Any feedback will be appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueTidalGamer

• Alienrun

OMG dude, I'm trying to work on reviews too! In fact i'm currently working on my first batch right now! The difference however is that my style is much more retrospective while you go for traditional journalism.

With that being said your reviews are pretty good for what they are! Its not really my style and I can't blame you for not going in-depth cause the games are new, but regardless they are pretty good! I guess I personally like to see subjectiveness thrown in anlong with a touch of comedy, but I guess that's not ideal for journalism. I do know that it is impossible to be "100% objective" but your style is very not sugestive, meaning that the audience is free to take what you say at face value and be free to think whatever they want about the game, even tho they may not have played it (i'm assuming this is your target audience).

Anyways I'll sub for now and hopefully you can check out my reviews once they are finished! Keep up the good work!

(well I guess I could ask what flaws you noticed yourself and I could comment on them)

I don't know if it would be a good idea to do a collab sometime later in the future...it could be fun!

Thanks for the feedback :) Happy you liked it.

I'll post my other two reviews here as well. 

Edited by BlueTidalGamer
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 11 months later...

Hi there. Been a long time.

Since a month ago I finally got back into making reviews again after losing passion and confidence in doing them. I've done 5 more reviews since the last one I did so if anybody is interested i'll post them here. Most of my stuff I don't consider very good but any feedback is very welcomed if you want to give any. I still feel like I have a lot to learn.

My latest review is Sonic 3 & Knuckles which I made in time for the 25th Anniversary. This is the one i'm at least satisfied with. 

Others i'll post below.

Spoiler