Awoo.

MeltingComet: The Journalistic montage making wannabe game developer gamer (New: This is... Video Games 2015!)

Kaze no Klonoa

Hey, everybody has these kind of threads, why not me?

(SEE LATEST POSTS FOR NEWEST WORK)

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa
Name Change
  • Thumbs Up 3

You can now watch the teaser for the This is... Fallout: New Vegas. It's completely different and used footage not seen in the final/unfinished video. Have a watch, it's pretty stupid..

• Thumbs Up 2

Completely out of curiosity, What is the point in uploading something that isn't finished?

EDIT: oh its privated never mind!

Completely out of curiosity, What is the point in uploading something that isn't finished?

I'm trying to gauge feedback for the video. It's not actually unfinished, but it still needs some work before I'm comfortable for making it viewable for anybody on Youtube.

A lot of people upload a W.I.P version of their videos. This is to give viewers a taste of what's to come, and to show the current progress on the video, as well as gain useful feedback which can be used to improve the video before release, rather than having to do so in later videos.

From what I've observed I'm going to trim a lot of the scenes, as well as add the content I put out in my Teaser.

EDIT:

*Video taken down due to large inconsistency in video It's being reuploaded as I speak*

You can now also help decide the next game in the poll, check it out! Even if you don't know what game it is, pick which game is the most interesting and I'll present you another montage for it. This isn't guaranteed to be my next video, however.

http://strawpoll.me/5020738

The full, final video for "This is.... Fallout: New Vegas" is on it's way. I reuploaded it due to a major mistake in it.

It should be up soon, enjoy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I finally got around to making a channel trailer. It's pretty awesome.

• Thumbs Up 3

I finally got around to making a channel trailer. It's pretty awesome.

I really liked that trailer, and thank you for the mention in the credits :)

But needs more Sam & Max.

In fact everything needs more Sam & Max

SSMB needs to be the Sam And Max Message Board amirite?

So I've unveiled something today called MeltingComet. It's a wordpress thing that's gonna have reviews, editorials, videos and more on video games. I just published my review of Splatoon, two months later. Check it out!

https://meltingcomet.wordpress.com/2015/08/01/splatoon-review-inking-it-up/

Also made a crappy trailer

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update! I've added new articles and have done some cool new things:

I made a review for Crimzon Clover, which you should probably play!

If you are looking for a Bullet Hell, say no further to Crimzon Clover: WORLD IGNITION. This is the defining example of Bullet Hells, and is just straight up fun. Stop reading this review and buy it now.

I also did a Blockstorm thing

I made a ton of weapon skins for Blockstorm. They are all based off of weird things and such. Enjoy.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498538019

The following items are to be included:

The Red Stock Collection (Which includes The Red Dash Knife, The Red Stock AK-47, The Red Stock M250, The Red Stock Sniper, and the Red Suppressor.)

-The Piece Digger (Shovel)

-The Pellet Muncher (Handgun)

-The iSMG 6 Plus (Uzi)

-The Golden Bucko (Shotgun)

-The Patriot’s Gauge (Shorty 12G)

-The Patriot’s Bazooka (RPG)

-The Dream Traveler

-The GBR (Game Boy Radar)

Out of all of them, my personal favorites are The Pellet Muncher and The GBR. If you have Blockstorm, definitely check these out!

Wanna see some of these gun skins? Check em out!

(The Red Dash: Knife Skin)

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

(The Piece Digger)

(The Red Stock: AK-47 Edition)

(The Red Stock: M250 Special Edition)

(The Red Stock: Sniper Rifle Green Mix)

(The Red Suppressor: Rifle)

(The Patriot's Gauge)

(The Patriot's Bazooka)

(The Pellet Muncher: Handgun Edition) (My personal favorite)

(The iSMG 6 Plus)

(The Golden Bucko)

(The Dream Traveler)

(The GBR aka Game Boy Radar)

If you have Blockstorm, you can download all of these gun skins! They don't modify anything in any way, but for my first effort these paint-jobs are pretty neat.

A full video playlist including demonstrations of what they look like in-game are present here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLYVVC75b8quolDixdq_jAHt8cBoIKZ-e (Not all skins will be shown here)

Made a first impressions on the mobile game, Pac-Man 256!

https://meltingcomet.wordpress.com/2015/08/20/first-impressions-pac-man-256/

I'd also like to let ya know that I've been writing a review for Final Fantasy: Record Keeper. Chances are, it might not come out tomorrow, but I'm reaching for it. Stick tuned!

• 3 weeks later...

Over the weekend, I've teased about something coming on Monday. Monday is here, and Monday brings my announcement!

logo.png?w=300(Logo provided by good ol Rucdose)

https://meltingcomet.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/announcing-this-is-video-games-2015/

Behold, my brand new project! Yet to be finished, yet to fully be started, but hopefully ready to be badass! Since school will hit me down and make me super busy, I’m hoping to focus on one, super duper project. Now first, I’m going to tell you this.

I need your help! This project is gonna need some help in order for me to truly realize it, and if you step in, you’ll be credited!

How to send me footage.

I need game footage to place in my videos. I’m trying to cram as many games as I can into here! If you have footage, you can send it to me in various ways:
-If your video is at high quality, upload it to Youtube, and send it to me. I’ll download the video myself online.
-Or, you can also send me the video via file sharing sites. The email I’m using for this project is Captcha locked to protect it from spammers. I’ll check my email occasionally for any submissions. I generally prefer Google Drive or Dropbox. Please upload those videos on there are send them to me. I am not entirely too keen of mediafire. Also, send me video files. If you’re placing in a rar file or some shit, then I won’t accept it.
-You could also just attach the clip onto a email. If it’s too big, go with the option above. REMEMBER, VIDEO FILES ONLY

Any game that’s either came out in 2015 or is celebrating a anniversary/birthday in 2015 can be added, so basically any game. I can only record PC games or games that have a record ability placed into them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G7xmg7eGK_LWzsOoPJuQf3kEzLFxMOw_xp8Ciymm7FU/edit
I recommend your clips to at least be playing at 720p 60fps for me to accept, as the final video will have it’s max quality at that.

Any Questions?:

I will be putting this entire blog post into a separate page later.

I have a game on the list, but I don’t know how to record it. How?

There are many ways to record stuff, especially on consoles. If you have the game on PC, I recommend using Lolio Game Recorder. It doesn’t work for everything and it can eat up HD space but it can record at a great 60fps 1080p quality. There’s no watermarks or anything.

If you have consoles, try using the console alternatives to record footage. There doesn’t seem to be a way to record Wii U games beyond a capture card, but you can use the XBONE and PS4’s Game Capturing features.

For Xbox One users, upload fotage recorded with the Game DVR to OneDrive and then either send the OneDrive video to me, or download the video and present it to me in the following ways shown in the “How to send me footage” section.

For Playstation 4 users, use the share feature to record the footage, copy it to a USB device, and present it to me (The video is lying: You won’t get 60fps from these videos) in the following ways shown in the “How to send me footage” section.

If you have any sort of capturing device for consoles, please feel free to use that. Those record at 60fps, rather than the 25 fps from the game recorders found in consoles.

When will it be out?

I am aiming for a late 2015 release, but worst case scenario it might be done in 2016. Depends on how busy I am.

How long will it be?

Possibly around 4-10 minutes.

Why this project, and not other This is…. videos or etc.?

Because of school starting, I kinda no longer have the time to work on the Nikoback channel as much as I want to. I still want to deliver some kind of unique project that’ll serve a good time waster.

What song will play in the video?

Still undetermined, but I’m looking for something that I can use with permission.

I want to help!!

I’ve already mentioned that I’m on the lookout for video footage, so you can help me by recording some game I need footage for and send it to me! If you want to help in other ways, here are a few things I could use (but not need)

-A full logo saying “This is…. Video Games, 2015”

-A Video Thumbnail (I can handle this myself though)

Like I said, this is just a part-time thing I’ll be handling throughout the year. I will be able to put the whole video together on my own.

Hey! You missed this game!

Again, if you want me to show a game you really liked this year, send footage for it! I apologize if I miss something you want featured, I can’t record everything after all.

That’s a large list of games you can’t record. What if you don’t get footage for a lot for them?

The video will still resume as normal but won’t include footage for biggie titles that came out this year. This may change the final name of the project or the project’s goals, but nothing else.

Formatting for SSMB post