Awoo.

Sonic Boom TV Show to Feature Shadow?

CyclonX

Hey all!
I've never actually created my own topic here on SSMB, so tell me if this is redundant or in the wrong place. However, I've picked up some rather interesting news while scrolling through Facebook; some Sonic Boom cast listings show Kirk Thornton as not only voice acting Orbot, but also Shadow. I've attached the image I snagged off the post.
So what do you guys think? I mean, I can't easily see this being a listing error, because Shadow was only in the Boom universe through the games, and I don't think the credits could have been mixed up.

11705635_875683789182119_204912356366606542_o.jpg

On every source I see, they said if shadow were to appear in sonic boom the tv show "sega would announce it in their own special way"

But if you got that from the credits from the show, maybe they do actually plan on just doing that... eventually....

Pretty sure both Shadow and metal sonic are in since Tomy are making toys on them.

Tomy appear to have he license to make toys on the show, not the game. Which explains why there is no Lyric figure but we have tons of show exclusive characters and vehicles ad toys.

• Thumbs Up 1

That would be pretty cool. Would like to see how they portray (or, more likely) parody the character.

Moving to the Boom forum.

But yeah, I'm interested to see how the characters appear in the more slice of life style of the TV show.  That is, assuming they don't suddenly change direction in the second season. (Though usually when that happens, it's from a darker and more serious tone to a lighter one, so it doesn't seem likely that they would just get serious in the second season)

• Thumbs Up 1

Moving to the Boom forum.

((Thanks. Still getting used to the new forum design, I couldn't find it.))

Despite being indifferent to how Shadow is portrayed now, I would be interested in seeing how the Boom writers would handle him. They have knocked the charactisation out of the park so far, I have no doubt they could turn Shadow around too. 

I'm pretty sure if shadow appears, he'll be like he was in rise of lyric, a jerk for no reason, but since this show is supposed to be funny, it's probably going to be more silly when he does it.

I'm kinda hoping they throw Shadow in as an already established character like they have with all the other characters, it would be satisfying if they left it up to fan interpretation :)

It would also be funny if he was portrayed as the one character who acknowledges how stupid and immature the heroes act at times XD

"I'm surrounded by idiots..." -_-' 

• Thumbs Up 1

It depends on where exactly that particular credits listing was compiled; false information could have snuck in.

He would probably work best as the unfunny, but I do miss the cocky, overdramatic Shadow. Either way, I trust the writers to write him well.

I'd like to see him as...well, I dunno. Maybe someone who's the only one in on the joke, and could do everything the heroes do himself, but just doesn't because he knows the universe is stupid and he gives too few shits to care. Sort of like Gaz from invader Zim, with shades of Rick from Rick and Morty

I was actually going to say I wanted to see him as sort of a psychopathic character, who isn't necessarily trying to take over the world or even do evil, but just likes to cause as much mayhem and pain to the main characters (heroes and villains) as possible. But I think that would be a better place for Metal Sonic to take once he inevitably separates from Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh... I really don't want Shadow to appear in the Boom TV series. I hated his portrayal in Rise of Lyric and I don't really want to see more of that. Though, to the TV show writers' credit, they might make his Boom incarnation's obnoxious personality slightly entertaining? I dunno, can't be much worse than dumb Knuckles or Amy the Sensitivity Trainer. I'm cautious, but even if I dislike it, I have a feeling the show will make me laugh when he comes in anyway.

"SEGA would announce it in their own special way."

If the fanfare for SA2 HD was any indication, they're probably going to save that for Sonic Boom or SoS one year.

They'd be mad if they don't, since Shadow has become a huge character in the main series, so they can't drop him from the side series. And there has already been many indications he'll be in the show.

If he makes it in, Shadow is going to be the "unfunny."

TV Tropes? Are yer mad? Some people are trying to be productive.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised he hasn't shown up already. Someone like shadow is practically a gold mine for comedy.

And there has already been many indications he'll be in the show.

Like what? There was only one thing were they said apparently "Perci" is going to be in the show with a new voice actor, yet she still hasn't showed up, the only thing we got for shadow is

"SEGA would announce it in their own special way."

yet still nothing. But really though I think shadow would be hilarious if he was in the show, his dark personality combined with the stupidness of the SB universe would be lol

Here's how we should introduce Shadow:

They should have an episode called "The Fake", showing a Robot Sonic on the title card and online preview, but silhouetted so you just see his eyes, with the text saying a "fan-favorite character" will return. Then, have the episode start Eggman build a different robot Sonic than the one we're used to. Eggman then says "Your objective is to destroy Sonic the Hedgehog!". The robot promptly self-destructs, and Orbot comments that it thought it was Sonic.

Then the entire rest of the episode focuses on Shadow showing up.

• Thumbs Up 2

They could also play up the whole "OW THE EDGE" thing to the point where it's funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Maybe Shadow and/or Metal Sonic could be in the season finale.

And your prediction is correct (with Shadow anyway).

Judging from screenshots and clips, it seems Shadow is being portrayed as the unfunny, so unfunny he doesn't even crack a smile. Yesss!

Can't believe we have to wait so damn long for the episode tho. It better not disappoint like the Metal Sonic one did.