Awoo.

[ROLEPLAY] Super Smash Bros: Smash in the House! (OP Includes Full Details, Rules, and Characters)

7n0eOIb.png

You ready for this? I'm ready for this. Cue the music so you'll have a groovy time reading all this.

So yes, welcome to Smash in the House, A Smash Bros. roleplay with slice-of-life, comedy and action elements all rolled into one! An amalgamation of Nintendo characters stay under the roof of the Smash Mansion, a residence that's run by Master Hand, and his maybe too enigmatic brother Crazy Hand. Anything can happen here from various day-to-day mishaps, some tournament fights and the like! In short, just lighthearted fun all around. Anything can happen in Smash!

Considering how expansive Smash Bros. is as a whole, it being meant to be a celebration of Nintendo's past and present, the plan is to have an "unlimited but limited" approach. While there's meant to be an overarching storyline in regards to the Smash 4 tournament all the fighters are participating in, for every few days or so I plan to have a simple plot for us to follow. Hopefully it doesn't go haywire or I'll have to change the story structure.

As obvious as it is, you'll have to claim a character and make an introduction with them as you wish, showing their name, their personality and role/occupation. I will be saying this and saying this once: You can only be one character. However, you are allowed to change characters if you wish, but you must make sure if you want to be a character somebody has already claimed, ask for their permission. If it's a character who isn't claimed, make it clear in this topic that you wish to change characters and make an introduction for them as well. With that said, let me post the list of characters you are all free to claim. I'll update the list rather frequently to show which members have claimed their character.

CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER!

SmashBrosSymbol.pngSUPER SMASH BROS.

Master Hand - Fallinhearts

Crazy Hand - Penny

Announcer - Inkling no Klonoa

MarioSymbol.pngMARIO

Mario

Luigi - Forte-Metallix

Peach

Bowser

Bowser Jr.

Rosalina - RosaRosaRosalina

Dr. Mario

YoshiSymbol.pngYOSHI

Yoshi - Tails spin

DKSymbol.pngDONKEY KONG

Donkey Kong - PatMac

Diddy Kong

WarioSymbol.pngWARIOWARE, INC.

Wario

ZeldaSymbol.pngTHE LEGEND OF ZELDA

Link

Zelda/Sheik 

Ganondorf

Toon Link

MetroidSymbol.pngMETROID

Samus/Zero Suit Samus - Lady Soniko

KirbySymbol.pngKIRBY

Kirby

Meta Knight

King Dedede - Felix

StarFoxSymbol.pngSTAR FOX

Fox

Falco

PokemonSymbol.pngPOKÉMON

Pikachu - Shan Zhu

Jigglypuff

Mewtwo - DBZHedgy

Lucario - Rip Von Pringles

Charizard

Greninja

FZeroSymbol.pngF-ZERO

Captain Falcon

EarthboundSymbol.pngMOTHER/EarthBound

Ness 

Lucas - Dan the Daniel

FireEmblemSymbol.pngFIRE EMBLEM

Marth

Roy

Ike - Crow the BOOLET

Lucina - Lhancat

Robin (Male)

Robin (Female)

Game&WatchSymbol.pngGAME & WATCH

Mr. Game and Watch

KidIcarusSymbol.pngKID ICARUS

Pit

Palutena - Galabance

Dark Pit - Strickerx5

PikminSymbol.pngPIKMIN

Olimar 

Alph

ROBSymbol.pngR.O.B.

R.O.B. - Pink Cat

AnimalCrossingSymbol.pngANIMAL CROSSING

Villager (any gender)

SonicSymbol.pngSONIC THE HEDGEHOG

Sonic - DarkRula

WiiFitSymbol.pngWii FIT

Wii Fit Trainer

PunchOutSymbol.pngPUNCH-OUT!!

Little Mac

XenobladeSymbol.pngXENOBLADE

Shulk - Spinny

DuckHuntSymbol.pngDUCK HUNT

Duck Hunt Duo - Thigolf

MegaManSymbol.pngMEGA MAN

Mega Man - Ryannumber1gamer

PacManSymbol.pngPAC-MAN

Pac-Man - Naldush Repulsa

StreetFighterSymbol.pngSTREET FIGHTER

Ryu from Streets

IMPORTANT NOTE: You cannot roleplay as a cut character. That means Pichu, Young Link, Snake, Wolf, Red (along with Squirtle and Ivysaur) and the Ice Climbers are off limits. You may be a boss or assist trophy if the plot requires it, but you must make it clear you're roleplaying as that character. If any cut characters by some miracle come back as DLC sometime or if any new characters are announced, they will be added to this list. 

That was rather long, but here are some things to keep in mind before we finally get this show on the road:

• No Gary Stu/Mary Sue shit or godmodding during fights, please. Y'all should know not to do this already, but yeah.
  • Despite cut characters not being around for this RP, you're free to refer or mention them.
  • Don't say things that will get the story off track, the goal here is to keep things as coherent and easy to follow as possible, even if Smash is a crazy enough thing as is. That doesn't mean I'll be a stickler if you get off topic once in a blue moon, but if the RP ends up getting derailed because of it I will not be a happy panda.
  • For the introduction you're about to see below, you can be a cool person and use the character's Sm4sh artwork and the series symbol they have which are above in the character list. You don't need to do it, but it gives some nice pizzazz.
  • If you're dedicated enough to, you can do some quick sketches to visualize the events which are currently happening. I may do it myself, but rarely.
  • To speak as yourself in this topic, do it through parentheses so things will be easier for everyone.

I think that's everything, honestly. If you've got any suggestions, criticisms or whatnot in regards to this RP, please PM me or contact me in any other sort of way. I'd much appreciate the feedback so I can make this a better experience for those who are participating.

But with that said, let's get the ball rolling! 

To nobody's surprise, I shall be taking everybody's favorite hammer-toting penguin from Dream Land...

King_Dedede_SSB4.png

KirbySymbol.png

King Dedede

Occupation: Self-proclaimed King of Dream Land, tryin' to clobber that there Kirby! That, and doing his best to win the tournament.

Personality: Mischievous, a bit greedy and selfish and to top that, almost insatiably hungry to the point of stealing others' food. Despite that, he's not that bad a guy and caring and protective of those he's close with.

(you better read my posts in the accent of his Kirby: Right Back at Ya! voice or else)

Today's Storyline: Welcome to Smash School

Synopsis: Caught in the act of trying to steal food from the Smash Mansion's café by Crazy Hand, Dedede is forced to create a school for the young-aged Smashers to keep them in check and away from Master Hand due to his grievances with them, even if it comes close to driving D3 crazy.

*opens door and promptly slamming it, lounging on desk* "Man, I'm sure peeved that I gotta do this! That wasn't even my fault, a king's gotta eat!"

"Ugh.. Thankfully, nobody's here yet, so I've got myself about half n' hour of peace and quiet!"

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 6

I gotta get in on this action!

I choose: 

main.png

LUIGI!

Occupation: Plumber, hero, ghost-exterminator, athlete, kart racer

Personality: Kind, eager to help, but also cowardly and clumsy. Especially fears ghosts. But when someone needs him, he'll always pull himself together and get the job done!

-------

*Luigi enters the classroom*

"Hey, Dedede! Master Hand wanted me to-a tell you that class is-a starting fifteen minutes early today! He wanted you to have time to get to know each of the students!"

*Dedede glares at him*

"Hey! Death stares are MY thing!

Anyway, have fun! Oh! Here-a comes one now!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Jsju733.png

R.O.B.50px-ROBSymbol.png

Personalty: He always has a gleam of sadness in his eyes,, as he is the last of his kind but as friends of the maker of the world, R.O.B is wise and always tries his best.

R.O.B's past can sometimes get him down and he sometimes stick to old ways despite them not really being the best ways, but when the push comes to shove, R.O.B is your buddy.

"Are we doing this again?"

"I don't know why we have to suffer the consequences of your bad choices."

"And from the looks of it, you're going to get us in more trouble."

"You remind me of R.O.B 63, he was always getting to trouble."

• Thumbs Up 1

250px-Lucas_SSB4.png

LUCAS

Personality: A tad shy and timid but willing to help and overall a decent, kind boy. Can be bit of a klutz and cry baby, though.

Lucas peer into the classroom

Okay so we got a fat penguin, a robot... and a green plumber... alright

Lucas quietly walk to a desk and sit down

These are some weird looking people... but hopefully they are nice... I hope

• Thumbs Up 1

Megaman-super-smash-bros.jpg

MEGA MAN

Personality: Heroic, and always trying to do the right thing, but is easily annoyed, and jumps to fighting quickly. He wants to learn more about the human race and how he can fit in, while also helping protect the world with the help of his creator, Dr.Light, and his sister Roll, along with the Light Robot Masters, and Auto, and his faithful dog Rush.

*Teleports into the classroom*

''A fat Penguin, a green plumber, and a kid''

''Things keep getting weirder''

*Rush teleports in*

''Bark!''

-------------------------------

Felix, when I read the title, this is what I think of:

• Thumbs Up 2

Shulk_SSB4.png

SHULK

Occupation: Researcher/weapon dev. team member for his home, Colony 9, and wielder of the ancient Monado

Personality: Determined with a strong heart and is polite to anyone on his good side. Very protective of allies and takes any case of them getting hurt very personally-- this can sometimes lead to bad situations and an unusual case of Shulk going straight into battle without organization first.

-----

Shulk enters the classroom to simply check after hearing noise, opening the door slowly. He sees Dedede, Mega Man, ROB and Lucas sat at tables, with Luigi standing to the side.

-thinking to himself- No fighting! This is unusual... but it's nice, too. Maybe we could get to know each other through conversation rather than the usual punching, kicking and screaming.

Shulk steps in and closes the door, walking over towards Luigi and Dedede.

"Hey guys! Something going on? This room's usually completely empty with life being dry as a bone!"

• Thumbs Up 1

SnakeBrawlArtwork_zpsrdfeg3pw.png\

Personality: Very straight forward but very calm and collected, even when things get strange. While reserved he does have a caring side to him and often tries to do the right thing, though his mission always comes first. He also gets into a sort of meta level pointing out strange occurrences that happen. Oh and he's a heavy smoker.

Snake was hiding in a box, taking a smoke while observing the events happening.

"Octacon this is Snake, there's been a couple of weirdos on the scene. Starting the mission now."

He takes off the box surprising everyone.

"Kept you waiting huh?"

• Thumbs Up 1

"ACK!"

Lucas gotten startled and look at Snake

"Aren't you a bit, um, old to go to school?" 

"Well I am younger than I look kid" Snake was finishing up his smoke, "I'm here looking for someone that's all."

He put his cigarette in his portable ashtray and looked around the scene.

"There's a lot of people I don't recognize from the last Brawl. Have things really changed that much?"

*wakes up from a short nap* H-huh?!

Luigi! No, no, no, no! What in tarnation is goin' on? Does Master Hand want to torture me?

-looks to side, sees Lucas, Shulk, R.O.B. and Snake-

Well, hey there, y'all. Nice to see everybody before I'm stuck in prison for almost the whole da- SNAKE?! What are ya doin' back here? I thought you said you weren't gonna come back for this tournament!

"Well, have-a fun! I gotta go pick up my Poltergust from the shop!"

*leaves*

"Oh, mama-mia, I can only imagine the horror those poor kids are about to go through."

"Fun?"

"Well, I have a Gyro, you folks like things that spin right?"

"Just watch out for the sharp parts, you best try to stay away from it until it stops spinning. "

"There was a change in plans all of a sudden. What did they call it? DLC? I don't know what it means though"

Snake crouched down and turned on his codec.

"This is Snake. Octacon what does DLC even mean?"

Otacon shrugged his shoulders. "What was helpful"

*taps DDD on the shoulder spooking him*

''Hey there DeDeDe. remember me?''

*Holds mega buster out*

''I stuck a crash bomb to you a few matches ago?''

It was inevitable. 

Rosalina_%26_Luma_SSB4.png

MarioSymbol.png 

ROSALINA (AND LUMA)

PERSONALITY: Although she typically appears to be closed in, Rosalina is a nice and caring figure, looking out for those around her. She is smart and relies on her environment to learn and allow others to learn alongside her. She is also very protective, and by all means she is not willing to put up with foreboding nonsense. 

Rosalina had entered the room, opening the door and watching those around her. She had taken a good look at King Dedede, eyeing him.

"I suppose you've learned your lesson from taking food from the cafe again, your highness," she asked, smiling. "I believe you'll have a great time teaching the younger fighters a thing or two." 

• Thumbs Up 1

-looks at Mega Man with a grimace- Yeah, I remember... and then you spiked me down as I was tryin' to come back! You'll pay for that, ya no good metal pipsqueak!

Oooh, Gyros? Ahehehehehe! This oughta make class fun! Sad thing is, we've got only 5 more minutes...

R.O.B., I ask you to be muh class assistant!

"Another princess and another robot? How long have I been gone?"

Snake sat down in a chair and pulled out a book entitled "In the Darkness of Shadow Moses"

"I refuse, I'm sorry."

"The last time someone asked me to be their assistant...

tumblr_inline_nc3tmhnNnA1spel73.png

didn't go so well."

• Thumbs Up 2

"Uhh..."

Lucas look down

"I don't think we got a proper grade range going on here..."

Lucas look up 

"Like this snake guy is like 30 year old and the guy with the red sword is 18ish.... also we have a robot and I'm like 10."

Rosalina, you gotta understand Master and Crazy Hand have always been at me! Back durin' Brawl, they got mad at me just because my grab was apparently too fast! You gotta look and have some sympathy for me! -gives pouty eyes-

-changes mood immediately and looks towards Lucas- I 'dun care, this is our class and you're gonna LIKE IT! -blows whistle-

YO! CLASS HAS BEGUN!

tumblr_nj58ak7gMr1ttltzwo1_1280.pngTop%2B5%2BLadies%2B-%2BSamus.png

Samus Aran/ZSS 

MetroidSymbol.pngMETROID

Occupation: Intergalactic Bounty Hunter, a seriously tough badass.

Personality: Calm and collective, Samus is always ready for any challenge thrown at her, she's not much of a speaker, she'd rather sort things with action than talk things out, she can be cold and frigid due to her mostly isolated life style.

*The doors swing open as the 6 feet tall armour-clad titan walks through, in a flash of light her Varia power suit de-materializes back into the the Chozo lifeforce embedded in the Zero Suit.*

*Samus swings her hair from one side to the other as she runs her fingers through it and lets out a sigh with her eyes closed.*

"Someone remind me why we're here again? I've got stuff to do and I hate that Smash takes up as much time as it does to begin with..." 

• Thumbs Up 2

*Mega Man walks up to DeDeDe*

''I'll be classroom assistant''

''Or if you want me to put it another way''

*ahem*

''HOW CAN I HELP YA KING DDD?!''

• Thumbs Up 1

Yo, only Kirbeh and Meta Knight can sing that theme son-

*looks towards the door to see Samus* U-uh... nice t-to see you in here, Miss Samus! Today, we're takin' an important lesson on fightin' strategy!

• Thumbs Up 1