Awoo.

What Are The Most Underrated Sonic Songs

sonicfandude

Hey everyone! I havn't seen a post on this subject yet, so I thought it would be appropriate to post it here.

Anyways, I wanted to ask what you people think the most underrated sonic songs are. There are quite a bit of sonic songs out there, so some are bound to get lost in the mix of things. My personal favorite underrated track is "dear my friend," from sonic unleashed. I felt that it worked as the perfect ending song for unleashed, and is a song that I hold very dearly to me: Dear My Friend

So what do you guys think? What are some of the sonic songs that nobody really notices, that you think deserves some proper recognition? Feel free to add your replies below ;D

See Ya!

As bad of a character as Elise was, her theme song was really good (if unfitting for a Sonic game).

The instrumental was also really nice.

The 8-Bit version of Labyrinth Zone from the Game Gear version of the first game. It's got this pumped up, almost jazzy feel compared to the Genesis version.

Although somebody did make a 16-bit remix of it too

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Mega Collection - Extras/Options

Guess this'd be a big one for me.  The original music in collection games tends to get forgotten (by myself too) as those collections become less and less relevant over time due to digital releases, but this one will always stick with me as one of the nicest songs to come out of the franchise as a whole.

It really really perfectly captures a feeling of slightly sad nostalgia while still being pleasant and relaxing to listen to with little spots of upbeat melody along the way to keep it from being an out and out sad song.  While I have no personal nostalgia for the Archie comics due to living in the UK, looking through all the covers while listening to this song really had an impact on me for some reason, probably made the percieved storylines from said covers seem a lot more dramatic and exciting in my imagination than they probably are considering tales I've heard of some of the stuff the older Archie comics used to pull.

But yeah, it's really gorgeous and I'd love to hear more melancholy menu music in the future for stuff like extras and options screens, it's the perfect place for them if the game is otherwise upbeat and action focused with no real space for sad chillout tunes.  The Sonic music peoples clearly have a knack for them in the opportunities that have allowed.

In a similar vein, I'll also mention the menu themes for Sonic Riders Zero Gravity - okay yeah, the main menu theme is actually just an intrumental of the main theme remix featured on the soundtrack, and the options menu is just an instrumental of the ending theme, but at the time I first played I didn't know this yet, so the quality of the menu music just blew me away, what a first impression of the game's audio!

Btw guys you should prolly be saying more than a single sentence about your song choices if you don't want this to get closed lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah you kinda do, what do you like about these songs?  These topics get closed fast when people just slap down youtube links and walk out.

EDIT: Uh, you posted links to entire soundtracks.  Entire soundtracks that you'll be pleased to know most Sonic fans adore.

Anything from Black Knight's Soundtrack that isn't Vocal is my pick.

I like the different types of music this game gives. Here's some.

Great Megalith

Misty Lake

Shrouded Forest

I'm also a fan of the fun, techno beats of Final Haunt from Shadow The Hedgehog. One of the few memorable level tracks from that game for me and I think it needs more attention.

• The topic was locked