Awoo.

Resident Evil REmake 2 (Greenlit!)

Badnik Mechanic

Just posted about an hour ago!

Who is H? Well according to someone on gaf... "The paper says 平林 良章 (Yoshiaki Hirabayashi), he's a producer at Capcom."

Other details about H...

Yoshiaki Hirabayashi worked as a motion capture engineer for the remake of Resident Evil and as a Scenario writer in the Script department for Resident Evil 5. As a producer for Resident Evil 6, Hirabayashi wrote a message to Resident Evil fans regarding Jill and Claire's appearance in the game; his referral to "other great characters" suggested that they would not appear. He's also the producer of REHD. 

Who else is he? This is he?

y0VIOt.gif

So it looks like Resident Evil Remake 2 might actually come to be if todays pitch goes well... kinda ballsy to post it on the official Facebook account before he goes in to pitch it. 

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

I loved Darkside Chronicles' take on Resi 2 but with actual, like, production values; so this would be pretty nifty.

Main problem (aside from Capcom's continuous lack of money) is that I'm not sure if there is any market left for an old school survivor horror game.

Jim sterling has pointed out multiple times that there is a audience if you look at the indie scene. And if RE6 didn't turn off people or Capcom(judging from all the re titles we've gotten after that) I'm sure it would do well off of brand awareness alone.

Main problem (aside from Capcom's continuous lack of money) is that I'm not sure if there is any market left for an old school survivor horror game.

RE1HD did really well, which is the reason this is getting pitched. And RE2 is exactly like RE1 but better, larger and more anticipated because unlike the first it hasn't been getting ported to every device with a screen over the years.

Provided adequate budgeting it could easily turn a profit.

I feel like people think RE2 was the greatest game to set foot on this earth. But in reality I did not find it that all amazing. Sure its fun but I think fans confused the series as a zombie game series when its not and thus got mad when it became  more action based as it went on.

If Resident Evil was never a zombie survival horror series, then what was it? Cause it sure wasn't what RE6 was trying to go for.

Its not about zombies but thats to be expected of youth that do not know how to look deeper into a series than a few moaning enemies. RE is about umbrella trying to make weapons. Biological weapons that they can sell and have used in wars. Take the mansion. It was built for the sole purpose of hiding all this. The put in traps and puzzles so anyone not working their or even some that did would not be able to find the labs or escape them. And for the zombies. The ones in RE2 and 3 were just a by product of samples escaping. They did not go digging up bodies and reanimating them. They were just people slowly consumed by the t virus that spread the infection to others. The virus just dumbed down the body to the point that all a person wanted to do was eat. Anything really, even friends and family. But they nuked the city. Future games started to move toward action horror as umbrella and its sister branches had started to perfect making the weapons and making them faster, smarter, and stronger. So no longer did we have slow moaning accidents. We had fast deadly creatures meant to be used in war but were poor at being completely controlled.

• 2 weeks later...

It was approved!

Glad to see it being put into production, good luck guys! My interest in the franchise depends on it!