Awoo.

The Toon House | "You With Us?" | (NEW TIME) CCF Throwback March 11th @5PM EST/10PM GMT

ElectricAngel

1. What time zone are you in?

Eastern

2. What time and day would it be best for you to join in on the stream?

Friday at 7:00 PM ET would be best for me

3. What kind of cartoons do you want to see on the stream?

Any kind is fine with me! I'm a huge fan of animation in general, so I'm fine with whatever is chosen to get shown. I suggest having some kind of theme each week like we have with SSMB Movie Night. One thing I'd love to see happen is a Cartoon Cartoon Friday themed night.

Edited by Kevin
  • Thumbs Up 1

I suggest having some kind of theme each week like we have with SSMB Movie Night. One thing I'd love to see happen is a Cartoon Cartoon Friday themed night.

I'm honestly not too sure about themes, actually. I feel it's best to just have it randomized every week. But funny thing you mention Cartoon Cartoon Fridays. Back when I first had this idea, I was gonna make it a daily stream with several cartoons lined up. Like a Disney Afternoon style thing. But it was too much of a pain to manage, so I settled with one weekly stream. Though, streaming a small amount of content wouldn't be worth it, so that's how I came about to show full seasons (or around 13 episodes). With that said, it's not impossible to do. This is still in budding stages, and I want to improve it as time goes on. If you have any ideas on how we could do a Cartoon Cartoon Fridays themed night, I'm all ears. 

I guess that could work, yeah. Cartoon Night sounds a bit boring but if we're gonna be going for a common grouping kinda thing, yeah I can rename it. 

Also I should probably announce that Klonoa is gonna be co-hosting this. He's in charge of Game Night but willingly offered, so in case I can't do a certain time or if I'm just busy one day, he'll be taking over. 

I'm trying to get to grips with Livestream so I think in advance we should have the program set up on beforehand.

yeah, I'll definitely be helping out managing in case things happen. :D Pink Cat/Jacob has also been up for helping too, so we've got a decent crew to help manage this.

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa

This might be early for some US SSMBers but I'm posting it anyway. :V

Sorry to cut the time limit short. I know I said I'd give a week, but I do sorta need some time for week 2's shows as well. I guess it's my bad for making this thread so early, but fear not, the following weeks after premiere night will go by smoothly. It's just a slightly bumpy start for now. 

So, with 6 votes out of the total 13, the show that won the spot for our premiere night is...

2000px-Dragonball_Anime-Serie_Original-L

Dragon Ball - The Emperor Pilaf Saga

Yes I'm just using a logo.. This show has like, no promotional posters, I swear. 

We will be watching the entire Emperor Pilaf Saga (episodes 1-13) of Dragon Ball.  A fantastic journey for your dreams awaits you, on August 21st at 10PM GMT/6PM EST. 

I've started making preparations for premiere night from now so that after I'm done travelling and have Internet, it will be smooth sailing. With that said, I'm gonna start having votes for week 2's show. By putting up votes now, it will give me around a week to download it and slap it in the Livestream server. Sounds like a lot of time, but it really is how much I need. 

To make things go well and as planned, I will be having a voting session at the end of every week's show. For instance, week 3's voting will take place on August 21st, after we watch Dragon Ball. With 2 weeks of prep time, that gives you guys one whole week to vote, and one week for me to acquire the show and upload it. For voting, I've decided to do it "The Felix Way" from now on. Yes, I named it that. :V So, I'll have a status with the possible shows and you will vote by commenting in the status. In a way, it ensures no one spams and that all votes come from SSMB members. After all, this is for you guys.

With that said, here are week 2's shows:

-Robotomy/Bravoman Double Feature (we'll be watching both due to how short both shows are)

-Medabots

-Donkey Kong Country

-The Ren and Stimpy Show

Voting will take place in this beloved status update: http://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/4209-electricangel/?status=721901&type=status

I apologize for this seeming rushed and very sporadic, but it's all due to the setup process. Once we get the ball rolling, it'll be better. Oh, and yeah, I renamed this event to keep it in line with other SSMB events. Thanks for the feedback, Inkling Cooper.  

Edit: I just now realised.. I could bump premiere night to this Friday, though since I'm travelling on the 8th it might be troublesome. Just a quick question. Would you prefer to do it this week and then have a small hiatus the week after that and then continue with week 2 on the 21st? Or should we just start on the 21st and continue weekly from there? It's all up to you guys. 

Edited by ElectricAngel
  • Thumbs Up 3

So 11PM for me,sounds ok, but it will be really hard for me to choose the next show, because none of them aired on my country...

Well, Bravoman is a web series, so it never was on TV. And Robotomy was the shortest Cartoon Network original series. So perhaps that's why you haven't heard about them. Though part of the point of making this weekly event was for that reason. I want people to get exposure to some of the more obscure, not well known cartoons. We'll be watching popular ones too, for sure. But in that mix are going to be some you might never knew existed.

Alsl, which db will we be watching? as there are more dubs...ocean or funimation? also, the censored version?

Alsl, which db will we be watching? as there are more dubs...ocean or funimation? also, the censored version?

Well, no one specified so I'm going with the uncut Funimation dub. It's from the remastered one they put out in 2009, so the audio and video is much clearer than other versions. 

i really want some old school cartoons:

Xaolin Showdown

Courage

Camp Lazlo

Teen titans(original)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love to see Xiaolin Showdown and Teen Titans.

Also, if we do get to the point where we finish the first DB Series, can I suggest we watch the original DBZ English dub, rather than DBZ Kai?

Man, my dbz was the worst, it was romanian voice and japanese voice...but yeah, dbz rocks(the dragon)

I'd love to see Xiaolin Showdown and Teen Titans.

Also, if we do get to the point where we finish the first DB Series, can I suggest we watch the original DBZ English dub, rather than DBZ Kai?

Sure. Though, Z is already in the list, so we could possibly watch it if it gets selected by the generator. Or.. raffle. I can call it that. Unless you want me to merge the original and Z and have us watch it in chronological order? From what I hear, the original Dragon Ball isn't very important and you can watch Z without it spoiling the original series, since it has little connection to it. Then again, I haven't seen Z. Just going off what I heard online.

Oh but um, when you mean original DBZ dub do you mean the one that was on Cartoon Network back in the day? Or the uncut Funimation release? Or was this perhaps to differentiate it from Kai, since Kai is a remake? 

Sure. Though, Z is already in the list, so we could possibly watch it if it gets selected by the generator. Or.. raffle. I can call it that. Unless you want me to merge the original and Z and have us watch it in chronological order? From what I hear, the original Dragon Ball isn't very important and you can watch Z without it spoiling the original series, since it has little connection to it. Then again, I haven't seen Z. Just going off what I heard online.

Oh but um, when you mean original DBZ dub do you mean the one that was on Cartoon Network back in the day? Or the uncut Funimation release? Or was this perhaps to differentiate it from Kai, since Kai is a remake? 

I'd honestly perfer watching DBZ to the original lol

(Speaking of which, did anyone actually request the original, or is it because I requested DBZ, the original got selected before or what?)

The English dub and if there's a uncut version out there, then that version.

(Sorry, I really don't know much regarding the dubs, but the original is superior to Kai supposedly) 

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer

I'd honestly perfer watching DBZ to the original lol

(Speaking of which, did anyone actually request the original, or is it because I requested DBZ, the original got selected before or what?)

The English dub and if there's a uncut version out there, then that version.

(Sorry, I really don't know much regarding the dubs, but the original is superior to Kai supposedly) 

Yeah, Dan and Diamond Z had requested the original show, so that's why it was put in the list. 

Now, as for the Z dub, there is an uncut version by Funimation. If I can find it (which shouldn't be too much of a problem) we'll be watching that. 

Yeah, Dan and Diamond Z had requested the original show, so that's why it was put in the list. 

Now, as for the Z dub, there is an uncut version by Funimation. If I can find it (which shouldn't be too much of a problem) we'll be watching that. 

That's good to know!

I'm not really into the original (Honestly, DBZ is the show that interested me the most, and is the only one I've actually seen, since Kix is currently airing DBZ Kai in the UK)

So, we will watch only Dragonball in the first night?

Also, is it the one with the mystical adventure or find the dragonball intro?

That's good to know!

I'm not really into the original (Honestly, DBZ is the show that interested me the most, and is the only one I've actually seen, since Kix is currently airing DBZ Kai in the UK)

Funny thing with Kai. It's what got me wanting to watch Dragon Ball. I'll probably watch Kai instead of Z when I'm done with the original, due to them cutting out filler and stuff.

Also, an interesting fact about Kai is it's the first time in a while we've had an anime with two versions. One censored and one uncensored. Apparently in the US, Funimation dubbed the show to air on Nicktoons and Vortexx. Because of that they edited out the blood, swearing, cut down the theme song and stuff like that. The Blu-Ray versions are uncut but super hard to find online, unless you got for a torrent or direct download. What I found neat about the uncut dub is how they use the characters' voice actors to sing the theme, so they change it up every 30 or so episodes.

So, we will watch only Dragonball in the first night?

Also, is it the one with the mystical adventure or find the dragonball intro?

Yup. Just Dragon Ball. Only rarely will we be watching two shows. And by that I mean if a show totals to an hour or two long, which is why Bravoman was paired up with Robotomy. 

And the theme for Dragon Ball is Mystical Adventure. As I said earlier, this is the remastered dub from Funimation so it includes the original Japanese soundtrack and is completely uncensored. So expect tons of dirty humour. 

Funny thing with Kai. It's what got me wanting to watch Dragon Ball. I'll probably watch Kai instead of Z when I'm done with the original, due to them cutting out filler and stuff.

Also, an interesting fact about Kai is it's the first time in a while we've had an anime with two versions. One censored and one uncensored. Apparently in the US, Funimation dubbed the show to air on Nicktoons and Vortexx. Because of that they edited out the blood, swearing, cut down the theme song and stuff like that. The Blu-Ray versions are uncut but super hard to find online, unless you got for a torrent or direct download. What I found neat about the uncut dub is how they use the characters' voice actors to sing the theme, so they change it up every 30 or so episodes.

Yup. Just Dragon Ball. Only rarely will we be watching two shows. And by that I mean if a show totals to an hour or two long, which is why Bravoman was paired up with Robotomy. 

And the theme for Dragon Ball is Mystical Adventure. As I said earlier, this is the remastered dub from Funimation so it includes the original Japanese soundtrack and is completely uncensored. So expect tons of dirty humour. 

How long will the night be? 2 hours? 4 hours? etc

How long will the night be? 2 hours? 4 hours? etc

Oh, right. I should specify that. It's gonna be a whopping 5 hours and 15 minutes long. Lengthy, I know. But that's sorta the point. Y-you guys don't have a problem with this, right? D:

Oh, right. I should specify that. It's gonna be a whopping 5 hours and 15 minutes long. Lengthy, I know. But that's sorta the point. Y-you guys don't have a problem with this, right? D:

It should be fine for me, although I'll probably miss the following week due to stuff