Awoo.

The Toon House | "You With Us?" | (NEW TIME) CCF Throwback March 11th @5PM EST/10PM GMT

ElectricAngel

Woah! What's this all of a sudden? I'm making an announcement about an upcoming weekly event I'll be doing? Why yes! Yes I am!

I've been wanting to share this for quite some time but didn't know when to announce it. But today feels like a right time. I won't try and write too much and overcomplicate things, so let me try and say things the simple way.

I have decided to voluntarily stream cartoons every Friday on my Livestream channel. Why? Well, because I love cartoons! And from what I've seen, SSMB loves cartoons too! So this could be a very fun end of the week event where we get to relax and enjoy some toons. I got inspired after what I dubbed as "the streaming fever" where various SSMBers started streaming. I thought it was complex, but thankfully Felix was kind enough to explain everything to me and helped me set up my channel!

Now before I start with the details, I want to thank Thigolf, Spin Attaxx, Galabance, VEDJ-F, Alienrun, and Osmium and whoever else was there (sorry if I can't remember you D:) during my test stream with House of Mouse a few weeks back.

So, now let's get down to business. Because this is going to be an event for SSMB, I wanted to make sure everything's all ready to go at the perfect time and perfect day with YOUR choice of toon! Uploading to the Livestream server takes quite some time, and so I'll need shows a few weeks in advance to properly stream them.

From the feedback I got at test stream, we had decided Fridays at 7PM GMT would be a good time. Granted, we were all European, so I'm not sure how some overseas SSMBers would be with that time. I tried making the test stream really late at night here so some members in the Americas could see it as well, but no dice unfortunately. I was thinking if someone wants to co-host, I could give access to my Livestream account (or make you an admin, I guess) and let you be in charge of the stream for EST/PST time zones. Also, I'm still unsure as to what day I will begin the stream. I'm thinking August 14th or 21st, depending on how things go.

And with that out of the way, it's time for questions! Don't worry, you won't get graded.

1. What time zone are you in?

2. What time and day would it be best for you to join in on the stream?

3. What kind of cartoons do you want to see on the stream?

Just for a little feedback, to tweak the event a bit and make it compatible. But oh snap! I forgot the most important part!

What makes this stream different is the sheer amount of content I'll be streaming. You want one episode? Two episodes? Well I'll be streaming an entire season*! So make sure when you request your show to specify what season you want. If you don't say, by default we'll start on season 1. In addition, I will be showing the pilots if they were released to the public, as in a special feature on DVD or something like that.

And now time for the FAQ:

Q: Where will you be streaming these cartoons?

A: All cartoons will be streamed on my Livestream channel over here: http://original.livestream.com/electricangel

Q: Can I suggest anime?

A: Yes. Anime can be recommended as long as it has an English dub. If two or more dubs exist ala One Piece or Dragon Ball, please specify the dub. I have nothing against subs, it's just that it would be a pain to manage and would probably end up being hard to read due to how Livestream's quality is. It's not horrible, but it's not HD either.

Q: What happens if we start a show and want to continue it?

A: If there is enough demand, we can watch additional seasons and episodes of the show and continue where we left off as neccessary. Please note that we will not be watching the same show two weeks in a row.

Q: Can I recommend a show that had only one episode, like Bubsy?

A: No. The shows must have at least one complete season produced, or 13 episodes (26 for 11-minute ones). This stream is all about having content, and if there's hardly any, it would make for a short and underwhelming stream.

Q: A whole season? Isn't that overkill?

A: To some, maybe. But my intention was to launch this stream at a comfortable time during the weekend when people have free time and want to relax. The idea behind doing full seasons is to ensure there is a lot of content. With that said, it also makes it less strict, as with cartoons, you can join in at any episode. So if you want to join, you don't have to come at the start. You can come midway, or stay for a few episodes. It's all up to the individual. If the show is plot heavy, the chat is always there to get you caught up on what you missed.

Q: What if I want to recommend a rare or odd show that's hard to find?

A: This one, I'm a bit iffy on. I mean, it's all up to you guys. If there's a hard to find show, I will do my best to retreive as many episodes. In the case where I can't get a full season, I could play some episodes from the next season or cut it a bit short, depending on what you like.

Q: If a cartoon was censored in public releases, will we be watching the original broadcast version?

A: No. Unless the uncensored version was provided to the public in a high quality release, I will not be streaming it. With that said, shows like Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy will be from the censored DVD releases. I want to provide the highest quality video to you guys, and getting a crummy VHSrip of a show just for a few scenes is not worth it in my eyes. In instances like The Powerpuff Girls and Invader Zim, I will be able to provide them due to them being available to the public via DVD releases.

Q: Can we watch old 30s/40s cartoons?

A: Yes. If you have any suggestions for those, please be specific with what types of cartoons. For example what era, and what character is featured.

The Raffle Bag: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mfkIW-ZIo7TCo7EjRx0jP8MiyWghRXF_WZscoRmozpQ/edit?usp=sharing

*By seasons I mean 13 22-minute segments, 26 11-minute segments, or approximately 264~312 minutes of content.

**Spin Attax, when you said Sonic you weren't specific, so I assumed you meant SatAM. Feel free to correct me though.

Edit: Oh oopsies! I forgot to mention! Cartoons currently airing are not eligible for streaming, unless they have surpasses one season. Just so you know, this means no Sonic Boom.. yet.

• Thumbs Up 8

My time zone is Central Standard Time

I think Friday is good. Not too sure about 7 PM due to it being GMT. It's fine for me during the summer but when I have to go back to school, I'm going to miss it. Maybe 9 GMT? 

- Ed Edd n Eddy (Probably either season 1 or 2, not really sure)

- Dragon Ball (The original series, not Z)

- Spongebob (The first season or whatever the season the Krusty Krab Training video is at)

MEDABOTS

• Thumbs Up 4

1. I live with Eastern Standard Time. 

2. Friday at 7 PM GMT is... okay for me. And same with Dan about it not being easy to see it during school days. And I might not be there for the whole thing if it was on Fridays, I would have to work it out. I would prefer it on Saturday or Sunday, but Friday is fine I guess. 

3. A lot of the shows I had in mind are already on your list. I will come up with some shows later. 

Actually, I would like to see AoSTH at some point. 

Edited by Osmium
  • Thumbs Up 1

CROW can join in any time or day as long as CROW isn't sleeping. Trust me when I say my sleep cycle has been going all over the place.

I'll be super down if you stream the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OVA. Everyone needs to experience that really bad adaptation really fun adventure! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

My time zone is Central Standard Time

I think Friday is good. Not too sure about 7 PM due to it being GMT. It's fine for me during the summer but when I have to go back to school, I'm going to miss it. Maybe 9 GMT? 

- Ed Edd n Eddy (Probably either season 1 or 2, not really sure)

- Dragon Ball (The original series, not Z)

- Spongebob (The first season or whatever the season the Krusty Krab Training video is at)

MEDABOTS

9PM GMT might be a little late for me, though since I'm in GMT+2 time zone. I could perhaps still do it, though I'm concerned for our European members. Oh and the KK Training Video is in season 3. Good suggestions though. Ed Edd n Eddy was originally suggested during test night. Not sure how I forgot about it..

CROW can join in any time or day as long as CROW isn't sleeping. Trust me when I say my sleep cycle has been going all over the place.

I'll be super down if you stream the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OVA. Everyone needs to experience that really bad adaptation really fun adventure! :D

Cool beans. I'll try my best to get that up.

Now, since I have no idea how to decide what to watch, should I do a Strawpoll or put them in a random generator or something? Not sure how to go on about this. :L

1. I live in EST

2. Friday in particular is the best day for me. Weekends overall would be fine but Saturdays are a bit hectic and I'm one of the main managers for Game Night, so it is quite busy for me.

3. The Classic original Pink Panther cartoons. They've had seasons of that, and it's a fun watch. House of Mouse is something done previously and we should totally do it again, and I did at one point stream almost the entirety of Captain N. Oh boy was that a stinker (and it was fun too).

A question? What about web series, such as the ShiftyLook's Bravoman? Those could qualify as cartoons as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

1. I live in EST

2. Friday in particular is the best day for me. Weekends overall would be fine but Saturdays are a bit hectic and I'm one of the main managers for Game Night, so it is quite busy for me.

3. The Classic original Pink Panther cartoons. They've had seasons of that, and it's a fun watch. House of Mouse is something done previously and we should totally do it again, and I did at one point stream almost the entirety of Captain N. Oh boy was that a stinker (and it was fun too).

A question? What about web series, such as the ShiftyLook's Bravoman? Those could qualify as cartoons as well.

Bravoman can work, yeah. Though all episodes come to just an hour.. we could combine it with another web series. Have something like a double feature, I guess.

1. My Time zone is AWST. (Australia Western Standard Time).

2. I would probably say around 5-6 PM AWST and the 5PM GMT is too late for me.

3. Personally, I would like plenty of Johnny Bravo (I like that show), Also, I would like to perhaps see some really old Mickey Mouse cartoons from the 20's to the 30's.

Edited by Inkling Cooper
  • Thumbs Up 2

Alright last post before I go to bed. (It's 3am here now :P)

1. My Time zone is AWST. (Australia Western Standard Time).

2. I would probably say around 5-6 PM AWST and the 5PM GMT AWST.

3. Personally, I would like plenty of Johnny Bravo (I like that show), Also, I would like to perhaps see some really old Mickey Mouse cartoons from the 20's to the 30's.

I'm not entirely sure about AWST and how it works in correlation to GMT. That little bit at the end about GMT AWST is a tad confusing, to be honest. But great cartoon choices! Mickey shorts from the 20s-30s had that "rubber hose" style which I'm personally a big fan of.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright last post before I go to bed. (It's 3am here now :P)

I'm not entirely sure about AWST and how it works in correlation to GMT. That little bit at the end about GMT AWST is a tad confusing, to be honest. But great cartoon choices! Mickey shorts from the 20s-30s had that "rubber hose" style which I'm personally a big fan of.

That thing at the end, I was supposed to say the 5PM GMT was too late for me but I messed up.

What time zone are you in?

Eastern Standard Time.

What time and day would it be best for you to join on the stream?

I'm restarting school soon, so Fridays around sometime of 5-6:30 PM would be optimal since I know most people here are in GMT.

What kind of cartoons would you like to see on the stream?

ChalkZone, major childhood show of mine that actually made me get into drawing. Since you said we could watch anime, the Little Witch Academia shorts wouldn't hurt either. It'd be cool to see some Robotomy as well!

Can't wait for this, definitely seems like it'll be a fun time. Once this starts, I'm hella gonna be there.

• Thumbs Up 3

What Day?

Fridays would be best

Time Zone?

GMT

Best Time? 

Usually, 10:00pm is best for everyone. Because while it's 10pm in GMT, it's only 5pm for EST.

Cartoon?

I'd like to see Dragon Ball Z, and TMNT 2012 please.

• Thumbs Up 1

Regarding Sonic boom, I thought it's first season is already out and the show is on it's "second" one.

Regarding Sonic boom, I thought it's first season is already out and the show is on it's "second" one.

Nope. Season 1 consists of 52 episodes consisting of 11 minutes each

Thank you sooo much for remembering me! I'm rather suprised since we haven't talked since...that stream!

I personally don't find this kind of thing as fun as a gaming stream due to lack of interactivity, even if its a single player game you can have people join a skype chat to add the commentary! (I did that once with someone who had 5K subs and it was a blast!)

Due tell me when SatAm and Powerpuff girls is going up, i'd like to watch those with other people!

...oh and I guess I could recomend teen titans 4th season as well, That would be fun! (I do like some cartoons, its just not my thing most of the time)

but yeah i'll be missing out on everything else, at least for the time being. I hope you have fun with it! :)

P.S. I'm wanting to start my own "gaming nights" since the one we have now doesn't play games i'm very interested in, and there is no real way to "vote" for which game you REALLY want! I'd be fine if just 4 people show up! I'm wanting to stream single player stuff with other people, possibly even do races, even blind ones! Please do tell me if your interested and I can try and set something up!

• Thumbs Up 1

Central Daylight Time.

What time and day would be best for you to join in on the stream?

2pm on Fridays and Saturdays I guess.

What kind of cartoons do you want to see on the stream?

I actually like to watch all of the episodes of Sonic X.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eastern Standard Time.

What time and day would it be best for you to join on the stream?

I'm restarting school soon, so Fridays around sometime of 5-6:30 PM would be optimal since I know most people here are in GMT.

What kind of cartoons would you like to see on the stream?

ChalkZone, major childhood show of mine that actually made me get into drawing. Since you said we could watch anime, the Little Witch Academia shorts wouldn't hurt either. It'd be cool to see some Robotomy as well!

Can't wait for this, definitely seems like it'll be a fun time. Once this starts, I'm hella gonna be there.

Robotomyyyyy! YES! I thought I was the only one who saw it. Really sad it didn't last long.

Hm, well the first season that's ordered has around 2 seasons worth of episodes. I could get it but all episodes I've found are in low quality. I'll consider it if it gets enough demand.

Okay so, wow. This has gotten a lot more attention than I thought. But that's great! Now, I know I can't please everyone with the time, and I apologize, but I think I'll settle with 9PM GMT. It'll be a little late for me but it is from what I've seen the most optimal time for everyone. For those in the US it would be 5PM in EST and 4PM Central time. For our Australian viewers, however it would be 5AM-7AM on Saturday depending on where they live. I apologize for that.

Now, because of all the requests I've gotten, I think I'll put every possible show we've thought of in a random generator, pull 4 out, and make a Strawpoll. So, sometime later today, voting will be available. I think it's the best way to choose randomly what to show and now have it be biased or like, first come, first served kind of thing. Aaaand! I have an idea. If the show you requested wins, we will start the stream at the time it is best for you. So, 9PM GMT is like, the base time.. if that makes sense. And it can change a bit from week to week. It may seem silly, but I want people to be there for the stuff they requested. It wouldn't be fair if they missed it due to a strict schedule, you know?

Aaaand! I have an idea. If the show you requested wins, we will start the stream at the time it is best for you. So, 9PM GMT is like, the base time.. if that makes sense. And it can change a bit from week to week. It may seem silly, but I want people to be there for the stuff they requested. It wouldn't be fair if they missed it due to a strict schedule, you know?

That is genius! now I don't have to worry about it! I'll be sure to follow this so I don't miss it! Thanks! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok well because I didn't have anything better to do right now, I slapped all 29 possible shows in a random generator, pulled out 4 and made a Strawpoll like I said. Current contestants for Premiere Night are:

-Dragon Ball

-Johnny Bravo

-Chalk Zone

-Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)

Vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/5088734

No spamming please. Also, please note that I have none of these shows readily available on my hard drive, so it will take some time to acquire and upload to the Livestream server. Premiere Night will most likely take place 21st of August. The reason being I want to give you guys a week to vote, and the week after this I'll be in Athens with no Internet. So the soonest I can start is on the 21st.

EEST

Friday, 9 pm

Sonic X, TMNT 2012, Ben 10, Dragonball(Original, Z or GT; it doesnt matter)

Edited by Diamond Z
Forgot Something
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Dragon Ball

Question: Is it Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball Z?

I know this may seem picky but I think it's important to clarify which one it is.

Question: Is it Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball Z?

I know this may seem picky but I think it's important to clarify which one it is.

It's the original. If it was Z I would've put Z at the end. :V

It's the original. If it was Z I would've put Z at the end. :V

Hey, I was just asking.

even though DBZ is better :U

Also, how about calling this whole thing SSMB Cartoon Night? We have SSMB Movie Night and SSMB Game Night so SSMB Cartoon Night would go well.

I guess that could work, yeah. Cartoon Night sounds a bit boring but if we're gonna be going for a common grouping kinda thing, yeah I can rename it. 

Also I should probably announce that Klonoa is gonna be co-hosting this. He's in charge of Game Night but willingly offered, so in case I can't do a certain time or if I'm just busy one day, he'll be taking over.