Awoo.

Sonic's Future

Pkrockinomega

He has a point though. Duke Nukem Forever spent more than a decade in development hell, and the general consensus on the final product was that it was pretty average and didn't live up to people's expectations. Speaking of which, that's the bigger picture, by the way. If your game is taking a pretty lengthy time to be made, people will be expecting the final product to be good if it's taking such a lengthy time to be produced.

Though it also depends on the quality track record of the franchise's games and/or developer for said expectations to be set, which in Sonic/Sonic Team's case I personally wouldn't hold my breath...

Yes, but this is two years versus twelve, for starters. Second, that wasn't Blooob's point, because he generally has none other than "Sonic am dead and sell franchise yes".

Basically, we're comparing it to DNF because the Sonic franchise has been so saturated that we've been trained to expect a new game every year (and in fact, we're still getting them, Boom or not)

Yes, but this is two years versus twelve, for starters. Second, that wasn't Blooob's point, because he generally has none other than "Sonic am dead and sell franchise yes".

Basically, we're comparing it to DNF because the Sonic franchise has been so saturated that we've been trained to expect a new game every year (and in fact, we're still getting them, Boom or not)

Shaddy do not distort my opinion and point. I just said that "development time=/=game quality. I can't understand why do you distort my opinion.

Shaddy do not distort my opinion and point. I just said that "development time=/=game quality. I can't understand why do you distort my opinion.

maybe because you've rammed your *other* point into our heads for multiple years now and the fact that you could come up with something that doesn't directly tie into it baffles me, so my mind subconsiously corrects it while I type a post and leads me to think it says something else? It's not as if this is something that's stopped happening.

And while yes, I may have strewn from the point, the "distorted opinion" was something I (paraphrased) have literally seen you post.

Edited by Shaddy

As long as there are still videogames around, the blue blur will have a spot for the future. Despite having overall less success than Mario/Nintendo for a while, Sonic is still a respectable icon in gaming history. The truth we all have to face though is that Sega is just barely functional enough to float along no matter how much new stuff the industry develops. Sega will still be around during the days where all games are platformed for virtual reality, simply because the 90's gave them a free ride. Might as well say it, an immersive simulated reality where I can run through loop-de-loops all day sounds fun.

Sorry for misunderstanding this, but I was not talking about Disney Infinity 2.0. I was talking about Disney Infinity 3.0's Racing mode.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/hands_on_disney_infinity_toy_box_30_brings_a_fresh_mario_kart_rival_to_wii_u

Well i was just reminding you that just because a game has Disney on it doesn't mean it automatically sucks.

Well i was just reminding you that just because a game has Disney on it doesn't mean it automatically sucks.

Actually, I don't like always-toys-to-life based games, but it doesn't mean I hate Disney because my favorite Disney games are Epic Mickey 1+2.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man it isn't SEGA's fault, it's all the Sonic fans that are causing the downhill in the games. The games aren't that bad. At least, they don't deserve the hate that most people throw out at them. SEGA has been very dramatic when it comes to the term 'new and fresh'. They are risking their popularity and adding new things. That's what they did with the Werehog, and in my opinion was pretty fun. My point is, SEGA will continue to go downhill until people stop bitching about the new Sonic games when they don't deserve it.

Hey man it isn't SEGA's fault, it's all the Sonic fans that are causing the downhill in the games. The games aren't that bad. At least, they don't deserve the hate that most people throw out at them. SEGA has been very dramatic when it comes to the term 'new and fresh'. They are risking their popularity and adding new things. That's what they did with the Werehog, and in my opinion was pretty fun. My point is, SEGA will continue to go downhill until people stop bitching about the new Sonic games when they don't deserve it.

I agree that some of the new games get a lot of hate they don't deserve but how can you say that the fans cause all these bad Sonic games?? That doesn't make sense. Yeah the fans say they want something new but that's because a lot of them think the new games are a lot worse than they are but that doesn't mean it's the fans fault that the games are bad. Are the fans in charge?? Do the fans give orders to SEGA?? No they don't, SEGA can do whatever they want but they choose to do all these new things instead of just doing what they have in the past and make these new Sonic games the pots of gold they should be like Sonic 2, SA1 and SA2. I'm not saying SEGA is a bad company I mean they brought us all the Sonic masterpieces and other great games like Streets Of Rage and Golden Axe but they need to go back to the classic formula. Maybe make some new 2D Sonic games. Maybe a spin off series for Classic Sonic. Like Sonic adventures that take place during games where Sonic isn't the main character. Like what is he doing during Tails Sky Patrol or Tails' Adventure or Knuckles' Chaotix????

• Thumbs Up 1

Really? Really? You are aware that people have rights to their opinion, and that a lot of that 'bitching' would actually cease if SEGA got their act together, instead of flinging random ideas at the wall, and not taking the time to properly implement them? I'm not shelling out $60-80 bucks on a new Sonic console game if they can't get their mechanics right and make their gameplay fun. 

Edited by Mightyray
  • Thumbs Up 4