Awoo.

Perler Bead Sprite Topic!!!!

The Chairman Of The Board

This new topic is for Perler Bead Sprites. It's very easy to do. Go into your crafts store and ask if they have Perler Beads and go online and get a picture of a game sprite and make them. To make them you need to get what they call peg boards and they should be in the same spot as the beads in your craft store. The beads are plastic so to get them to stick together you have to put a piece of paper over them and it's a special kind of paper that should be including when you buy the peg boards. After you put the sprite together on the peg board and cover it with the paper heat up your iron and melt them together and then your done. Now obviously for your first one you don't want to make some huge thing because since it is your first time chances are your going to over or under heat it and it is going to get messed up so I suggest starting with small things learning how to iron them perfectly so you don't waste the beads if it gets messed up. I saw a topic like this already opened but it was for selling them already done not just a topic to discuss them http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/14969-perler-bead-pixel-art-commissions-are-open/#comment-615205. This topic is to discuss them and post pictures of already completed ones or works in progress. I have done some but don't have the pictures on my computer. When I get them on my computer I will post them. So post away.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ooh I love these things! I've seen some super creative ones before. I actually made some for EDC Las Vegas this past June to wear (pics under the spoiler)! I find them kind of a pain to make, but they look super cool if done right.

tumblr_nq7r611YHt1r9szrgo2_400.jpg

Here's a Sonic head I made (along with some other Sonic-themed kandi bracelets).

tumblr_nq7r611YHt1r9szrgo1_400.jpg

This one is based off of Amethyst's gem from Steven Universe. I had it around my neck and had it land right on my chest area where her gem is. (I also made this one with matching bracelets!) 

Edited by Sapphire
  • Thumbs Up 3

Check below for some of my bead sprites

11257955_907718682620695_514872818_n.jpg

This is Sonic and Agent 47 from Hitman. Both variations of the Mega Man sprite.

11379324_1480339362258255_1486259698_n.j

This is a Mega Man shooting three shots out of his Mega Buster (that's the most he can shoot at once in the games). His foot got a little melted :(:( trial and error I guess.

11311625_1456493394649061_336996605_n.jp

These are 2 in the same picture. Mega Man and a Bart Simpson head which is also a variation of the Mega Man sprite. (Incase you can't tell I like making Mega Man lol)

11325275_477187169117286_354548704_n.jpg

Well here is the last one (Actually this is the first one I did. You can tell because at first I didn't realize I had to iron both sides) Mario. This is Mario from Mario 1 though not 2 or 3. On a side note I can't believe how much more advanced Mario looks in 3 compared to 1. It looks like it came out on the Super Nintendo. I know this isn't what every SEGA fan says but the graphics look 16 Bit (what are Bits????) like Sonic.

Well those are them. All of my bead sprites. Tell me what you think :):).

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I did this Growlithe a long time ago, just before ironing it I tripped and the perlers fell into the floor lmao

0wyYeFh.png

I also did an 8-bit Ash and Pikachu from Yellow, and the ghost from Regular Show, but they were too easy to made so I was dissatisfied with them.

WjmZRli.png

I did this panda for a friend. Don't have a picture, sadly. 

fMuLzoc.png?1

I have a lot of sprite images I want to do, like Arle from Puyo puyo sun , a Kururu sprite from the Keroro RPG, megaman X, Ristar, Dynamite Headdy...but a) I don't have enough perlers b ) I'm lazy :V

...but you know what, I think I'm going to try Ristar later

Edited by Ristar
  • Thumbs Up 1

I did this Growlithe a long time ago, just before ironing it I tripped and the perlers fell into the floor lmao

Hidden Content

I also did an 8-bit Ash and Pikachu from Yellow, and the ghost from Regular Show, but they were too easy to made so I was dissatisfied with them.

Hidden Content

I did this panda for a friend. Don't have a picture, sadly. 

fMuLzoc.png?1

I have a lot of sprite images I want to do, like Arle from Puyo puyo sun , a Kururu sprite from the Keroro RPG, megaman X, Ristar, Dynamite Headdy...but a) I don't have enough perlers b ) I'm lazy :V

...but you know what, I think I'm going to try Ristar later

Those are really good and the ghost's names is HFG High Five Ghost