Awoo.

Sonic's Best Moments

Billiam

Hello my name is Billiam Thies, I am a youtuber who makes content about video games. I've made plenty of videos about Sonic and have posted my videos on plenty of general video game sites. One thing I haven't done is reach out to the Sonic Community to grab their opinion on both my content and help for making videos. My most popular videos are my "WTF Sonic" series in which I compile 10 moments in Sonic's history (in each video) that I consider either weird, bad, creepy, or just plain silly. If you choose to look them up be warned there is bad language in most of my videos. 

I am currently working on a Top 10 list of Sonic's best moments; the weird thing is I am a big Sonic fan yet have never talked about the positive aspects of Sonic. I was wondering if I could have some help with this video. What do you think Sonic's Best Moments are? 

• Thumbs Up 4

The inception and introduction of the Chao, and how they are used to tie the games together as a whole is pretty great, specifically and especially in Sonic Adventure 2.

Chao raising is not something that's required (unless you want to 100% either SA1 or SA2) but most agree that doing so was fun, especially since players were given a reason to replay there favorite levels from each game over and over.

I don't really know exactly how to explain what was so great about Chao and how they are used and handled in both games (or maybe I'm just too lazy to think about it right now), but I know that people love Chao in both the Adventure games (especially 2). Since you're the one doing the video making, I'll leave it up to you to figure it out....

• Thumbs Up 1

When it comes to Sonic's best moment I don't think anything can quite top Sonic and the Black Knight's "The Dark Queen/Excalibur Sonic" cutscene:

* "Excalibur Sonic" sold separately.

I'm having trouble thinking of anything to say that would do this scene justice (mostly because it's 12:00 AM), so instead of writing up a new explanation I'll simply link you to my explanation of why this scene (and the rest of my top 10 cutscenes) is awesome from the 30 Days of Sonic #2. Actually you might be able to get some more ideas by browsing there too.

• Thumbs Up 4

I really like this scene.

Beautiful graphics and music aside, this is a great scene based on the writing. Sonic gets taught a little bit about himself about how his strength in himself allows him to keep on going and proves as a bit of a message to people. The message being how you should never give into the darkness in your heart and to stay strong, no matter what. Being a person with self-esteem issues and having to deal with his own inner demons, this scene really connects with me. This scene also shows Sonic's determination to help his friends. Of course, Sonic chooses to stay with Chip, even though Chip says there's no reason for Sonic to come along. Sonic just wants to help a friend.

This scene gives out a message, a sign of friendship and overall makes Sonic a good role model.