Awoo.

Konami is running a survey for us gamers.

kdotj24

"Can we have Raid Raptor - Force Strix to the TCG yet?"

Pretty much my only answer to this survey

• Thumbs Up 2

Interesting how they didn't list Metal Gear among the possible options. You'd think they'd take every possible opportunity to guage it's popularity against everything else they have.

To be honest though I'm scared to even fill it out because I can't even imagine how badly they'd fuck some of these up after the way they treated Castlevania and Bomberman already.

• Thumbs Up 3

Interesting how they didn't list Metal Gear among the possible options. You'd think they'd take every possible opportunity to guage it's popularity against everything else they have.

To be honest though I'm scared to even fill it out because I can't even imagine how badly they'd fuck some of these up after the way they treated Castlevania and Bomberman already.

I think they didn't mention MGS because they're still making games in the series. It looks like they're focusing on series that haven't been touched in years.

It's called a legacy series survey our something along those lines. mentioned Castlevania, but focused on Bomberman and goemon. put in straightforward thoughts, and namedropped Nintendo and Wii-u a few times in the essay answers since the what we wanted it on options were phones, tablets, Pc or Consoles(they didn't even include handhelds like 3DS/Vita)

So I just filled that out, & there's a question in there about which franchises fit better on which platforms, of which the choices were PC, Consoles, Mobile, or 'Cross Platform', except by the latter they're excluding consoles.

Putting aside that this is really awful survey designing (I just want to answer that I think Bomberman is best targeted towards consoles & mobiles), yeah they really don't want to continue with consoles much. Obviously I'm not surprised by that.

At any rate, I mentioned Silent Hill in the closing thoughts bit (because there was no way they were going to put that into the main section now).

Edited by fOscillo

Just filled it out.  Made a point that they need more of the true Castlevania games, and not the ones in the Lords of Shadows series

Edited by Tailikku

Filled it out, but as the only game on the list that meant a damn to me was Bishi Bashi, that was the sole focus of my survey answers.

So many fun times were had with Bishi Bashi Special on the PS1 about 15 years ago, I'd love a proper new one for me and the wife. :)

Edited by Patticus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, I love Metal Gear and I'm always game for another Zone of the Enders but I don't think I'd want to see either made without Kojima's involvement. And since I flat out stated as much I'm fairly certain that my survey is sitting firmly in the "ignore" pile.

Other than that I would be interested in another Lost in Blue. I recently gave it another shot after nearly a decade of it collecting dust and suffice to say I'm now officially hooked. Guess my 10 year-old self just didn't have the patience for that type of game.

Basically made it a point that I'd like a new non-crap Rocket Knight and new non-crap Castlevania.  Castlevania especially.  Lords of Shadow totally turned me off the series from that point on, which I made sure to mention, and hopefully this will be a prominently occurring point people bring up in the survey.

Filled it too. I focused on the classic Castlevania (even though i'm one of the few who was fine with the LoS reboot), Contra, Zone of the Enders, Suikoden and Vandal Hearts, and suggested (for what it's worth) not only to don't think about mobile, but that re-releasing both old and new games on Steam would have helped.

I should have probably asked about Boktai, Lost in Blue and a localization of Beyond the Labyrinth too, but alas.

Given how crap Konami has become over the decades, I can't help but cynically predict that this survey will largely be used to determine which of these series they're going to revive either for a bunch of trashy mobile games or to plaster the IP on hundreds of panchinko slot machines.

Edited by Señor Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 3

Filled it in, too, with lots of Focus on how badly I want the Bomberman Franchise back. Hopefully, something positive will come out of it.

If it was any other company, I would be glad that there is this kind of survey. But this is Konami what we are talking about. Company that doesn't care about it's games or great legacy at all. They probably are going to make pachinko machine out of highly respected franchaises or either milking them with outsourced cash-ins or "freemium" games.

Sorry for being this negative but does Konami deserve any kind of trust in this point? I don't think so. Fuckonami.

If it was any other company, I would be glad that there is this kind of survey. But this is Konami what we are talking about. Company that doesn't care about it's games or great legacy at all. They probably are going to make pachinko machine out of highly respected franchaises or either milking them with outsourced cash-ins or "freemium" games.

Sorry for being this negative but does Konami deserve any kind of trust in this point? I don't think so. Fuckonami.

But Pachinko is non existent in NA, and this is a western focused survey, so that isn't a worry. and the trick is to focus on the console part, and I personally threw in a Nintendo focus as well for Goemon and Bomberman

I did try to honest as possible and said I mostly want another Bomberman game. I did mention the 3DS game that never came out for some reason.

I think what Konami could be doing is that they may be gauging which games western fans want the most and enlist western developers to take care of it. They'll probably focus a lot of their japanese development teams on pachinko slot machines or something like that

It's a maybe, but it sounds like they're coming up with ways to somehow stay relevant in the game industry without blowing all of their budget in the Triple AAA side.

• Thumbs Up 2

IIt's a maybe, but it sounds like they're coming up with ways to somehow stay relevant in the game industry

Unlikely. Under current management, Konami has shown confused or indifferent handling of game production at best. You'd be better off expecting this poll to result in pay-to-play mobile games more than anything. The people who knew what they were doing in regards to production and business are either gone or leaving.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unlikely. Under current management, Konami has shown confused or indifferent handling of game production at best. You'd be better off expecting this poll to result in pay-to-play mobile games more than anything. The people who knew what they were doing in regards to production and business are either gone or leaving.

This is sort of what I'm expecting, but I might expect them to outsource these IPs to other devs to create the games for a fraction of the cost

Fans will eat it up, and because it's not that large as something like MGS V, they might get enough benefits from it to make it a profitable venture

if it's good that is

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa

I did the survey. Seeing a new non shoddy (lel like that'll happen) Bomberman or RocketKnight would be sweet. 

I'm with Shadowhunt on that. I'm not taking that poll. Not after they actually managed to fuck themselves up way faster than Capcom or EA could have ever done.