Awoo.

Mighty Switch Force Acadamy

Klinsy

You got to learn how to switch it up!

dimZC3L.png

So, Patricia Wagon wasn't always a cop ... she was also  a fire fighter!

Ha ha, now that's out of the way, basically, you're going to cop school.

In this um, hold on a second, "Part shooter, part puzzle, part party" you train to become the best switcher around!

But here's the thing, Wayforward needs your help, they're giving out early access on Steam to help shape the game up.

No word on it coming to 3ds or Wii U yet,  but I hope it does.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's cool to see a new WayForward game (Haven't really played Mighty Switch Force), but I'm really not sure about it's Early Access release.

Early Access while sounds like a good idea on paper can seriously hamper the success and legitimacy of a product. If the game is half-baked or doesn't give out anything substantial on release, then it seriously kills interest for the game. The Early Access name in general has a attached stigma to it that just makes people generally avoid games like this.

I'm happy to see wayforward doing more with the switch force games. I love me some Patricia Wagon and I'm gonna jump on this ASAP.....

sooooo........how exactly do i get on this early access?

Edited by LunarEdge

I was kind of peeved when I heard that this was on Steam and not planned for 3DS, but looking at the page, it's basically Mighty Switch Force: Harmony of Despair, and I'm not particularly interested in that.  Steam can keep it.

Looks interesting, though I'm disappointed that neither of my first assumptions about it: level editor (due to the fixed stage size) or online multiplayer (due to the PC release) seem to be part of the experience nor even mentioned as a potential plan for it.  The new Patty art is ridiculously cute though.

I'm happy to see wayforward doing more with the switch force games. I love me some Patricia Wagon and I'm gonna jump on this ASAP.....

sooooo........how exactly do i get on this early access?

The game will release tomorrow and you just buy it as normal.  By buying an early access game you accept the fact that the game will be fuller featured eventually and you won't have to pay for the full release (the game will just naturally update as content is added), but may currently be unfinished or lacking in refinement.

The early access version of the game is out NOW and it's completely free   available for 9,99€ and 6,99 Pound (I assume it's 9,99 Dollar for the US)!

Let's Switch it up! :D

Edited by Thigolf

The early access version of the game is out NOW and it's completely free! :D 

Let's Switch it up! :D

Uh, what?  It definitely says £6.99 for me, which is not a bad price at all, but... not free.

I just checked and... yeah, it has a pricetag now (9,99 Euro for me) and I can't play it anymore (it's in my Library, but instead of "Play" it says "Buy" ). Seems like they accidentally released it without a Price tag and quickly corrected the mistake. Guess I got lucky ior getting to play it at least for a short while ^^'

Looks interesting, though I'm disappointed that neither of my first assumptions about it: level editor (due to the fixed stage size) or online multiplayer (due to the PC release) seem to be part of the experience nor even mentioned as a potential plan for it.  The new Patty art is ridiculously cute though.

The game will release tomorrow and you just buy it as normal.  By buying an early access game you accept the fact that the game will be fuller featured eventually and you won't have to pay for the full release (the game will just naturally update as content is added), but may currently be unfinished or lacking in refinement.

ah ok....yeah i just downloaded it..... I will be playing it momentarily