Awoo.

The Pokemon GO Thread: Coming to iOS and Android 2016

Inkling Cooper

So, for those who haven't heard, at a press conference from The Pokemon Company, a mobile game called Pokemon GO (As you can tell by the title) Is coming next year for iOS and Android devices. The gameplay is basically an agrumented reality game in which you go out and catch Pokemon. The game is being developed  by Nitanic Labs, who made a game which you might have or not heard of called Ingress. Here's the first trailer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs. So, thoughts?

Edited by Inkling Cooper
  • Thumbs Up 3

i dont really understand how it works because we saw actual gameplay for some seconds. You just walk on the street like an idiot ? what if you are crossing the street and the pokemon is in front of a car? 

• Thumbs Up 1

The trailer doesn't tell me much, but I know I don't want to actually walk around in real life to find Pokemon on my phone.

I like the concept but I honestly am baffled at how bullshotted that whole trailer is. Regardless, it's neat to see that this is how they'll approach this kind of mobile experience.

I really want to see how they'll do things like place the Pokemon or what features from the game appear, so I'll give it a shot when it comes out whenever.

I hope that mewtwo wont be usa exclusive, or that legendaries are popular places exclusives. Here the only interesting builings are 2 castels and the metropolis. 

Seems..... Interesting to say the least. But it'll be a slap in the face if they decide to make Pokemon exclusive to certain areas. (Go to the Bermuda Triangle to find Lugia!) Or maybe they'll have microtransactions just for the CHANCE to find new Pokemon.

I'll give it a whirl, though.

News about the game

1. Microtransactions are a thing

2. Pokemon GO! watch.

Also, what will i have as a exclusive? is there any pokemon who lives in a castle?

1. Microtransactions are a thing

Oh for fffffuck's sake. I dunno why I though Gamefreak of all companies would be above this kind of thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Pokémon Go will link to the main games in some way"

This better not be important stuff for the games. I don't own a Smartphone or Tablet.

This doesn't look all that interesting if I'm being honest... I'll be over here, waiting for Pokemon Z, as usual...

Oh for fffffuck's sake. I dunno why I though Gamefreak of all companies would be above this kind of thing.

I'll take this post to note that for starters:

• This game is made by Niantic, not Game Freak, who were a part of Google before Alphabet Inc. happened
  • Niantic also made the Google Maps Pokémon thing a while back
  • Idk if other companies have said this (they probably have), but "Niantic has notably taken an alternative approach to monetization, veering away from more traditional mobile application development standards such as ad placements and In-App Purchasables."

That being said, the game looks fun, I can't wait for what shitty Pokémon live in my area.

Prepare for legendaries beign america and japan exclusive and europe and australia getting only magickarp

Pretty sure Nintendo won't do that.

Well, the only places from my country what would get legendaries would be 2 castels, where you arent allowed to use phones...

That's a very nice concept for a mobile game. I mean the concept of there being a "virtual world" where you can go and find pokémon as if you were a trainer.

The trailer's over hyped though. Most won't even want to exit their house or attempt to go like more than 30 meters off to an unknown place.  And that's the only problem I find , since it'll probably choose random spots on your country, who knows if it'll make you go to a creepy alley or a ravine or something (or if there's a building right in the middle of it) xD  

Imagine there being a rare pokémon on an appointment and go "I'm sorry guys but there's a Tyrannitar waiting for me".  

Either way, it's probably gonna be a little appetizer til the next main title. I'm more interested in seeing the in-game graphics and mechanics than the exaggerated (but rather awesome ) version of it with the CGI and unrealisticly hyped people xD