Awoo.

Wear the Rose Animated Short

Badnik Mechanic

So last night I'm sat watching the TV and suddenly this advert comes on, unfortunately because you're reading this topic you won't understand quite the effect it would have had on you since due to the way youtube works, you'll see the title. 

Regardless, I'm sat watching the TV and it goes to the adverts, this animation then begins and goes on... and on... and on... and I have absolutely no idea what it's about until the subtle reveal followed by the big reveal.

OMG it's amazing! Thoe John Lewis adverts which we make topics for each year? Yeah I think this qualifies, the animation quality is huge, the story it tells is charming and really makes you want to support the people in question. It starts off with a number of different people around London, who for some reason start to become giants, and... well... you'll see.

I've tried not to give too much away but obviously when you see the title it will ruin some of the magic but... just give it a watch it's pretty amazing!

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 5

I was on a night out last night and they had the football on one of those giant projection screens. I couldn't believe my eyes when this came on. I'm studying animation right now and the sheer quality of this just blew me away. I don't think I've seen an animation style quite like this before but I'd love to see more from whoever's behind this.

John Lewis has some rock solid competition if they go 2D again this year!

So the rose was supposed to symbolize the rugby team or something? I... Don't get what was so great about it. The art was definitely amazing, though.

The Rose is the flower of England as a side note, but it's basically saying "Your support will make the difference for our team's chance of success".

Edit: Huh, the Rose is also the national flower of the United States, but only has been for about 30 years.

Do you live in the UK? 

No.

The Rose is the flower of England as a side note, but it's basically saying "Your support will make the difference for our team's chance of success".

Edit: Huh, the Rose is also the national flower of the United States, but only has been for about 30 years.

Thanks for the explanation, Ved!