Awoo.

Pontaff Retrospective: What's Up with all the Hate?

FriendBot

Saying there are so many examples that it's just so obvious is simultaneously a non-argument and condescending. If it's so obvious, it shouldn't be difficult to point out in either SA2, Heroes, ShtH, Sonic 06, Generations, or Lost World where the bulk of Sonic and Knuckles' mutual interaction is based on trying to outdo each other. If you can't or refuse to, the only thing to conclude is that your argument is unsupported. Subsequently, Black Knight isn't a relevant example because Galahad is not actually Knuckles, and Sonic even notes this in the dialogue you pointed out.

Just as well, perhaps the misunderstanding is on your end. You have failed to both to cite a decent definition for the word "rival" and point out any working examples. You just keep saying "Well, it is and I don't understand why people think differently." That isn't an argument.

Knuckles_profile_SG.png

• Thumbs Up 2

The term "video game" has always been pretty inadequate; things like text adventure games have been around from the start and have always been far more about immersion in the world and navigation through a narrative than the gameplay, which exists simply as a mechanic for alternating freedom and confusion.  As vehicles for narratives, it's not just the fact of being interactive that separates video games from something like a movie or a book; the length and pacing can be completely different, the presentation of plot.  At the extreme ends of each, it's almost hard to distinguish video games from purely narrative mediums at all - certainly if we're looking at something like hypertext fiction versus visual novels, movies versus cinematic games.  The term "game" covers a multitude of sins, and games where narrative is far more important than a gameplay that's just a navigational tool have always existed.  As such, it's always been perfectly legitimate to be introduced to games as a vehicle for storytelling and world immersion over convoluted input methods for stalling progression; it's simply a matter of genre.  There's really no right or wrong way to enjoy a game.

But Sonic games aren't text adventures or visual novels or cinematic games or even big JRPGs where storytelling is much more important due to the nature of those genres. They're platformers, a genre of video game in which gameplay is a key element. How can you not care about gameplay in a platformer, let alone a Sonic game? It's like if someone said they play something Street Fighter exclusively for the story. I mean, sure, enjoy the story all you want, but is the gameplay really so unimportant to you as long as the story delivers that it could be anything and you'd still play the game? I just don't get it.

Knuckles_profile_SG.png

I specifically asked for cut scenes and textual dialogue for a reason, and that's because Sega throws in random stuff just to pad out the characters' profiles. Most people surely know that Tails is afraid of thunder and lightning, right? Of course they don't because there's nothing actually indicative of that facet of his character in the text or subtext of any of the games he's present in (and if anything it's rendered complete bullshit by his flying of planes in thunderstorms), which is the only thing that matters when we're discussing the actual role and personalities of the characters. If this kind of meta marketing was still proof of anything we'd still be trying to figure out how blast processing works.

I think we're needlessly stuck on the specific meaning of the word "rival".
Not to mention there's always this pesky diffrence between "Potential" a Sonic character has versus what the writers actually do with them.

So about Knuckles the rival, can we at least agree that Knuckles's personality (Both the honarable hot-headed emerald guardian or the brain-dead but headstrong buffoon) has tons of potential to clash with Sonic's (Both the Cocky adventurer and Sarcastic bro)
Whether the games do something with it or not is more up to the writers, which haven't been the greatest at times.

But Sonic games aren't <...> cinematic games

There's over an hour of cutscenes in most of them, and some only have 4 hours of gameplay. Sounds pretty cinematic to me. The games are rich in background detail, lore, character, everything.

They're platformers, a genre of video game in which gameplay is a key element.

True.
Regardless, Sonic games have more to offer then merely jumping on platforms.
I know people who go to restaurants just because they like the atmosphere, despite it being a restaurant, you shove food in your mouth.
People buying action figures to collect them even tough they're toys, you play with them.
People going to the opera to socialize and talk to people and barely pay attention to the actual performance, even tough herp a derp derp.

What can I say? People's motivations in liking something is complicated and can't always fit in neat little logic boxes.
Something about Sonic's universe is attractive and hooking people up. It might have been great platforming that introduced them, but as soon as they got in, the universe caught them and dragged them along for the rest of Sonic's carreer. Regardless of the quality of Platforming.

Besides that, I personally hate that Platform games and RPG games are considered incompatible in game philosophy, when they can become a perfectly fine peanutbutter and chocolate sandwich.
Kingdom Hearts. Megaman Legends. Mystical Ninja starring Goemon. Sonic adventure.
All the RPG world building and universe exploring, except with gameplay that's actually fun. Hoozah.
Being a Platformer doesn't mean it has to be stuck in a genre box that begins and ends with Super Mario.
So sure, you have Sonic games that are pure 100% Platformers, and story is irrelevant.
And they can be fantastic.

But then you have Sonic games that are the complete package, full on multimedia experience extravaganza, with music, with story, with adventure, with envirements, with some platforming sauce on top of it to tie it all together.
And maybe, just maybe, the experience is so rewarding, exicting and unique that the fact the platforming tying it all together is flawwed isn't such a dealbreaker anymore.

I mean, don't get me wrong, there ARE Sonic games that I Should love because Everything about the game is awesome Except gameplay, but the gameplay is so horrible that it implodes the entire experience (Secret Rings to me. Ghah Wii mote controlls)
But provided there's plenty of cool stuff happening to keep me entertained, I can tolerate some questionable missteps.

I'm irritated Platform games are getting shoved into this one tiny super specific corner that they have to be.
Man, look at Assasin's Creed, look at Mario Maker, then Look at Kingdom hearts Dream Drop Distance, then look at Super Meat Boy, then look at the new Tomb Raider.
All having platform roots in the core experience, all completely diffrent experiences, and all having a level of respect and an audience digging them, and therefore worth existing.
With some, super pixel perfect gameplay is vital, with some, it's more a matter of keeping the gameplay functional enough that the game generally upholds the immersion required but is allowed the occasional misstep here and there.

The only real question is what Sonic's identity is among the platformers, and that question has no answer because the guy is bouncing all over the place.
Practically every possible interpretation of "platforming" will suit some fraction of the Sonic fanbase and is therefore a "legit" Sonic game to some extend.

Edited by Roger_van_der_weide
  • Thumbs Up 7

I specifically asked for cut scenes and textual dialogue for a reason, and that's because Sega throws in random stuff just to pad out the characters' profiles. Most people surely know that Tails is afraid of thunder and lightning, right? Of course they don't because there's nothing actually indicative of that facet of his character in the text or subtext of any of the games he's present in (and if anything it's rendered complete bullshit by his flying of planes in thunderstorms), which is the only thing that matters when we're discussing the actual role and personalities of the characters. If this kind of meta marketing was still proof of anything we'd still be trying to figure out how blast processing works.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

Last.png

Dude, rules. Don't just post a series of images per post, and then fill an entire topic with such posts.That's spamming. Just compile them all or type out the dialogue. 

--------

Sorry fham. thanks for the compiling work baby ~<3

Edited by Fake Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think we're needlessly stuck on the specific meaning of the word "rival".
Not to mention there's always this pesky diffrence between "Potential" a Sonic character has versus what the writers actually do with them.

So about Knuckles the rival, can we at least agree that Knuckles's personality (Both the honarable hot-headed emerald guardian or the brain-dead but headstrong buffoon) has tons of potential to clash with Sonic's (Both the Cocky adventurer and Sarcastic bro)
Whether the games do something with it or not is more up to the writers, which haven't been the greatest at times.

Nobody will argue that Sonic & Knuckles don't have conflicting personalities, just calling it a rivalry, which kind of implies a level of antagonism from both parties, is a bit much. And people are really quick to call out personality traits that don't actually show up in the games proper....kinda like Fake is doing right now :V

4.png

5.png

6.png

Once again, what are they competing over. :V

Because to me, it just looks like an argument. Unless you're trying to say Arguing=Rivalry now too

I couldn't look away...I tried.

Everyone has different tastes, as I seem to have trouble understanding, and not everyone find Pontaff's work to be good, or funny.

Ah well, at least there seems to be a club for those like me who like their work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles is competing for honor and respect, Sonic is witholding it from him.

And people are really quick to call out personality traits that don't actually show up in the games proper....

Doesn't help even the official Sonic writers do this.
It's fascinating to read the official Sonic Boom character descriptions and try to connect it back to what we see them do on the show. A lot of their character quirks only vaguely being touched upon.
Especially Knuckles being a Nature man.

Everyone has different tastes, as I seem to have trouble understanding, and not everyone find Pontaff's work to be good, or funny.

Ah well, at least there seems to be a club for those like me who like their work.

I love their work as well :)

If it makes you or anyone else feel better, I think they do a good job in writing dialogue and how characters interact (Sonic/Tails bromance 4life) and their Eggman is the best we've had in years. The only thing that I find really irksome is how they borked Tails' character arc in Lost World.

Still though, if you like their work then more power to you, but the reason for people giving criticisms in this thread is so that we can see where they could do better... at least, most of us I think.

Knuckles is competing for honor and respect, Sonic is witholding it from him.

ya.

When it's them fighting, "its not evidence of a rivalry, its a misunderstanding". When its them exchanging banter, "its not evidence of a rivalry, it just an argument". 

I gave an example of Sonic being cheeky with Knuckles in Black Knight and this man says "it doesn't count because they were LARPing". So Knuckles is "technically not Knuckle he's Glabadad" and "Sonic needed the sword"

Knuckles' and Sonic's relationship is underlined with a current of competition. They're friends but they compete and give each other a hard time

It's Bugs vs Daffy.

And speaking of Bugs vs Daffy, I think some think Knuckles and Sonic have no rivalry simply because Sonic never attacks Knuckles. realize that there's always a Bugs and a Daffy in every fight. The "Bugs" is the cool and level-headed one, the one with the hooded eye lids and unshakable confidence. He thinks he pretty cool and he knows he has the upper hand.

Then theres the Daffy. He's incredibly irrate and and frentic. Everyone is his enemy and he's hostile, crazy-eyed. His confidence comes as misguided arrogance.

Bugs Bunny ALWAYS wins.

This trope is timeless.

At this point you realize that Knuckles is the Daff and Sonic the Bugs. 

Now you need to take into account the way the stories are narrated. The protagonist of a story will almost always be the Bugs because the entire world is already written for that character to win. Bugs never needs to be hostile to Daffy, Bugs never tries to seek out Daffy and ruin his life, but when Daffy meets Bugs he will always explode into a tantrum. Bugs knows Daffy may as well be trying to put out the sun by throwing icecubes into it. 

Bugs never needs to be hostile because the narrator will handle Daffy for him. He just needs to be calm, cool and collected.

When Sonic is the protagonist, the story is written for Sonic to be the winner. 

In all Sonic media, and especially in the modern and Boom series, Knuckles is made out to be foolish and irrate, and teased by Sonic for being so. The narration and unfolding of events and dialogue between Sonic and Knuckles represent the will of the protagonist, Sonic's will and best interests. Because Sonic is Bugs and Knuckles is Daffy. 

The rivalry is very active.

How can you say yes Bugs Bunny and Daffy are rivals, but no, Sonic and Knuckles are not? 

Screenshot_2015-10-03-18-46-10.png

Screenshot_2015-10-03-18-45-43.png

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not about who is hostile. It's about the impetus for fighting. Mocking people's refutations doesn't address this part of the argument at all.

If you're fighting for the achievement of the same goal that someone else wants to achieve (not getting shot by the hunter, becoming a Pokemon master, proving you're the real Sonic) you're a rival. If you're fighting for the achievement of a goal whose existence is mutually exclusive from your opponent's (free state vs. totalitarianism, existence vs. nonexistence of the planet) you are enemies. If you just rib a person, you're merely jovial friends, unless you're willing to argue that Tails and Sonic suddenly have been rivals in Colors and Lost World. If the only time you actually fight is due to  misunderstandings and lack of context, you're just untrusting and hotheaded.

These are just plain old definitions we're talking about here. Nothing more or less.

• Thumbs Up 4

If you just rib a person, you're merely jovial friends, unless you're willing to argue that Tails and Sonic suddenly have been rivals in Colors and Lost World. If the only time you actually fight is due to  misunderstandings and lack of context, you're just untrusting and hotheaded.

These are just plain old definitions we're talking about here. Nothing more or less.

I now realize that you and the others were correct all along Nepenthe.

Sonic and Knuckles are not rivals.

Could I say something, too?

Okay, look. Maybe I don't understand how writing a story works, but if there's one thing I notice these games lacking are consistency. I say this in both gameplay and story.

I can understand the gameplay, as Yuji Naka (creator of Sonic) gave Iizuka advice before he left SEGA, that being they always have to try something new. I actually do have respect for him and the games in that case, so I'm not going to bash the game for it's 'newest disaster of the day'.

However, what I can't understand are the stories. Maybe I'm using this term- consistency- incorrectly, but what I mean is that- as Roger says- every plot point literally works in it's own continuity. I've always wondered why this was the case until I came to sudden discovery:

These are pretty much the same writers as Happy Tree Friends. The story pretty much reboots every episode. Same even goes for the Sonic games, which doesn't make too much sense because the game does have an actual continuity. Maybe not well-written, but there is one there, regardless.

Another thing that irks me about their writing is the fact that they don't even know the first thing about Sonic. Okay, so let's refer back to Roger and Alex's interview with Ken Pontac (I hope I got that one correct). Alex asks if they would ever consider writing an adventure based story, and then they say that they've never even heard of Sonic Adventure. Not only that, but they're not even an actual Sonic fan.

Oh, boy. By saying that, you've pretty much gotten yourself into a bad position. Not only did you just admit that you don't know a single thing about Sonic besides what's popular (supposedly), but you've also shown that you wouldn't even know how to write an actual Sonic story. 

Great job. Just great job. Y'know, the writer of the comics, Ian Flynn, actually expressed interest in writing a Sonic game just a couple of days ago. I was ecstatic upon hearing this, knowing how good the comics actually are. I'd love to see this.

There was a hash tag going around, but I wasn't entirely sure what it was. Could someone refresh my memory?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd be careful with using this as an argument against them. One does not necessarily need to be a fan of a thing to serve as at least a decent writer for it. In fact, as the comic books industry has shown over the years, one problem with having writers who are huge fans of a work is that they can get so wrapped up in their appeal to continuity that they can risk producing continuity lockout and snarls, and alienate those who aren't as caring about it.

On the other hand, I don't imagine it's a really wise decision to get someone at the helm that doesn't look into (let alone care) about the franchise's integrity or inner content. Sure, maybe a super-mega-fan wouldn't be good to run it all, but when you have an Ian Flynn on you...

Also, I want to correct / elaborate on one of my previous statements made from today and say that Knuckles is a sort of rival to Sonic, but only on a vague level. Knuckles was originally conceived to be a rival figure to Sonic, and does such in games like Sonic R (he's the first place holder when playing as Sonic) and Sonic the Fighters (he and Sonic have their own musical cue to accompany it). However, as previously mentioned, it seems that this rivalry is only a rivalry when fun and games come in and competition is the focus, and otherwise they're often on the same page and won't interfere with each other's plans (in fact, they'll help each other rather than compete).

Not counting his first appearance in Sonic 3 & Knuckles where he was very much a rival as much as an antagonist (constantly one-upping Sonic and giving him a few good whacks), he's really just good pals with Sonic past there... despite their near-constant bickering, disagreeing and scuffling. Once again, they're like vitrolic best buds.

Edited by Azoo
  • Thumbs Up 7

I would argue that Sonic and Knuckles are rivals because they have the element of getting the upper hand on each other, when they argue it's a competition, when they banter it's a competition. They probably wouldn't butt heads nearly as much if they didn't simply want to look like the "better" one.

Edited by Amomynous
  • Thumbs Up 1

On the other hand, I don't imagine it's a really wise decision to get someone at the helm that doesn't look into (let alone care) about the franchise's integrity

Haha, "the Sonic franchise's integrity", that's a good one.

Y'know, maybe Sega hiring these outsiders with little knowledge of the series' lore and not giving them an exhaustive breakdown of the series' history, after years of the series being mocked for terrible writing, might've been for the sake of creating something different from what came before?

• Thumbs Up 2

Haha, "the Sonic franchise's integrity", that's a good one.

Y'know, maybe Sega hiring these outsiders with little knowledge of the series' lore and not giving them an exhaustive breakdown of the series' history, after years of the series being mocked for terrible writing, might've been for the sake of creating something different from what came before?

And what we got isn't really any better, so what was the fucking point :V

I'd be very curious to see what would happen if Pontac and Graff were given a more in depth, SA2-style Action Adventue plot to write for, along with a detailed breakdown of the characters and backstory. I must admit, while the plots of the more recent games have been far more basic and the characterisations a little shaky at time, Pontac and Graff manage to make the character interactions seem real in a way that, in my opinion, the early Adventure games often failed at horribly. SA2, for example, had a brilliant plot, but it was let down by the clunky, ham-fisted dialogue and delivery.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_my01ueff1D1s201hzo1_400.thumb.gifSince I seem to be just plain rewriting Sonic characters anyway, here's another head-cannon; Sonic and Tails are not friends.

I mentioned earlier ITT that the relationship between Sonic and Tails switched along with the emergence of Pontac and Graff, that the friendship between Sonic and Tails is now so stressed as a plot and conversational point that it feels fake.

I'm understanding the difference now as it relates to the over-arching theme of the switch from Action and Adventure (Japanese writers, 1998-2009) to Comedy and Banter (American writers, 2010-present).

A lot of people seem to regard Tails as a Sonic's best friend when this isn't at all the best way to describe their relationship. Tails is - or was - Sonic's sidekick. He follows Sonic around because he admires Sonic, and wins Sonic's affection by proving his usefulness in action. Sonic has some level of affection for Tails, but primarily sees Tails as an assistant, and only enjoys Tails' company as far as he's useful as such, often disregarding him or even finding him annoying when he isn't useful as such. 

Sonic and Tails had rare close moments between all the action in which Sonic takes a protective role over Tails, that reminds both the viewer and Tails that the relationship is more than a business partnership, but the narratives that this partnership was cemented in were always based around the action (defeating Eggman, gathering the Chaos Emeralds) and as such this was the nature of Sonic and Tails' relationship. Tails is merely Sonic's sidekick and at most his younger brother but never just his "friend", though their relationship is most easily summarized as "friends", as we know many partnerships, acquaintanceships or relationships can be.

In Boom (and to an appreciatively much lesser extent, the Modern games) there's that shift from action to inaction in the cinematics and writing, and accordingly a shift from Tails as Sonic's sidekick to Tails as simply Sonic's friend, despite the fact that calling them friends is a terribly inaccurate way to summarize a more complex relationship.

The new writers clearly take this summarization at face value (as it appears they've taken all other characterization traits at face value) and portrayed it in a very flat and one-dimensional form.

Modern and Boom Sonic media constantly reminding the viewer that Sonic and Tails are "the best of buds". Not only do they do a bad job at this simply because they aren't good writers,  but they only end up highlighting their flaws. See here; Tails (and many other main characters) is most easily recognized and identified by his relationship to the protagonist,  Sonic the Hedgehog. If you recognize Tails as being a different character under Pontac and Graff than he was under our good boy Shiro Maekawa (Adventure 2/06/Black Knight writer), it is heavily, heavily due to the way Tails' relationship to Sonic has changed.

As I've said, the change can be attributed to the moving of the settings from environments of intense action and danger, to environments of lazy Sundays. The cast just sits around and talks. Here, the weapons to success aren't Chaos Emeralds or super-sonic speed, but a quick-wit and loud mouth. Tails is taken from a position of submission to Sonic, and made Sonic's equal in value, whereas before the clear definition of the relationship was that Sonic was of more value than Tails, Tails looks up to Sonic and follows in his footsteps and wants impress him. When Tails feels he's done a good job he says "Look Sonic! I did it! Sonic , look!".

Tails now frequently contests Sonic, but for whatever reasons Sonic still maintains a protective view over Tails. As others mentioned this results in Tails taking cheap opportunities to chastise and punish Sonic with no retribution, and for usually trivial things. This is an attempt to strain and strengthen their relationship as "friends", but to anyone who knows the duo in their classic portrayal, this looks terribly wrong and portrays both characters in a bad light, especially when the outcome of this clashing suggests that Sonic needs Tails more than Tails needs him. 

What the Modern games have done well  for the characterization of Sonic and Tails' relationship, is take other characters out of the picture and focus the camera on only the two, the orange and blue. On the adventures of Colors and Lost World the two are interdependent on mainly each other. This illustrates a close relationship between the two and does especially play-up the 'eager side-kick' aspect of Tails' character, but ofcourse this is only good in short-sighted theory because as I've mentioned it only ends up serving to highlight how terribly mutated their dynamic has become by placing too much direct important on Tails as a friend and equal key to Sonic's success and very little as Sonic's inferior and apprentice - the foundation of Miles as a character.

This is exactly what Sonic Boom does not do. Because there are now five main characters, Sonic and Tails are no longer have any implied reason to depend on each other specifically, and with the aspect of apprenticeship already absent, this evolution serves to completely remove any plausible foundation to the especially strong relationship between Tails and Sonic, making it baseless at best.

Edited by Fake Hedgehog
my shit has to look cool bruh fym
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tails is taken from a position of submission to Sonic, and made Sonic's equal in value, whereas before the clear definition of the relationship was that Sonic was of more value than Tails, Tails looks up to Sonic and follows in his footsteps and wants impress him. When Tails feels he's done a good job he says "Look Sonic! I did it! Sonic , look!".

Tails now frequently contests Sonic, but for whatever reasons Sonic still maintains a protective view over Tails. As others mentioned this results in Tails taking cheap opportunities to chastise and punish Sonic with no retribution, and for usually trivial things. This is an attempt to strain and strengthen their relationship as "friends", but to anyone who knows the duo in their classic portrayal, this looks terribly wrong and portrays both characters in a bad light, especially when the outcome of this clashing suggests that Sonic needs Tails more than Tails needs him. 

What the Modern games have done well  for the characterization of Sonic and Tails' relationship, is take other characters out of the picture and focus the camera on only the two, the orange and blue. On the adventures of Colors and Lost World the two are interdependent on mainly each other. This illustrates a close relationship between the two and does especially play-up the 'eager side-kick' aspect of Tails' character, but ofcourse this is only good in short-sighted theory because as I've mentioned it only ends up serving to highlight how terribly mutated their dynamic has become by placing too much direct important on Tails as a friend and equal key to Sonic's success and very little as Sonic's inferior and apprentice - the foundation of Miles as a character.

Endlessly fascinating in how Less importance he has during the gameplay and action of the story, the more his worth and importance in the cutscenes are played up.
Like they're trying to compensate or something.

Really, whenever I see Tails and Sonic talk in the Pontaff games I just see Ken Pontac and Warren Graff talking to each other.
There's rarely an instance when they just say something natural, every sentence needs a punchline or some sort of "clever wording".
Just smells like writers trying to show off their language skills rather then buddies bantering during an adventure..

SA2, for example, had a brilliant plot, but it was let down by the clunky, ham-fisted dialogue and delivery.

Far as I can tell, the Sonic adventures problem is mostly that they have no idea how to get story information across, so there's too many awkward moments where characters are litteraly monologuing exposition to themselves, like Tails' weird banter in his plane before he lands at prison island.

Tough Adventure 2 tries to compensate for that by leaving huge chunks of the story open for interpretation. Sometimes tooo huge, creating unnecesairy confusion about the deal of Biolizard, and Rouge's mission and all that. Oh well.
Outside of awkward exposition, I found the dialogue between characters natural enough.

Pontac and Graff writing Sonic adventure...
Funny, I was close to making a parody movie about that once, but decided against it because it'd be too mean spirited.

None of the gang but Sonic and Tails would appear beyond pointless cameo's.
E-102 and the other E- robots are like Orbot and Cubot, ignoring orders and just laughing at how pathetic Eggman is.
Tikal would be treated like Zeena, trying to tell Sonic about her tragic past but Sonic immediatly goes into "I really care. NOT." mode and treats her like a boss battle and beats her up.
Eggman's dialogue would be constantly ridiculously violent and pg-13 ish, "I'll RIP YOUR DAMN FACES OFF!" to create the articficial illusion he's a threat even tough in a practical sense the guy's only stumbling aimlessly about.

Tails storyline of him stopping the rocket wouldn't physically appear but instead is something Tails is constantly bragging about to Sonic about how more awesome he is.
Chaos would basically be Zomzom, constantly talking about eating and being hungry.
Then Chaos eats Station square, Sonic and Tails walk around all the drowning citizens of the city ignoring their plight while going off on their wacky pun parades. Despite this, Chaos is completely ignored and Eggman is somehow the true final boss instead, despite him not having any plans, threats or purpose.
So Sonic and Tails beat him up, laugh at how pathetic Eggman is, while Chaos eating the city is never brought up again.

Yeah, basically all my gripes of Lost world being exagerated and completely consuming Sonic adventure's plot.
But, too mean spirited, so better not. But man, would it be cathordic for me to make this.

Edited by Roger_van_der_weide
  • Thumbs Up 5