Awoo.

best team/work in Sonic Heroes~?

Rey Skywalker-Ren

I couldnt find a thread like this. Bascially which was your favorite team in Sonic Heroes and why? (I mean offical teams, not teams you make up)

I hate Sonic Heroes, but I really really really really adore Team Sonic.

I really do love them. They are what make this game. LEMMIE TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT TEAM SONIC....... There one of the ONLY teams in this game who act like a team. They keep each other focus on the mission to save the world from Eggman. They RESPECT each other through the game. They act like they have been friends a long time. The compliments to each other and Sonic thanks his friends. 

Sonic is the heart of this team. He cares and it SHOWS. He ecoruage his friends to keep going. In Mystic Mansion he helps Tails when he was afraid. On the last mission he helps his friends the through the level. But behind the heart character is the brains and the mountains. Tails is the brains of course~he is serious when the time is OK but needs help from Sonic sometimes.  Knuckles when plans are in place and that he can warn Sonic to be careful and have him focus.

Oh and they were in the team to save the world from Eggman! And they help each other to fight that giant metal Sonic. These arent three egos on a damn day out but these are friends who have traits to help each other, they respect each other and care and they won together. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Chaotix. Honestly, they were the only ones I felt like who actually had something going on for the plot. Everyone else had excused plots.

Sonic? Was literally invited from Metal Sonic.

Rose? Find pets, didn't even say how Big got involved with Amy.

Dark? Find and beat up Eggman because reasons.

That's me though. I'm sure others don't feel that way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Dark had the best theme, however if you look into it they do have a decent plot. Rouge is looking for treasure, discovers someone she thought was dead, and someone who wanted vengeance. She then proceeds to manipulate them both into helping her with the heist she was after by feeding their want for revenge, not minding a bit either, but discovers she was duped(possibly by Eggman, it may have been perpetuating the rumor in order to destabilize Metal Sonic's scheme), and discovers a threat that has be destroyed(the clones), and Omega obliges. Takes a little reading into, but the structure was all there.

Of course I have to pick Team Sonic.

One, it has Sonic. Who doesn't love Sonic here? I love the interactions the three characters have and in the end, they were the ones to save the world.

Why? Because we're SONIC HER-

*shot*

Anyway... I do like the other teams. The Chaotix and is one of the most important in terms of the plot. Team Dark was simply fan-service and to set up Shadow The Hedgehog, but it's cool to see them around and interacting. Those two teams are the ones with the most "mystery and suspense" surrounding their plot. Team Rose is a little questionable, though. Why is Big here again? You know, other than to rescue Froggy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who doesn't love Sonic here?

*Raises hand slowly*

Why is Big here again? You know, other than to rescue Froggy.

To give a Power type to Team Rose.

Honestly, I feel like they gave out these teams for little reason other than to make the game stretch out longer. I'm thinking it was cheaper to have it replay four times than to make new levels. So they added Dark, Rose and Chaotix. I'm assuming they got Dark and Rose first and felt like a fourth one would make it the perfect size, someone found an old copy of Knuckles Chaotix

"Hey, we have some of these guys too."

"Coo'."

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, team Chaotix is a lot of fun, but Team Dark is so badass...plus, they get the hard levels ;)

Looking back, I had fun with all of the teams. Team Rose is probably my least favorite, but I still really enjoy them as well.

Omega is jsut the greatest to play as tho! ANNIHILATION! ERADICATE! So much fun XD I also like how serious Shadow is, but because he's not just here to pick a fight with Sonic he sounds pretty cool, and just is cool in general. Rouge is there to keep everyone in check, lol, she's fun too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hard to say. Team Rose is my least favourite because their story just seemed just pointless and how Amy, Cream and Big teamed up is never explained. And their voices, especially Creams are just so annoying.

Team Chaotix in the other hand had some importance to the main plot and I really like them as a characters (even their levels weren't so bad, at least compared to the ShTH)

Team Dark had some sort of deeper plot and it introduced Omega, which to me is a plus. However, it also brought Shadow back and even if it's fine in Heroes because of the whole Android idea (I think it had some potential), it lead to the ShTH and the mess that it's story.

Team Sonic had pretty traditional "Eggman is a bad guy" -plot but it worked and I most of the time enjoyed to dialogue, even if I don't understand what happened with Tails' voice. But honestly, I think that final boss could have been just included in to their story. I think that I say my favourite is Team Sonic but that may be just because it's Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been a long time since I've played this game, and I've always loved every bit of it, which means I loved all of the teams. But Team Chaotix and Team Dark have got to be my two favourites! They have absolutely, incredibly amazing theme songs (I've always loved Team Rose's, as well) and I find them the most interesting in terms of characters, reasons for teaming up and how they interact, gimmicks, gameplay, and all of that. Now I'm inspired to listen to some Heroes music and dump it on my phone, finally.

Probably Team Sonic because...well...that's literally my three favorite Sonic characters right there. Team Chaotix is pretty fun, I like that they brought them back, I like their unique role, and they have some more unique moves than some of the others (e.g. Espio's invincibility, Charmy's teleportation with flowers). The similarity of movesets in Sonic Heroes has always annoyed me, especially with Team Dark. I mean, obviously Shadow being similar to Sonic is no problem, but Rouge throwing dummy rings? Omega gliding? Why? Just...why? D:

I will say, though, that Team Sonic's theme song is my least favorite Sonic song of all time. I hate it with my entire heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, obviously Shadow being similar to Sonic is no problem, but Rouge throwing dummy rings? Omega gliding? Why? Just...why? D:

I will say, though, that Team Sonic's theme song is my least favorite Sonic song of all time. I hate it with my entire heart.

Oh my god, I was thinking about this really really recently when watching Retsupurae play Sonic 06. Rouge throws bombs in it, but similar enough, especially considering it basically mirrors Tails' dummy rings in that game. I hate how they decided to make her throw random stuff when she had her awesome kick attacks in SA2!

Last part made me laugh. I can handle their theme a bit better now, but I never really liked it, and back in the day I just thought it was downright awful. It doesn't help that all the other teams have amazing theme songs to compare it to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Multiplayerwise:Team rose

mine: team sonic

sonic heroes was great........... team blasts and such............ BLAST AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

I have two actually; for reasons I'm sure others have said. Before I do get into that though...I too am a fan of Sonic Heroes. My favorite game actually. 

Team Sonic: They're the three principal heroes of the adventure; the defining core of what the game preaches on. Plus their story had that traditional 'Stop Eggman' shtick that in a way bridges all other teams' adventures together. Mind you this was when my induction into the series as a whole was fairly new, but even with all these new characters I've never seen before those three stuck and resonated with me the most. Gameplay-wise they're the most straightforward, obviously so I had a enjoyable time playing with the three.

Team Chaotix: Mainly for their gameplay compared to the others. That and when it came to the overall plot, their last scene directly bled into the Last Story. Oh, and this game was the first time I have ever see and heard of them, so a ninja-faring lizard, a hyperactive bee and a music playing, gold-wearing crocodile was just something that caught my attention among my limited knowledge of the series at the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Heroes is one of my personal favorite Sonic games as well!

But for what my favorite teams are? I think all 4 teams are good in their own way.

Team Sonic: They're good at bringing that light-hearted tone but still being awesome anime heroes as well!

Team Dark: They're the more plot-heavy ones and seeing such an unlikely trio becoming really close friends at the end is really endearing as well!

Team Rose: More in the cutesy side of things but Amy has definitely matured (besides her being all yandere on Sonic, of course). She always motivates her team positively to complete their mission and is very supportive as well, a basic but cute plot.

Team Chaotix: Definitely the more enjoyable team to see interact, just a bunch of goofball detectives that are also good friends, is a nice re-introduction to the guys.

So yeah, while their stories are mostly basic. There's something about each team that I really like so yeah gonna cop out and say, all 4 teams are my favorite.....

• Thumbs Up 1

I adore Team Chaotix. They're the coolest and I find their mission based levels to be incredibly fun.

Any game with those 3 in it get bonus points from me c;

• Thumbs Up 1

Fave team is who you think it'd be, I like the more explorative gameplay, the characters are great and the theme kicks *gong*.

It's weird how Team Sonic, the main trio, feel the most unneeded in the plot they set up with Metal Sonic. Team Rose may not be that involved either, but the kidnapping of Froggy and Chocola served a purpose for it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I wouldn't really say any of them worked well as a team, since most of the time the other two characters would just drag along and be terrible in team fights.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I favor Team Sonic overall. It's the team with my favorite characters, favorite Team Blast (if that counts), and I think the stages are challenging enough to enjoy without losing your grip.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gameplay wise I tend to be a sissy and go with Team Rose, the shorter levels don't wind me down as much.

Story and character wise however, probably Team Chaotix. They seemed to best charisma of the lot and amusing interactions and character displays, compared to Team Sonic's blandly goody goody banter, Team Dark's forced brooding, and Team Rose's saccharine antics (though I will give credit to the latter for giving some valid development and competence upgrade to Amy and Big, as well as a few legitimately heartwarming bits of interaction).

• Thumbs Up 2