Awoo.

How to Join the TSS PS4 Community

Badnik Mechanic

So as of yesterday, the PS4 firmware updated to version 3.0 and there was the addition of communities. Communities are effectively the PS4's version of clans, however many are treating them as simply groups of like minded gamers/friends/groups who just want to make new friends and share some multiplayer experiences with or share some fun PS4 moments thanks to the share function.

Well, as of yesterday, Dreadknux made the official TSS PS4 community. 

Unfortunately, there is no search function for the communities so it's a bit of a pain trying to find right now. So consider this a guide to find the official Sonic Stadium PS4 community and join your fellow members in... twiddling our thumbs until the first PS4 Sonic game comes out.

There are a couple of ways to join the community, but these are the easiest/least painful until a search option is found. 

What Does the Community Currently Look Like? 

Right now it looks a little bit like this when viewed from the communities menu.

erfIUtV.png

When you join the community, you'll know it's the right one as it was set up by this fellow who is also in charge of it. 

xRLNi2Q.png

Obviously the avatar is likely to change however the name will either be 'Dreadknux' or 'Svend Joscelyne' depending on a number of factors.

This is the official TSS group, it is the one we will likely support officially as well as run events on for both Sonic/Non Sonic and Sega/Non Sega activities. Wanna start a rocket league tournament? Sure lets do it. Want to do some raids in Destiny, lets do it. How about a hunt in Bloodborne? Of course! We like all kinds of games, not just Sonic/Sega ones.

How do I join it? 

There are several methods to join the community. These are the easiest.

1: Use your own friends:

If you have someone on your friends list who you know is a member, view their profile from the PS4's dash and select 'communities' it will then list all communities they're members of, select The Sonic Stadium one and select 'join'.

2: Request an invite:

If you don't have anyone on your friends list who is a member of the group, note down your ID here and request to be added. Someone will likely add you asap since anyone can send out invites. 

E.g. 

==========

Please can I be added? 

ID = OMGI'mSonic1

===========

We do not need your region or any local time information since all communities are region free.

However depending if the security settings change, the owner or any mods may want to approve some members joining. But for now anyone is free to join.

So that's pretty much it, if anyone still has problems, post here and we'll try to sort them out, remember this is a new feature on the PSN so odds are it may become easier to find in the future and some stuff may change.

Edit: Do not use the SSMB Contact us or TSS Contact email requesting an invite. It will likely be ignored/missed. 

• Thumbs Up 6

When I probably get a PS4 later in the year, I'll definitely join. 

Username: MeltingComet

I was one of the few who beta tested firmware 3.00, and I found the feature to be nice as it reminds me of Miiverse, but it needs work. You can't reply to messages posted on them, and as said, it needs a search function.

But regardless, I'll join for the sake of it... It's time for me to get back into Sonic after working on MLP stuff as well as unfortunately enduring seven years of hell in a certain fanbase I used to be in (don't ask).

ID is Flame_of_Harmony.

...I actually don't think I have any PSN friends from here (do for Steam, Live, etc.)

Welp, my PSN ID is StrawHat89, so throw me an invite to the community when you can!