Awoo.

Indivisible: An RPG by Lab Zero and 505 Games

Junko

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-an-rpg-by-lab-zero-and-505-games/

Indivisible is a Fixed Funding campaign. Meaning they do not keep your money unless they hit their $1.5 million goal. You are charged by IndieGoGo when you pledge, but if the campaign is unsuccessful, your money is refunded to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE6zS6Z9FGQ

zyl6nxxwoparidhdhrx0.png

Demo's here.

Lab Zero is proud to announce that we’re partnering with 505 Games to develop a new action/RPG, currently titled Indivisible.

Indivisible is inspired by classics like Valkyrie Profile and Super Metroid, but with the unique character, world, and gameplay depth Lab Zero is known for.

Indivisible will be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam Windows / Mac / Linux. The final product will support the English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Russian languages.

Indivisible is a side-scrolling RPG in the vein of Valkyrie Profile, spanning a huge fantasy world inspired by our own world’s various cultures and mythologies.

Players will navigate beautiful environments using a variety of different traversal abilities, and engage monsters in fast-paced combat.

For Indivisible, Lab Zero has once again partnered with a legendary Japanese game music composer: Hiroki Kikuta.

If you don’t recognize the name, Kikuta-san is responsible for the amazing soundtracks to Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2), Soukaigi, and Koudelka, among others.

Samples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKcx0oWbdbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAOihikWqA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvkYP-ejCs

The total budget for Indivisible is $3,500,000.

If we raise our goal of $1,500,000 or more, 505 Games will provide the remaining $2,000,000 we need to complete the game. So, effectively, up to the initial goal your contribution is worth more than double.

And the more we raise beyond the initial goal, the better the game gets and the better the publishing arrangement with 505 gets for Lab Zero.

To be clear, this is not a campaign to “gauge interest” – Indivisible’s budget represents a more equitable funding split, where your support directly influences not only the game, but also the post-release benefits Lab Zero receives.

Indivisible will not happen if we don’t hit our goal. But should the campaign succeed, Lab Zero will have a better outcome than we would’ve gotten through a more traditional publishing deal – that’s the risk we took, and we feel it’s a worthwhile tradeoff.

Additionally, this represents the complete budget for our entire vision of Indivisible. If we are lucky enough to be in that situation, we will not be adding additional gameplay content to the core game as stretch goals As such, all additional content funded through stretch goals will be released in post-release updates.

lg1bmfenxre3ycgclwph.jpg

mv3jgyzgftxylljhpzxp.png

gsl1ywhwxmue8wlgk9re.png

oeotncdi6fjvvx8iv963.png

Edited by Athena Cykes
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not gonna lie, the biggest turn off for me about this game is the combat, from the videos it looked pretty boring...

BUT, there is the prototype version that I downloaded yesterday and I used to think the same about Xenoblade Chronicles (spoilers: I don't think like that anymore) so I'll give this a try as soon as I can and see how hype it truly is. o/

BTW, the link to the demo is wrong, but you can find it in the downloads section of the game's site.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Sterling has posted a Let's Play of the Indivisible demo:

I have to say that I'm tempted to back this myself. Fighting games aren't really my thing, so I only played the demo of Skullgirls. I'm not so into turn-based RPGs either, but if they mix things up a bit like this, then I can be persuaded to jump in. Not to mention that the character designs and animation are so lovely.

• 3 weeks later...

If anything, I hope they meet their goal so they can keep their jobs. Though unless they get an uptick in the last few days it doesn't look promising.

Those worried that the game would end without being funded can put your fears to rest for the moment, Lab Zero secured an extension on the funding campaign for another month. So the game's funding campaign now it has more time to reach their desired goal.

When the initial deadline neared to a close funding the pace for donations quickly spiked, the game has now reached over $900,000 in funding. If they can keep the momentum up throughout the next month it should surely reach its goal.

And since it reached that goal, a new incarnation was revealed: Lanshi.

hc4kl08rkcxmml4xflkd.jpg

From the website:

"Lanshi is a dog, which can only mean one thing: reincarnation as an animal, resulting from his ignorant ways in a past life.

Captured as a pup, Lanshi was mercilessly abused by his new owner, who hoped to turn the massive beast into a vicious guard dog. But throughout years of mistreatment, he somehow remained friendly and obedient. Eventually dismissed as useless, Lanshi was abandoned one winter morning to wander the desolate mountains alone. He now lives a lazy life taking frequent naps under the sun, and survives on scraps provided by the adoring townspeople of his new domain, challenged by none.

Of all the questions surrounding him, the most mysterious is how this seemingly docile dog possesses the Vajra, a powerful relic that allows him to conjure and manipulate lightning when threatened. Karma works in mysterious ways - perhaps the artifact is somehow connected to Lanshi's previous misdeeds.
"