Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

Why do you need a DLC-free version? The included Nights level hasn't jacked up the price or anything. You've gotten ever so slightly more at no extra cost.

Why would you not want the DLC included?

Aahh, really sorry, I wanted to write DRM-free version! How embarassing.. sorry. xD

I'm downloading the game rn, I'll probably take a screencap at the options (don't worry!)

I don't believe I've ever played a game where you can turn off the "grass" effects.

:/

• Thumbs Up 6

From @Margolis64 on Twitter:

I smell a GOTY contender! Undertale, better watch out! Sonic Lost Steam ain't pulling any punches!

Edited by Soni

Don't you guys remember that Tumblr post? Some people don't have grass. Sega doesn't want to seem so entitled and prejudiced against people without grass, hence the option to turn it off.

why on earth is there an option to turn off grass

• Thumbs Up 5

It's a hell lot better than what Generations had, which was basically nothing at all. And hell, it looks like the game has Depth of Field, which was completely missing in the Wii U version of the game.

Or you can tell us now because some people don't have the money nor have a gaming PC :V

If only Steam Refunds were a thing.

why on earth is there an option to turn off grass

Because your car insurance is more if you park on grass.

That is why Sonic is in a car and why he sells insurance, it's all part of the plan.

• Thumbs Up 6

So someone who is curious about a simple matter should go through the bother of buying the game, looking at the options, then refunding the game as opposed to coming to a discussion topic about the title and asking a simple question? Why should we have a topic about this port at all if the attitude is just to buy it ourselves and see? 

Moaning about not having a good enough PC is such a non issue in itself since both GOG and Steam offer refunds. 

Also did people really expect that there wouldn't be screens of the options menu within the first hour?

Edit: See's the above edit. Holy fucking shit lol! Seriously you got involved into a discussion with another person after you posted a screen of the options and you want to leave the forum over something which didn't concern you? 

Nevermind, the launch trailer is already on the last page.

Edited by Patron Night

HAHAHA oh my God, that is hilariously xD They should've added more options like turn off clouds or water. Perhaps turn off the Deadly Six? hahaha

Weird, none of the achievements are dropping for me. When do they drop, exactly?

Anyway, here are some screens of the game.

EE093C9285D536D00BC4BCB566B882544CB3AAAB

431632E3CAFE3549CF50AD34F175B6904C8985EF

D84446D8A68FA735626C183D08C0EF9B37B6F871\80FD47F44AF7D506B5E1CAB3AD49590D6BBE7D5C\E8E35D5DF25291FECDBD9DB627234CA1103F4598

For some reason, the resolution options for me are all jacked up. Everything is stretched really far making the menu look like utter crap (And the game to be a bit pixelated), is anyone else having this problem? Screenshots are high-quality due to Steam normally not taking screenshots to your resolution.

• Thumbs Up 2

In terms of AA and stuff, it can probably be forced through Nvidia Inspector or something. Ooh, if I get my hands on this I'm heading back into ambient occlusion hell...

Weird, none of the achievements are dropping for me. When do they drop, exactly?

Anyway, here are some screens of the game.

EE093C9285D536D00BC4BCB566B882544CB3AAAB

431632E3CAFE3549CF50AD34F175B6904C8985EF

Hidden Content

For some reason, the resolution options for me are all jacked up. Everything is stretched really far making the menu look like utter crap (And the game to be a bit pixelated), is anyone else having this problem? Screenshots are high-quality due to Steam normally not taking screenshots to your resolution.

Try picking a resolution that's higher than your monitor, that'll fix the pixelation issue.

Game is currently -20% on getgamesgo.com

I have to wait until Wednesday before I can buy the game but hopefully that service works on Finland because the $23.99 offer would be even better for European because normally we (at least in Eurozone) have to pay more for games.

Well I just went through Windy Hill Zone and I have to say, "The game is much better optimized than Generations. I'm getting locked 60 fps at 1024 X 768 at full screen minus grass and shadows. Depth of field doesn't affect performance, but I don't like the blue it creates. Did I mention I'm on Intel hd 4400 graphics.

Oh and the game took about 15 minutes for me to download.

Edited by Da Blu Hedgie

Welp, I discovered the answer to my achievements question.

All of the achievements are mostly Missions that you'll randomly get, so have fun with that.

Anyway, the port is fine so far except for this weird ass bug:

E943BD19612FB2B862D540CE843579A281F07E44

• Thumbs Up 2

Would it be worth selling my Wii U copy now towards Xenoblade Chronicles X and just get the PC version then

Would it be worth selling my Wii U copy now towards Xenoblade Chronicles X and just get the PC version then

Unless you really want those Nintendo levels  you're really losing nothing and have everything to gain from the mod community. You might as well really.

Edited by LiamTheAnimator
  • Thumbs Up 2