Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

Th-The what now? Sonic's skin turns peach?

Ok, so I don't know how I did it, but I pulled this off during the part on Saturday and I had a witness to it who may or may not confirm it on here.

What happened is I was in the first/second level (can't quite remember, but I want to say 2nd level), running with Sonic, then I stopped, Sonic stopped and was facing 'left' Sonic was completely stationary, then he started to all of a sudden slide backwards along a flat horizontal surface as if he were doing the moonwalk or on ice.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ok, so I don't know how you did it, but I pulled this off during the part on Saturday and I had a witness to it who may or may not confirm it on here.

What happened is I was in the first/second level (can't quite remember, but I want to say 2nd level), running with Sonic, then I stopped, Sonic stopped and was facing 'left' Sonic was completely stationary, then he started to all of a sudden slide backwards along a flat horizontal surface as if he were doing the moonwalk or on ice.

I'm no programmer but that sounds like a bug with how the game's detecting directional input, or rather the lack of. I remember Sonic 4 PC did a similarly weird thing where Sonic would slide around if you held right and left together.

Unless you really want those Nintendo levels  you're really losing nothing and have everything to gain from the mod community. You might as well really.

So, basically the PC Port is good and doesn't have any huge game-breaking bugs?

It's nice to hear that that this port is at least decent.

Now I'll just sit and wait for the mod that mutes those annoying voices you hear on every second and fourth zone. Or maybe I'll just do it myself.

Also I wonder if you get an actual award this time around for completing all 100 missions, or if they just decided to patch that message out.

• Thumbs Up 2

Turns out I'm having some problems on my end.

http://postimg.org/image/aa8hh65q7/ (for some reason the image won't embed properly).

I've just booted the game up and begun Windy Hill 1. Immediately Sonic is stuck in his T-Pose including his eyelids being shut. I can slide him around like this but trying to run or spindash crashes the game. The Motobugs are just outright spinning on the spot which I'll admit is pretty funny.

I'm going to try and see if it has anything to do with the Dualshock 4 but the fact that even the Motobugs are freaking out has me puzzled.

EDIT: Just tried it with only the keyboard and the controller completely unplugged and got the same result. If I can't get it working then I'm probably going to have to refund it for the time being.

Edited by LiamTheAnimator

It's nice to hear that that this port is at least decent.

Now I'll just sit and wait for the mod that mutes those annoying voices you hear on every second and fourth zone. Or maybe I'll just do it myself.

Also I wonder if you get an actual award this time around for completing all 100 missions, or if they just decided to patch that message out.

Since the missions are all achievements I suppose the only real thing you'll probably get is 100% achievement completion on Steam

not a problem for me, these missions are fairly easy

Tried playing the game but the framerate is painfully slow. It's virtually unplayable. My laptop should be able to handle it. Suggestions?

Apparently according to the thread on Retro, the game doesn't work with Optimus. Which is fucking annoying, especially since Lost World seems to tie game logic with frame rate... Which wasn't a problem at all in either Generations or Unleashed, and gives further evidence that this game wasn't ever meant to be on PC.

• Thumbs Up 1

As it turns out, eventhough I have the specs to run it on max settings, it plays at like 20fps on my laptop :( Even playing windowed in the lowest resolution with everything turned off, it still runs at locked 20fps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just noticed one of the Achievements is called "Spin and Win Time". You know what that means...

JALEEL-WHITE!SONIC IS CANON

• Thumbs Up 3

Bit late but nobody posted.

System Requirements
MINIMUM: 
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 (2x2.0GHz) or AMD equivalent 
Memory: 2 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 (512MB) / ATI Radeon HD 2900 (512MB) 
DirectX: Version 9.0c 
Hard Drive: 8 GB available space 
Sound Card: Sound: 9.0c compatible. 
Additional Notes: Memory: 2GB RAM (XP)/3GB RAM (Windows 7 / Vista)

RECOMMENDED: 
Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.66 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.0 GHz 
Memory: 3 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1GB) / ATI Radeon HD 5850 (1GB) 

Is it just me? Or are there literally NO critic reviews for Sonic Lost World on PC?

Give it awhile. I'm sure Totalbiscuit will do a port report.

Bit late but nobody posted.

System Requirements
MINIMUM: 
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 (2x2.0GHz) or AMD equivalent 
Memory: 2 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 (512MB) / ATI Radeon HD 2900 (512MB) 
Additional Notes: Memory: 2GB RAM (XP)/3GB RAM (Windows 7 / Vista)

RECOMMENDED: 
Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.66 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.0 GHz 
Memory: 3 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1GB) / ATI Radeon HD 5850 (1GB) 

That's been on the Steam page for awhile, and is almost identical to the spec list on both Generations and Tales. Basically, it'll take a mid-range PC from 5 years ago to run this competently.

Put together a graphics comparison for anyone who is wondering how it may look on their computer:

Here it is on low settings (grass and shadows turned off):

Hidden Content

Here is is on highest settings (grass and shadows turned on):

Hidden Content

A pretty substantial improvement over Wii U if I say so myself.

"and shadows"

it took me a second

Speaking of I can't WAIT for someone to mod Shadow in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does he still boycott SEGA stuff?

I doubt it. Considering that was a strange, out of character moment for SEGA to begin with.

For those who have the game, what OS are you running it on? Klonoa seems to be the only one who has it running decently. I assume Windows 10 might be causing problems? Sonic Adventure DX on Steam gave me problems on Windows 10, and I'm just running this off assumptions for Lost World. The recommended specs do seem to mention Windows 7 only as well... 

• Thumbs Up 2

Put together a graphics comparison for anyone who is wondering how it may look on their computer:

Here it is on low settings (grass and shadows turned off):

Hidden Content

Here is is on highest settings (grass and shadows turned on):

Hidden Content

Oh my god! That comparison was beautiful!

I have yet to buy this game, no matter how much I want to. And even with the problems I see on here, I still wanna give it a shot.

For those who have the game, what OS are you running it on? Klonoa seems to be the only one who has it running decently. I assume Windows 10 might be causing problems? Sonic Adventure DX on Steam gave me problems on Windows 10, and I'm just running this off assumptions for Lost World. The recommended specs do seem to mention Windows 7 only as well... 

I'm running it on Windows 10 and it is fine, 3 zones completed and haven't noticed any problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Sonic Lost World is taking a long time to download, change your steam download server to Japan.

Mine just went from 20 hours to 20min.