Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

It's weird for sure, I see people on the Steam discussion saying that they are having the same issues, but some of them don't. Hopefully SEGA will fix that, they are surprisely active.

So, I got 100% on the game today. My opinion has changed from "I don't want to ever play this again" to "It's an alright game". Looking back, I think I was very negative on it because it was the game after Generations. We were waiting so long and this came out. Everything was so different. But now going back, it's ok. It's not an awful game, but it is very gimmicky, which turns down the replay value for me a lot. I probably won't go back to it anytime soon though, unless some level mods come out. 

We've already got a Shadow replacement mod?

I'll be looking forward to the upcoming enhanced grass mod.

Got my laptop, the game runs Generations flawlessly at 1080p with no hiccups, I'll have to see how it is with this game. Still not entirely sure if I really want it, or I'm just getting it for the vague hope that SEGA is going to finally release Unleashed on the PC.

Downloading it but it's taking forever.=/

I have no idea if this will run on my computer. My computer seems to run everything else so hopefully it does. If not I don't mind having paid a bit of money to support sega anyway since I do want to see other sonic games. I can always get a better computer down the track. Hopefully that's not the case though.

I already have the game on WiiU so it's not a big deal. It's just I have alot of other sonic games like generation on my computer so I might aswell have lost worlds aswell.

Sorry to double post but this is too grand, what happens when you play Lost World on a laptop from 2008? well...

Rom Lim Sonic returns with ocular vengeance!!

Oh wow.

I can't stop laughing at sonic's eyes. XD

Sorry to double post but this is too grand, what happens when you play Lost World on a laptop from 2008? well...

Rom Lim Sonic returns with ocular vengeance!!

This, my friends, is why "future proofing" your PC is a load of bullshit. PC's have legendary backwards compatibility with 30 years of software available, but forwards compatibility is something that is never certain. Hilarious stuff though.

This, my friends, is why "future proofing" your PC is a load of bullshit. PC's have legendary backwards compatibility with 30 years of software available, but forwards compatibility is something that is never certain. Hilarious stuff though.

Nope, if it runs Crysis then it can run anything in the expanses of time.

JoeTE, creator of the already fabulous Metal Sonic Generations, is starting a Metal Sonic Lost World repalcement mod:

Seeing this just makes me wish Sega would bring back Metal Sonic as an unlockable skin again like in the Adventure games.

Just an interesting find: In the game's files, Windy Hill 2's music is broken down into two channels, and I think it's the one track that does this in the whole game. Oh and Hidden Zone 1 has 6 tracks of varying speed and 1 final 'wind-down' track.

Edited by Faseeh
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've got the game running with difficulty. Had some horrible slow down.=/

I managed to reduce the slow down for the most part but the first level on my computer still isn't at the same speed as my wiiU copy which annoys me because I actually love the first level.............

Oh well at least I have the wiiU copy so I can always go back to that and play it on there.

Everything else seems to be okay though so far. Hopefully there's no more slow down. I need a new PC one day.

I have to be the weirdo and actually prefer the WiiU controller. I guess because the wiiU was the first one I played so it's taking a bit of time adjusting to the 360 controller I have hooked to my PC.=/

It's great playing it on my PC though even with the few issues here and there.

Haha wow that mod! I can't believe all the 'fun' people are having with the PC Port XD
I started replaying my Wii U copy, then quickly realised how confusing the controls are. It's making more sense but the homing lock on target is terrible. Is it accurate in the PC version?

Edited by SuperAj3

"WATCHING HIM RUN IS MAKING ME HUNGRY"

h-holy crap

I am both highly amused and highly uncomfortable.

"WOW, YOU'RE BARELY A SNACK!" Says a lot about Zomom, doesn't it?

And did you notice "Sonic's" jump animation... ouch. 

Edited by McGroose
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uh yeah ignoring the dong joke mod for something actually cool here.

Dark Sonic of Retro made a no boss mod of Lost World!

[b]Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six Edition[/b]

Click below for the readme information:

[spoiler]This hack aims to remove all the deadly six boss fights from the game. This initial release gets close, but due to some errors in Sonic Glvl, I wasn't able to remove all the bosses. There may be bugs in this version, if so, let me know and I'll attempt to fix them, but I've tested all the levels and they can be beaten.

I plan to include all these changes in a future hack that will fix other things in the game. Here's a list of some of the things I hope to accomplish:

- Remove the multitude of opening splash screens

- Alter Sonic and Super Sonic's speeds in 2D areas

- Remove unnecessary springs, dash panels, and camera angles

- Remove the Super Sonic restrictions in auto run areas

- Replace the Extra World's acts 1 and 4 with the bonus levels from Worlds 3 and 6

- Replace the small egg capsules with in level item monitors and additional wisp powerups

- Add/Remove enemies and obstacles for difficulty balancing

- Remove the animal gates

- Try to reimplement the animal rewards from the Wii U version but have the game reward items instead of RCs

This version will still be supported and updated though for those who would like to play the closest to the original game

Install instructions:

- This hack works with the SLW Mod Loader v 1.4 (I'm sure it'll pop up on google). Create a Mod folder in the root Sonic Lost World folder and then place this file in the folder. Then just check that folder name off when you use the Mod Loader

Ver. 0.9 Changes

- All of the deadly six bosses have been removed with the exception of Silent Forest Act 4

- Loading this level in Sonic Glvl causes the warp gates to be deleted randomly. Thankfully this boss takes 2 seconds to beat

- Some rings have been removed towards the end of Frozen Factory Act 2

- Some checkpoints and items towards the end of boss acts have been removed due to redundancy

- Some goal rings have been placed before boss battles, as they existed in an area that had to be warped to. It would break the flow to warp to a section only to finish a level, so I just removed the warps and added a goal ring instead

- Lava Mountain Act 1 has a new objective. In this act you'll now dodge falling rocks with no rings for 60 seconds. Once 60 seconds has passed you win. As such I have disabled time attack for this level

- The Owl Search light in Silent Forest Act 2 has been deleted

NOTE:

- The deadly six voice triggers have not been removed completely, however the PC version has an option to disable voices. All that option does is literally shut up the deadly six in level, nothing else. Just turn that down to 0

- Some objects may have been slightly displaced due to some glitches in Sonic Glvl. All the changed acts are completable though

- I have not tested these levels with the warp item yet. Let me know if something odd happens as a result of warping

- I'm not sure if the change in Lava Mountain Act 1 would cause the story to not progress. If it does, disable the mod and beat the stage as you normally would

- While there's nothing stopping you, lets try to keep some integrity and not play these acts in time trial mode. No need to cheap out the leaderboards (Exception being Frozen Factory Act 2, because shame on them for putting a boss in that level)

[/spoiler]

And here is the download:

https://mega.nz/#!q5lGVRSI!HQPfsIqdiHAiPhUxb4JIgI8wxtRxB3vdzuhQwrOYYd8

Let me know if there are any problems or glitches that should be fixed. This mod is compatible with any existing character mods as well, so feel free to use Classic Sonic (I know I do). Once Sonic Glvl is more compatible with Lost World I'll be sure to continue refining this version, but for now I hope everyone enjoys this hack. If you want to use this hack as a base or would like to spread it around feel free (Actually I'd love if this was spread around a bit as I don't have a youtube following or anything) just give credit where credit is due. And wow, it took 9 years but I finally finished something I set out to do around here.

Oh and here are videos of the mod:

Apologies for the ass recordings, I'm new to recording things.

• Thumbs Up 5

Ooh man this is going to be one interesting mod, liking a lot of the changes I see here (except for the one for silent forest act 2 as I feel like the searchlight adds an extra level of challenge to both speed running and running the level normally that can't be achieved without it), really can't wait to get this now.

I don't mind the bosses (hell, if anything, I'd rather see them altered so they take more hits since my only issue with most of them is how quickly you can beat them), so I'll just wait for this stuff...

- Alter Sonic and Super Sonic's speeds in 2D areas

- Remove unnecessary springs, dash panels, and camera angles

- Remove the Super Sonic restrictions in auto run areas

- Replace the Extra World's acts 1 and 4 with the bonus levels from Worlds 3 and 6

- Replace the small egg capsules with in level item monitors and additional wisp powerups

- Add/Remove enemies and obstacles for difficulty balancing

- Remove the animal gates

- Try to reimplement the animal rewards from the Wii U version but have the game reward items instead of RCs

...because that all sounds pretty great to me. Hopefully it all works out.

I mean I still don't have this version of the game anyway, but I'm keeping an eye on this stuff.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh and update on the Nintendo DLC front from Twlightzoney:

I've been working on porting the DLC just have to hope Paraxade will have time to rip the other templates to resave them to PC for later on. Otherwise their are a few files that have to be figured out before they can be ported to the PC version.

[...]

Yes all nintendo objects are they even left and converted the enemy models from those levels in the main cpk. Dunno why they put them in there though. Only supports it.

In non-techno babble it means whomever did this port did it after the Nintendo DLC was released thus everything we need to port them is already there more/less. its coming!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another front, Xanvier made some HQ shots of Ron Lim Sonic running on his 2008 laptop, this monster is terrifying in HQ:

I didn't really even make those screenshots for Retro in the first place, but since you asked for higher quality shots, here they are:

19945ae287.png

7022180280.png

%7Boption%7D

http://puu.sh/ldRLV/f3c9d67bf9.png

6775ca67db.png

a653870177.png

1d05674110.png

As for a video, I can't really do it at the moment as my upload speeds aren't good at all. Also, it's tough to play with broken graphics, there's invisible stuff all over the place.