Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

Lost World is okay enough and if more fans get to experience it, all the better. Plus, the mods! I'm really eager to see what some talented fans could do with the parkour gameplay.

But still, this move is just so...random. Like, why Lost World, and what happend to the Nintendo deal? Pretty strange, but oh well xP

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty content with SLW coming to Steam, just as I'm half surprised.

I mean, it is pretty damn unexpected for it come to PC right out of the blue, but man I can't wait for the modding to come.

It's probably not gonna happen for various reasons, but it would be cool if they put Unleashed on Steam too. Not really expecting it, especially since I think they delisted the game years ago, but who knows. Can't really think of any other Sonic games not already on Steam that I'd want them to throw on there; as far as the main series goes at least, they have almost everything covered.

Edited by Celestia

Don't pre-purchase the game yet if you don't live in the UK.

According to the press release the price in Europe should be €22.99, and the price in the US should be $24.99. Right now it's €29.99 in Europe and $29.99 in the US, so the price will likely be lowered soon.

The price is fine if you live in the UK though. There it's £19.99 like it's supposed to be.

Edited by TimmiT

I guess this means that SEGA have no intention of delisting Lost World. It's interesting to see them keep a straight face about it and just keep it out there rather than sweeping it under the rug. 

I guess this means that SEGA have no intention of delisting Lost World. It's interesting to see them keep a straight face about it and just keep it out there rather than sweeping it under the rug. 

The game wasn't actually panned much at all outside the fanbase so there's no reason for them to delist it.

• Thumbs Up 5

So, uh, this came out of nowhere, but I'm pretty worried considering the developer is listed as Sonic Team. Remember, Generations was ported by Devil's Details, so this is ST's first PC port. It.....might not be good. I'm optimistic, especially since I would have an excuse to rebuy and play LW with a new control style, but still.

The game wasn't actually panned much at all outside the fanbase so there's no reason for them to delist it.

It wasn't really panned, but most critics more or less regard it as "Ehhh, nothing especially terrible, but certainly not good either". The ratings were mixed. On another note, leave it up to Sega to still somehow fuck up the pricing of the game. Even when it's simply a port job they managed to fuck up an aspect right out of the gate.

all I ask is

1.sega they do a proper game port unlike batman arkham glitch did this year

2.someone mod it so that giant zavok's model is replaced with bowser

3.i want to play as a box via mods ....also as zomom's sandwich because reasons :P

otherwise i'll be a happy camper and will likely buy it for pc because I haven't bothered to get the wii u version yet also then I get allstars racing transformed for free

I guess this means the Nintendo exclusive deal is not only at an end, but was a timed exclusive as well. Of course, you know what this means....SONIC BOOM: RISE OF LYRIC CAN COME TO STEA-"shot".

Seriously though, all I want is Colors.

• Thumbs Up 4

i always hated the idea of mods...

But i have no problem with them if they are like making the super form staying longer in generations

I can finally utter trash this shitty ass game make an objective and completely neutral review about the game's quality.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess this means the Nintendo exclusive deal is not only at an end, but was a timed exclusive as well. Of course, you know what this means....SONIC BOOM: RISE OF LYRIC CAN COME TO STEA-"shot".

Seriously though, all I want is Colors.

Honestly, I'd take a Remastered Trilogy for Steam/PS4/Xbox One/Wii U, and remaster Unleashed, Colours, and Generations for all of them. That's literally the only games I want remastered, with maybe the Adventure games as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

saw the system requierements, I don´t think my pc won´t be able to run it properly

oh well ;__;

Edited by Ristar

A mod which takes away all the stupid automation springs and boosters automatically makes this port worthwhile in my eyes, as lots of slope-based platforming was hidden behind them.

Also can't wait to see the mods for this thing, since the levels will be structured completely different to how the boost mods were.

Well... This is surprising...For me it came out of nowhere... And I wanted to but an electric guitar... Oh well... My wallet is yours, Sega... I always wanted to play the HD version of Lost World... And this gives me an excuse to not buy a Wii U for 3 months more ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

It depends on the flexibility of the game. Worst case scenario this game is like the Saints Row games and the modding community will be nonexistent because of how difficult it is to modify in-game files. I'm hoping Sonic Team has seen the popularity of Generations PC escalate because of it's more modular freedom, the ability to modify this game to a certain extent could seriously make this a worthwhile purchase for me

I go to school for a couple hours, and this happens.

This is a surprise! Can't wait to see what kinds of mods will be made with this game!

• Thumbs Up 4

I honestly didn't hate this game.... I just wished I can mod out the whole... -hold down a trigger to run- but im tempted to get this in november for sure. 

I'm pretty sure I'd want a mod to remove the hold trigger to run as well, but then that could cause problems for the parkour system.

£20 seems good enough for me, though I'm not likely to prepurchase as I already have All Stars Transformed. Added to my wishlist, yeah.

Press release. The Steam release does come with the Nightmare DLC which makes sense because SEGA owns NiGHTS and not Yoshi or Link.

[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]

LOS ANGELES & LONDON, October 6th – SEGA Europe Ltd and SEGA of America are pleased to announce that Sonic Lost World™ will be available for PC as a digital download from November 2 nd with a fantastic pre-order incentive going live from today. Users who pre-order Sonic Lost World from participating digital retailers will receive Sonic and All Star Racing Transformed absolutely free.

Originally released for Wii U in 2013, the PC port of Sonic Lost World will feature full controller support, Steam Achievements, Cloud Save, leaderboard functionality, interchangeable keyboard prompts depending on whether you play with controller or mouse and keyboard and widescreen and high resolution implementation. More importantly though, it will feature the Nightmare DLC and the whole package will cost just £19.99/$24.99/€22.99?

Sonic Lost World sees Dr. Eggman harnessing the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six, but when the Deadly Six rise up against their master, Sonic has to unite with his arch nemesis in order to take on the new enemies head-to-head.  Using his dynamic new parkour moves and improved Colour Powers, Sonic must run, jump and race through a variety of ever changing terrains in order to defeat the Deadly Six.

“We’re delighted to be able to bring Sonic Lost World to PC.” Said John Clark, VP of Commercial Publishing for SEGA Europe; “This is the latest in a string of high quality PC ports of past SEGA titles that we will be building on in the coming months and years.”

For more information regarding Sonic Lost World, log on to http://www.sega.com/ or follow the Blue Blur himself on Twitter – https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog and Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Sonic

Did not expect this, but hey, I'm gettin' it. I've been wanting to play it.

And I did not expect this in the least, and thought it was a joke. I was sure it was Wii U exclusive?

Sonic Lost World on Steam is overall a good idea, but mediocre as the title is it’s a shame there’s no longer a definitive version of it, since while on one hand this version won’t have shittily implimented gamepad controls for the Wisps and modding capabilities, it will also be lacking at least two of the DLC stages, which were fun levels for sure.

Overdramatic much.  If SEGA delisted every Sonic game with a mediocre or worse reception there'd be about 4 Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 3

Odd that this didn't get a wider announcement, but if this means it'll be easier to port SLW's models and animations into Generations then I'm all for it.

“We’re delighted to be able to bring Sonic Lost World to PC.” Said John Clark, VP of Commercial Publishing for SEGA Europe; “This is the latest in a string of high quality PC ports of past SEGA titles that we will be building on in the coming months and years.”

Please let one of these potential releases be Jet Set Radio Future. PLEASE SEGA. FOR ONCE GIVE ME A REASON TO THROW MONEY AT YOU.

• Thumbs Up 9

They really weren't kidding with that PR stuff, huh?

First, the delay of Fire and Ice and now, Lost World's on Steam!

For what it seems to be a pretty lackluster year for the series, it sure did provide a lot of curveballs at us that we didn't expect.

For how unexpected this is, I am more than happy to see this fine game along the Sonic Steam library. Will I buy it myself? Eh, already got it on my Wii U so not really but I do hope to see many people try the game out for the first time and hopefully enjoy it for what it is.

And of course, the mod potential is certainly exciting to see and the fact more past SEGA games might come to Steam as well! This might be a really cool thing to see!