Awoo.

The Sonic Stadium's 15th Anniversary!!! [24 OCT 2015]

Dreadknux

Congratulations! I'm really new here (a few months), but I seem to have stumbled upon a pretty longstanding community! It's awesome you've been around for 15 years!

• Thumbs Up 3

I've been on SSMB for nearly every day of my life since 2006, barring a year of military school...

Happy 15th birthday you beautiful blue-checkerboarded time vampire. <3

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, I've been on this site for a good third of its existence, and that's not even counting all the years I browsed the front page without even knowing what a forum was.

Happy Birthday, TSS. I've made some great friends here.

Here's to another 15 years!

Been a stalker of TSS since 2007. A member of SSMB since 2010. A writer for the site since 2014. Happy birthday TSS!

Also, thanks to Azoo for helping me out on the visual side of things. Hope y'all like it.

• Thumbs Up 8

Been a stalker of TSS since 2007. A member of SSMB since 2010. A writer for the site since 2014. Happy birthday TSS!

Also, thanks to Azoo for helping me out on the visual side of things. Hope y'all like it.

It's pretty awesome looking, love the logo! 

But I feel it's missing one thing.

but i'm not sure what though?

• Thumbs Up 1

I really like the new banner! OVA Knuckles is a really nice touch, and the logo's cool too! Great job to the people who worked on it!

Congratulations!

It speaks a lot to the determination of you and your staff for having kept the site active and up and running for a decade and a half. Here's hoping for another 15 years! :)

...granted, I don't really wanna think about Sonic's 40th anniversary, myself. :P

• Thumbs Up 6

Happy 15th, Sonic Stadium! It's hard to believe it's been 15 years already! Being an oldbie, I've met some great people here and have been through the various events that have taken place here as well. 

Ok.... so.... not sure if I should post this or not...

I was digging around in my email inbox and found an old email from 'Dreadknux' dated 18th January 2005 which has the title. 

SSMB One-Off Notice: Back On Form, Baby! Re-Opening of Registrations, and OIT! :D ( From =SSMB= )‏

Oh man reading this back, here are some highlights.

"There has been some recent drama of the SSMB "going down": let me assure you this is not the case. The only thing that was wrong with 2004 was the entire year. Before January 2004"

"Then we had that server crash"

"the rest of that year was only spent rebuilding the community "

There's a bunch of other stuff too, not sure if I should post without Dreads blessing.

But what makes me laugh....

2004, bit of drama... a server crash... rebuilding the community.

Skip ahead 10 years.

2014... bit of drama (Sonic Boom)... a server crash.... rebuilding the community.... 

And still we wait for the smash cards!

• Thumbs Up 5

Ok.... so.... not sure if I should post this or not...

I was digging around in my email inbox and found an old email from 'Dreadknux' dated 18th January 2005 which has the title. 

SSMB One-Off Notice: Back On Form, Baby! Re-Opening of Registrations, and OIT! :D ( From =SSMB= )‏

Oh man reading this back, here are some highlights.

"There has been some recent drama of the SSMB "going down": let me assure you this is not the case. The only thing that was wrong with 2004 was the entire year. Before January 2004"

"Then we had that server crash"

"the rest of that year was only spent rebuilding the community "

There's a bunch of other stuff too, not sure if I should post without Dreads blessing.

But what makes me laugh....

2004, bit of drama... a server crash... rebuilding the community.

Skip ahead 10 years.

2014... bit of drama (Sonic Boom)... a server crash.... rebuilding the community.... 

And still we wait for the smash cards!

It kinda reminds me like all of those old stories. The ones that are always about the hero saving the princess, and the good guy always winning, it's always the same. Yet I love it. And I love that SSMB can literally take all of this and keep treading forward. :D

Come with me, will ya? We gotta get ready for the next ten years, in which the servers will probably crash again.

• Thumbs Up 4

TSS... my old internet stomping grounds, about 10 years ago. Back in what I call the Wild West of the internet... hah! Formative years of my teenage life were spent with the best of friends made here. I always look back fondly upon those memories, the good and the bad, and keep close to TSS for my ongoing Sonic news. Thanks for being a large part of my life TSS, and SSMB. Happy 15th!

Alright, being serious, I'm gonna take a moment to go through some of the highlights of my time on SSMB so far to celebrate the 15th anniversary....again despite only being here a year and a half at most :P.

-Movie Night. @Felix @Galabance I gotta tell ya man, Massive thanks for starting this and inviting me back when you were watching Phantom Menace. Although I had to skip Phantom Menace, I've had an absolute blast since I began watching movies with you and SSMB. It's been one of the most awesome experiences around here, and honestly, it's one of the big places I've made friends on SSMB because of how much fun we all have making jokes on good movies and bad movies. As for you Galabance, you've made it really enjoyable to be at Movie Night :D

P.S: Hurry Up and show Shark Tale.

-SSMB Game Night: @Felix @Mae @Fredbear-Metallix @Rucdose @Ruccy @Strickerx5 and anyone I may have forgotten. I just want to thank you guys, and every single person who has participated in Game Night so far. Game Night was an idea I wanted to get off the ground for so long, and I thought it'd would be near impossible because of the awkward setup and time differences, but with all of your help, we pulled it off, and I'm so happy about it. I'm happy this idea of mine finally got off the ground, and I'm extremely happy that we managed to allow SSMBers to have so much fun with each other. 

If you've been a regular at Game Night, or only participated once or twice, or just stopped by for the tourneys, I want to thank you, because it was a great time playing with you guys. We had low points admittedly, but with the help of all Game Night staffers, we've hopefully provided a great event for you all. 

And if you haven't participated yet, you'll get another chance soon enough, because we're planning a little something for Halloween #tease #revival 

-30 Days of Sonic 2: @Dr. Crusher @Kiah Guys, I just want to give my thanks again for holding this event for SSMB. You guys were going through some tough things as was SSMB since it was around a really toxic period, but you guys still delivered one great event, and one I was happy to be apart of. 

-Motobug: @The Deleter @Failinhearts Again, something that I was just happy to be apart of, and was so glad I was able to do streaming events for you guys!

-Mega Man Livestreams: @Spin Attaxx and anyone else who tuned into my livestreams. Again, thank you guys so much. It was so much fun going through all six Mega Man games...even if I more or less sucked on everything except Mega Man 2.

It was really fun watching the streams you held! Definitely a highlight. I should go over significant events as well, but I'll save that for the 24th!;)

• Thumbs Up 1

For me, Game Night was in particular a very frustrating but awesome experience to manage, and I for one am glad I jumped on board and helped Ryan make it a reality.

Things like youtube streaming with yall and the scale of the community was what convinced me to jump on ship with my Nikoback Youtube channel and later my meltingcomet.wordpress.com site, which is in fact about to have a published interview with a favorite artist of mine. Had I not join SSMB and really get warmed up to talking with others online and establishing good connections with many other gamers, I probably wouldn't had come so far. I'm almost as old as SSMB, and in fact I'm pretty sure that my dork ages won't be without SSMB being in it's age too. <3

I really just gotta thank everybody here tbh. I know when you guys first saw me I literally made the stupidest first status update ever (me complaining about MM Legends 3 lol) and in some cases I got ridiculously cynical (which I still am), but I've definitely changed since them. Here's to many more!

Edited by Mae
  • Thumbs Up 3

15 years huh? And I've been around for 10 of them.

Man, I feel almost as old as this place. Can't imagine how other members who were here before me feel...

It's amazing how much this place has matured tho. Happy (belated) 15th Birthday SSMB! Gonna stay with you until life pulls me away...or I get banned.

• Thumbs Up 1