Awoo.

Sonic Fan Thanksgiving 2015 in TJP

Woun

Umm. I wonder why they hold this festival..

Because they can ?

Also it's really obvious that this is the obligatory Christmas event theme parks must have.

Europe and Japan get their Sonic events, however small... the US is left to dry this year. :c

It will be interesting if they have anything to reveal.

Europe and Japan get their Sonic events, however small... the US is left to dry this year. :c

That's because Sega of America is a scrub at everything they're supposed to do, like marketing Tembo or finding their own spot and not moving into Atlus USA's office.

Edited by NoirSuede

Well... I think it's moreso there wasn't much to promote and SEGA America seems to be the more commercialized of the branches. Japan holding events is easy because they have a free venue and the bulk of the special guests are local. As for SEGA Europe, given they seem to be the ones doing all the PC ports, it's logical they'd hold a small promotional event.

I'll just hope for next year to bring something amazing so SEGA just bleeds event money from every branch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huge speculation on the part of the OP there!

No hints for any announcement at all on the site.

Didn't SoA have to deal with relocating their offices away from San Francisco this year?

Only time will tell if we'll get an announcement.

Yeah that is pretty much the point.

Just don't go jumping to exciting conclusions when there's nothing to go on. 

Huge speculation on the part of the OP there!

No hints for any announcement at all on the site.

This is my personal suggestion and there is no speculation, especially when it was thanksgiving in 2014, before the event was not mentioned on the site Joypolis about the announcement of the Sonic Runners game.

Maybe Iizuka and co will at least talk about the new direction they're planning on taking. After all, what else would they do there?

Not expecting actual new Sonic game footage until next year.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah that is pretty much the point.

Just don't go jumping to exciting conclusions when there's nothing to go on. 

What are you talking about, we never do that!

Man, seems like nothing ever come to where I am. And when Comicon finally came to Ohio it was about The Walking Dead and Star Wars. I'm not into that. But, maybe one day I'll be able to run at Sonic speeds to go wherever I want.

The best advice is to save a little from each paycheck so when an event announcement comes along, it's within reach to go. Now, not everybody has the capacity to put aside a lot of money, but if one can, that's definitely an option to pursue if these sorts of events are in one's interest.

Didn't SoA have to deal with relocating their offices away from San Francisco this year?

There is that, as well, yes.

But given Atlus wasn't having any issues setting up booths despite the instability within the company from the restructure, I really think the lack of anything to promote was the dealbreaker.

Sonic Boom is a PR event with the fanfare as a means to sweeten the pot. The official reasoning for charging for tickets is to garner headcount, which I don't doubt is a factor (my own event team found out the hard way that free tickets don't work out that well for counting attendance; 200 given out with only 50 showing up), but I can't help but feel that SEGA America puts a bit more emphasis on money than its European counterpart. Those tens of thousands of dollars from tickets go a long way.

It wouldn't make sense to spend the small fortune throwing an event between the labor issues from the restructuring and the lack of any real financial gain from it. Even with the tickets recouping a lot of the costs, Sonic Boom is in all likelihood still a net loss. This is fine if it serves the purpose of advertising a product to a thousand plus people. But if there's no product... it doesn't really make sense. Had there been some product to promote, I wouldn't be surprised if they had found a way to figure something out. If these events were break even or generated a small net profit and there not been a restructure, I wouldn't be surprised if they would have figured something out as well, even without something to promote, since the SEGA community team are awesome people like that.

But no product, a net loss, and staffing issues? It makes no business sense to hold one.

SEGA was quoting the restructure as the reason it wasn't present at E3, likewise, and while I don't doubt that was a contributing factor, it sure didn't get in their way of being at Licensing Expos. The real culprit for a lack of attendance at these events is no big products to make it worth the investment. Businesspeople are always thinking long-term (Sonic is a hot product with or without an annual release), so licensing expos are always a good idea to showcase at. Gamers and the like have short-term focuses, so it's illogical to go to or hold a convention without a game.

Intresting sense Thanksgiving we dont celebrate. haha

I wish i can go though

Given it's right after Christmas, I'm pondering if there's some sort of wrong word choice or something.

Edited by Noelgilvie
  • Thumbs Up 1

Given it's right after Christmas, I'm pondering if there's some sort of wrong word choice or something.

it also means "apperication fair" depend on how you use it but the main meaning of that word is "thanksgiving day".

its a apperication fair for the Sonic fans :)

Edited by Sonikku Miya
  • Thumbs Up 2

Regarding news, even if there was some, it will most likely be on another mobile title of some sort. SEGA reserves the really big announcements for the large conferences as far as I know. Smaller stuff like ports and mobile are something different, and very much something to promote at fan events; the fans are the first in line to grab such things.

Consider how SA2HD was confirmed at Sonic Boom, for example.

• 1 month later...

I'm hyped! Any Sonic news will be much appreciated at this point!

On another note, that merch looks sweet!

Nice tree. I've never seen one grow hedgehogs before.

CXMwuP6UEAQejqr.thumb.jpg.804f9637b24a0a

It's the tree at the event it's related hush <3

Edited by SSF1991
  • Thumbs Up 4

dat cosplay

CXMg8WkUEAAzxZI.jpg:large

A good sketch on background event

CXNbbYbU0AAKFWe.jpg:large

Deadly Six and Sticks coming to Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
Release on 3DS February 18

CXNcNdLUEAAAdt2.jpg:large

Edited by Woun
  • Thumbs Up 2

So Zazz isn't the only playable character? Huh.

Please tell me that the Deadly Six won't be the Sonic version of the Koopalings. I don't hate them or anything, but I'm worried that they'll just show up in games to take up spots in the roster that could've been used for more unique or wanted characters.