Awoo.

John Lewis Christmas Advert 2015

PickleBrows

It's that time of year again! Well, almost.

When Christmas is comin-a-knockin you can be sure John Lewis won't be far behind with their annual Christmas advert to make people feel all good inside and, hopefully, spend a few of their British pounds (hey, they're still a business afterall).

Following on from Monty the Penguin last year, John Lewis have just launched their Chistmas advert for 2015; "Man on the Moon".

I won't say anything about the actually story since these adverts are best seen blind the first time around.

I will say though, I think it's another winner this year. The core idea is a very simple one and it's a relatable one at that but they present it in a fun way. The visuals are really nice and overall I think it just perfectly shows us how far Christmas joy can reach; across boundaries, across generations.

What's everyone's verdict this year?

Edited by LiamTheAnimator

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JezMM

• Doctor MK

• PickleBrows

• McGroose

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't beat Monty the Penguin for me but that one hit so close to home for me so yeah.  This was a super pretty one though.  The visuals and the picture-book like simplicity of it make it another worthy addition to the series.

I'm rather fond of Man on the Moon, yeah. Definitely one of my favourite John Lewis adverts - it's got a really nice message full of warmth and charm, presented with all the preposterousness that you can only get away with at Christmas time.

Of course though, if you'd rather it was more scientifically accurate, the internet already has you covered...

I was kind of hoping that she would get a present that was Nasa/Space themed and that would inspire her to become an astronaut and meet the man in person decades later. 

...But this was good to. :)