Awoo.

Has anyone else ever felt guilty for knocking over all those cars in City Escape?

cjmoore25

I mean, just imagine all the property damage that resulted from Sonic's... street-boarding. Not to mention the cars that were clearly being driven at the time... at least Sonic X said that Perfect Chaos' attack resulted in no casualties (the mother of all miracles), but never do we get confirmation that Sonic crashing straight into nearly every car he comes across going downhill at about 340 m/s through a busy city didn't cause several deaths and/or injuries. Our hero, ladies and gentlemen.

• Thumbs Up 3

Who cares? It's a video game.

Besides, I doubt anyone were in the streets.

Edited by Dan-Dude
  • Thumbs Up 2

some guy in the development team even said it was there as a joke because of the parking tickets he kept getting, lol.

Yep. Here's the video where Iizuka explains about it:

https://youtu.be/4-30RmfYOfg?t=156

I normally avoid the cars because they slow Sonic down which makes it a bit harder to do the point-rewarding tricks on the ramps (which you need to do to get an A rank). 

• Thumbs Up 6

I avoided the cars; as mentioned, not all the vehicles were parked. How many people were injured by Sonic and that horrible GUN truck? Geico must have been really busy that day.

I seriously don't care. Most of the time, if I run into them, it's a mistake, as I don't usually see the ones driving coming towards me.

But I also have fun running into them because.... dun, dun... DUN!!! It's a video game. There are no causalities because it's not real. And plus, if they didn't want people to run into them, they wouldn't have done it (but we know why they put it in!)

Yeah at first.

Though I admit when my brain started processing that a small hedgehog on a board was sending cars flying which makes not much sense to begin with was kind of funny.XP

I do try to avoid the cars though. They slow him down and I like going fast.=3

Edited by Super Sonic Speed

Na, but if anything, I feel bad for the cars in Sonic Riders. If your a power type, you can literally make the cars fly away with one punch. Eggman didnt even have the decency to close off roads for the grand prix xD

• Thumbs Up 8

Every time you run into a not parked one, you straight up murder somebody.

Don't what is wrong or right indeed, Sonic.

Sonic may not have been guilty of Shadow's crimes as GUN thought, but they aren't wrong to go after him too! He's a vile piece of blue garbage with little regard for human life.

• Thumbs Up 2

In SA2, either or, don't go out of my way to do either.

In Generations though, fuck em. Fuck cars. Gimme that boost energy. And the achievement for getting 30 cars.

If Sonic in SA2 followed the mechanics of the Shadow the Hedgehog game, he would have his dark meter filled up so many times. Death to all who oppose me!

• Thumbs Up 4

"It's a video game" isn't the best excuse when this is a story driven game about a hero. If I'm playing as Eggman, sure. I'll fuck up as many cars as I feel like. But I feel like since Sonic's biggest defining trait since the beginning was his personality (yeah not speed, I'm not fucking forgetting Marble Zone), being able to randomly murder people on the street is a bit out of character, because let's be honest nobody's car goes flying like that and lands safely. It's the same thing with Bethesda games, where your character is apparently so important and skilled but can also then backflip off a bridge, eat 30 wheels of cheese and dickpunch his best friend. It's good for laughs, sure, but in context it's mood whiplash and can kind of ruin the immersion.

• Thumbs Up 3

Whatever cars Sonic hits proceed to fade out of existence immediately afterward.

Those drivers have identities, lives and families and Sonic the Hedgehog here just comes out of nowhere and straight up wipes them out of existence because he can't streetboard that well and that's not including the insurance companies that have to deal with the aftermath of the GUN Truck plowing through 50 or so vehicles. Even if they weren't driving the car at the time, I'd be pretty mad if my car straight up vanished like that.

At least the cars in City Escape still have a better experience than the cars in Speed Highway, though.

• Thumbs Up 5

I make it a point more often than not to try hitting one and seeing how many pile before hitting another...

I agree with Sonic Team, tickets are bull.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have never felt guilty about hitting those cars. I have many times made it my mission to knock them all over as well as playing around with the domino effect.

Edited by PandoloFox

smh Sonic can destroy government robots, cause loads of private property damage and slaughter innocent civilians, but its stealing the Chaos Emerald that he's being arrested for.

• Thumbs Up 5

City Escape isn't Grand Theft Auto. You're not going to get in trouble with the cops by knocking down cars. =)

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest I found it silly to begin with that Sonic somehow had the mass to flip a car just by gently bumping into it with an improvised board, let alone cause a ridiculous chain reaction that wrecks every car on the street. Like no joke, the first time I saw that happened I just laughed out loud at how absurd it looked.

Why that of all things stuck out when Sonic can make robots explode into flaming debris by rolling into them, I don't know. Teen me had some strange priorities.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

XD in ocations.. i mean... i think it's one more reason of why G.U.N kept chasing Sonic .. :lol:

but honestly its very fun to destroy anything on Sonic's games' scenery XD  when i play Sonic Generations i destroy all the Restaurants is see on Spagonia XD and i magine the people who runs them chouting to Sonic.

."Hey stop it!! my children go to school thanks to this!

XD hahaha i just destroy everything for fun and to gain more boost..

.. sometimes i joke with my bros.. and i say. "what if Eggman is the hero and he just wants to stop Sonic from destroying people's things"  :D

EDIT:

:lol:  i just reminded .. on Sonic Riders if you are a Power character you can destroy everything to your path and on Metal City there it were cars which were being driven by someone..

and World Ex Grand Prix was apparently a legal event on Sonic's world XD i hope Metal City's inhabitants were just robots or that they kept living using rings ^w^

not to mention on the final Cutcsenes of Sonic Riders 0 Gravity.. Sonic and Jet almost caused a car accident haha 

Edited by Drawloverlala
  • Thumbs Up 1