Awoo.

The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Klinsy

Yeah I am so happy I have both versions of WW. The HD version has better gameplay tweaks but the original had the superior art style

With TPHD I don't care about having the original. I'll be sure to get it, as I've never played it before

To be honest I am hoping for an alternate control motion control scheme in which directonal slashes actually register on their own (I mean come on, if Red Steel 1 of all games managed this I can't imagine what Nintendo's excuse is), but considering Tantalus's work on Deus Ex:HR and their refusal to use gyroscopic aim assist I'm convinced they just don't like motion controls. Oh well, I never got to play the Cube version so at least now I'll actually be able to play the game the way it was designed for in the first place.

I might pick this up. I'd like to replay Twilight Princess without the motion controls, and the amiibo actually looks really cool.

Shame Amazon already sold out the pre-orders for the bundle... how the hell do pre-orders sell out?

One thing is that the game... more or less looks the same as the previous release, just a bit upscaled. I suppose Wind Waker was the same deal, but it was easier to mask with the art style, and the lighting was adjusted (albeit a bit hardlit). Not that that's a bad thing, but I guess I expected things to be a bit more cleaned up.

They're made aware of the initial stock they're allotted when it comes to collector's things like this. 

I was kind of hoping they'd rework the lighting for the game kind of like how Wind Waker HD did.  The updated textures certainly look more detailed, but the game is just so flat and unappealing in just about every way.

Like, I just saw this simple photoshop edit on NeoGAF:

26aJEJFA.png

And it makes me angry just how flat the HD port is looking.  If they just put a little effort into the lighting, this game could've popped visually.  What we have now is super fucking boring and doesn't do TP's art style any sort of justice.

I'm probably going to skip out on this one for awhile.  TP never was my favorite Zelda game, and I'm not falling for the amiibo and whatever shoed-in functionality with the game it has.

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem is that tech demo would simply be way too much effort for a remaster. That would be a whole new game. And honestly I would love a Zelda game with that style, but... yeah. Aonuma doesn't seem to like it much.

Would it? I mean, holy shit, just look at what guys in the Dolphin community, in their spare time, are doing with the game.

https://twitter.com/tomoyahamasaki/status/665263116444413952

I'm sorry, but color me horribly disappointed in Nintendo. 

Edited by shdowhunt60

Some interesting stuff here

new Gamexplain vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyiZG4HoimQ 

Also don't compare a fan project on PC, and no need to balance costs versus time versus power level. The other thing is that this official HD remaster has to have consistent quality, they can't just throw say all the equivelent Hyrule Warriors characters models in and call it a day, they would have to not only upgrade all the characters but all the models too, and that's a MASSIVE undertaking. Also, that's more of remaster level as well.

Also don't compare a fan project on PC, and no need to balance costs versus time versus power level.

And what costs are involved in the project right now by farming out the porting of a Gamecube game to a newer console that is architecturally nothing more than a really powerful Gamecube? What is a more reasonable undertaking for a game guaranteed to shift at least a million copies a third time around when it currently looks like nothing more than the same game Nintendo has already sold twice rendering at a much higher resolution, if replacing character models is just too much?

• Thumbs Up 1

Twilight Princess HD is obviously just a rush job like Wind Waker HD was. The only disadvantage is that they couldn't just slap some new lighting effects on Twilight Princess like they did with Wind Waker and call it a day. A remaster for this game needed a lot more time and money put into it that it's clearly not going to get.

Whether or not I get it depends on the gameplay improvements they make.

• Thumbs Up 1

TPHD is a rush job because Nintendo probably ordered it to be so - there's probably real concern at the sparsity of the Wii U's release schedule at this point, and things like this drum up major interest at relatively little expense. I expect we'll see more of these filling up the release schedules before the NX comes along - it would be amazing to see the Metroid Prime games treated this way, or even the Rogue Squadron series!

Come on Nintendo, it'd be money in the bank, get Rogue Squadron back.

Finally playing TP the way it was meant to be played (it's based on the GCN version), rather than the Wii's flipped version, that's gonna be nice to at long last do.

Edited by Patticus
  • Thumbs Up 2

I honestly wouldn't hold my breath for either Prime remasters or Rogue Squadron: they're not Zelda, Mario, or one of their other usual cash cows, so they couldn't be fucking bothered. Federation Force is validation enough that Nintendo doesn't give two shits about Metroid.

I'm very excited for this game! Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda title. It's actually the only one I've ever beaten without needing help! I think I'll be getting the bundle that comes with the Wolf Link amiibo. I'm not a huge Zelda fan, just a casual. c:

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly wouldn't hold my breath for either Prime remasters or Rogue Squadron: they're not Zelda, Mario, or one of their other usual cash cows, so they couldn't be fucking bothered. Federation Force is validation enough that Nintendo doesn't give two shits about Metroid.

You would think that commissioning any kind of game would indicate a certain level of interest in maintaining that particular IP. I mean, they also went to the small amount of trouble to re-release the Metroid Prime Trilogy on the eShop... which probably means that's all we'll see in the way of a re-release until at least the NX.

Anyway, FF might not be what we want, but at least the series is seeing some small amount of attention, even if it isn't at the level we would give it.

Edited by Patticus
  • Thumbs Up 4

Along with what @Patticus said, Spin-offs are actually the sign of a healthy series. They are used to bring in greater awareness and new players who may have passed on the normal gameplay

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see how Wind Waker HD was a rush job. The textures were obviously redone and they reworked some things to make the experience better. Now this? This is a rush job. Twilight Princess is fantastic in the gameplay department and level design, but goddamn those graphics are still lifeless.

I don't see how Wind Waker HD was a rush job. The textures were obviously redone and they reworked some things to make the experience better. Now this? This is a rush job. Twilight Princess is fantastic in the gameplay department and level design, but goddamn those graphics are still lifeless.

Actually according to GameXplain they did touch up the textures quite a bit, even completely redoing them in some places. I don't think its a rush job, its just harder to improve this style of graphics compared to Wind Waker. TP just looked a lot worse than most of us remembered, especially if you tried to play it on an HD TV.

• Thumbs Up 1

One game does not make unhealthy an entire franchise. If that were true, Sonic would of had his funeral long ago.

Sonic may not be dead but I'd say he's pretty goddamn unhealthy. He's just all Sega has so they have no choice but to use him all the time, unlike Nintendo who has about a dozen popular franchises they can devote resources to if one starts slacking.

• Thumbs Up 4

Actually according to GameXplain they did touch up the textures quite a bit, even completely redoing them in some places. I don't think its a rush job, its just harder to improve this style of graphics compared to Wind Waker. TP just looked a lot worse than most of us remembered, especially if you tried to play it on an HD TV.

They game could look a lot nice by simply doing the same as with WW: Improving the lighting and skies.

The funny thing about Wind Waker HD being a rush job is that it actually was made in less time than TPHD has been. And yet the visual differences between WW and WWHD are a lot more obvious at first glance than the differences between TP and TPHD.

Wind Waker HD was made in six months, Aonuma claimed that they even used an automated software process to upscale all the textures because they didn't have time to do it manually; and yet they still produced a huge visual overhaul with simple lighting and shader additions.

Twilight Princess HD has been in development for much longer than that - while not confirming the game's existence itself at that point in time, Tantalus confirmed what would eventually be revealed as TPHD was already underway as early as February when they first gave details about the next projects they were working on. By the time it launches, it will have had over a year of development time, more than double the time WWHD got. The only possible excuse is that Tantalus is too small to produce a remaster effort on the likes of Nintendo despite having more development time, but it doesn't really change the fact how the game visually looks like the original release with no significant changes. I know a fair amount of people hated the WWHD lighting changes but I'm sure TPHD would had looked considerably better if Nintendo/Tantalus did the same thing, alongside with adding some modern graphical effects. The fanmade photoshop Nix posted that added shadows really does give the game a lot more visual substance.

If what we saw in the trailer is likely the final result coming out next February than hopefully the gameplay design itself received some serious tweaking, because graphically it really does come off as disappointing, especially compared to the previous Zelda remasters / remakes in recent years.

Edited by Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 3

Honestly, my outlook on the graphics is positive. They dialed down the ugly bloom in the Twilight, and that goes far in terms of making it easier to look at.

I'm playing through Twilight Princess right now, and one thing I seriously hope they fix is the part where Link has to take Midna to Zelda to heal her. Midna's Lament is frequently interrupted by the battle music, and it annoys the shit outta me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Getting some new news this week from Famitsu

http://gonintendo.com/stories/250002-the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-featured-in-this-week-s#comments

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD featured in this week's Famitsu

12 January, 2016 by rawmeatcowboy | Comments: 1

l_5694aee087591.jpg

This week's Famitsu is going to have 4 pages of goodness on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. We don't know how much new content is going to be covered, but we'll find out tomorrow. That's when the scans should pop up across the internet, and we'll be sure to share them here!

AHem, this just in, Amazon is offering Prime members 20% off Pre-order deals, and TP: HD happens to be amongst the flock applicable.

Daily Deals: Twilight Princess With Amiibo, 20% Off Pre-Orders, Fallout 4 Discount
Share.
Get any upcoming $60 game for $48.

By Alex Roth

Today's Big Deals

20% Off Any Game Pre-order From Amazon

Amazon just announced that it's giving Prime members 20% off any video game pre-order. This is a new, permanent benefit for Prime members, so it's a better time than ever to sign up for an Amazon Prime free trial - you'll also get free two day shipping and lots of streaming video options.

Add the game to your cart and proceed to checkout to see the discount. This 20% off also applies to collector's editions.

unnamed-3

Twilight Princess with Exclusive Amiibo Back in Stock and 20%

Remember that Amazon Prime 20% off deal? Well it applies to this Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess bundle with exclusive Minda and Wolf Link amiibo that just came back in stock.

91NSBpYl4QL._SL1500_

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/13/daily-deals-twilight-princess-with-amiibo-20-off-pre-orders-fallout-4-discount

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&node=13584215011&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2383691062&pf_rd_r=19PTC02ND312VS27YQDW&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_t=101&linkCode=sl2&tag=igndeals14-20&linkId=2ddc60f3c1d670f51f5358a0b438f728