Awoo.

State of Emergency in Paris - 11/13/15 - Terrorist Attacks

Kaze no Klonoa

Paris is in absolute madness right now. Shootings and Explosions are happening all around central Paris, and is now in a state of emergency. Terrorist are at rampant and the things that are going on are absolutely unbelieveable. Use this thread to stay up to date on the situation.

You can follow the events occurring on this live Reddit thread. https://www.reddit.com/live/vwwmdb26t78v. Use this to catch up on what's going on.

Please refrain from posting anything NSFW related, and stay safe! If you're in Paris, stay indoors, and if you can't find shelter, look for some open doors!

I'll update the thread as soon as possible on anything new that comes.

UPDATE THREAD:

GIGN Unit has gone into the Bataclan Concert Hall to engage the hostage situation. Gunshots can be heard.

If you are worried about friends or loved ones, police have opened a telephone line here ~ 0800-40-60-05

Facebook has a safety check page to check for loved ones. If you're in Paris, let everybody know with this app that you're OK. https://www.facebook.com/safetycheck/paris_terror_attacks/

Edited by Kaze no Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 3

My friend lives in Paris, luckily both him and his family are safe.

He said he could hear gunshots as it started, he lives about 3 minutes away from the restaurant shooting.

I'm just in complete shock as to the scale of this attack.

Sois certain que vous êtes tous dans mes pensées et mes prières lors de cette épreuve á Paris

• Thumbs Up 1

UPDATE on the GIGN Situation:

The situation is changing rapidly, press has no idea what's happening rn

UN UPDATE:

The Secretary-General condemns the despicable terrorist attacks carried out today in various locations in and around Paris. He demands the immediate release of the numerous individuals reportedly being held hostage in the Bataclan theatre.

http://www.un.org/sg/statements/index.asp?nid=9244 (UN Statement) 

ANOTHER UPDATE ON THE GIGN SITUATION:

NOS: French Police urges everyone to stop reporting the situation around Bataclan theatre. Will only inform the terrorists

-Live Reddit Thread 

Edited by Kaze no Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 1

Apparently they manage to get inside Bataclan. Several dozen people are dead or wounded inside the place.

I can't believe how quickly the death toll has reached such frightening levels.  Here's hoping these people are stopped one way or another as soon as possible.  Horrible people, all of them.

• Thumbs Up 3

Updated the thread to include a telephone line. If you're concerned about your loved ones or friends in Paris, call them.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's actually darkly amusing how counterproductive the huge scale terrorist attacks are. The little things people take in stride, and sometimes are even willing to sympathize with. But things like this and 9/11 are the kinds of things that cause governments to basically throw away rulebooks and actually get their hands dirty.

I'm meant to be going to Paris on December 5th. This hasn't changed me from wanting to go, not only will it send a message that we're not afraid but I just want to make sure that people are okay and to pay my respects.

According to a TV channel it's been reported that at least 100 people died in the Bataclan incident. Holy shit.

Update: Thread has been updated with Facebook's safety check page.

SECOND UPDATE: Confirmed by Agence France-Presse

"At least 100 dead in the Bataclan"

Edited by Kaze no Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 1

100 people dead? Holy shit.

My heart goes out for the survivors and the deceased in Paris. This is terrifying.

• Thumbs Up 4

Incidentally, that's likely going to put a rather neat bow on the ISIS problem. Doesn't really matter if they claim responsibility or not.

• Thumbs Up 6

This is awful!

Oh course, this is definitely going to get the majority to target ISIS, no matter who did it or not.

I am disgusted at these cowards that decided to kill these defenseless people on their night out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparent reports claim the Calais refugee center is burning. Take it with a ton of salt, not enough reports yet to confirm

Apparent reports claim the Calais refugee center is burning. Take it with a ton of salt, not enough reports yet to confirm

Confirmed false now, the 'fire' was November 2nd apparently. 

100 is an astronomical death toll, and that's the Bataclan alone. Sickening. 

Confirmed false now, the 'fire' was November 2nd apparently. 

100 is an astronomical death toll, and that's the Bataclan alone. Sickening. 

At least 64 people were confirmed killed earlier, so this raises the toll massively

Yeah, was coming here to correct that since I saw your tweet.

Have to say, a bit of dry amusement on my part on all the effort by authorities to not mention the identity of the attackers.

I am aware this is FAR less important than the lives of all the people involved in this horrible incident, but I feel the need to mention it.

Do we have any info on the shootings at the Louvre? Some terrorist groups love to destroy historical monuments, and now these guys whoever they are have free access to the fucking Louvre.

So no knowledge about the attackers, then? Well, it's far, far more important to stop them first, then try to figure it out, but obviously knowing the organization (if there is one) is certainly important.

Geeze, I have a friend who lives in France, not sure about Paris, though. But I know she's safe, she recently posted a status about her being very shaken about "7 terrorists attack." I'm still trying to get info, but I only knew about three or four locations hit.

Anyway, glad she's okay, I was really worried.

Seriously, will CNN and Fox shut up already? There's no information or any legit claim at the situation. At all. Stop coming up with "Oh, it's Islam!" "ISISISISISISISIS", you have no information to support any of your bullshit claims.