Awoo.

[Project] SSMB Santa [Project closed]

Klinsy

So, the most wonderful time of the year is starting in a bit, so why don't we go out and give the gift of giving here on SSMB?

Don't worry, you don't need any money, just some creative skills, here we assign people to  be a SSMB member personal Santa this Christmas,  you can give out art, writing, a photo project and just a few kind words, just whatever you think you'll make this member happy.

Members can sign up to be included on the list on members of and are assigned a Santa to them, once you get a Santa, you become your Santa's Santa, however, to keep things fair, you can only choose one member, and we can't give out these gifts until Christmas actually arrives.

The cutoff date to sign up is one week before Christmas

Here is the list of people participating so far, if you want to be included, just ask me, it doesn't even have to be in the topic, you can send me a status or a PM if you want to be on the list:

Pink Cat: Wishlist: Anything is fine

Soni: Wishlist: Fine with anything

Haalyle Wishlist: Fine with anything

Sonikku Mikyeong

I'm Dan
DBZHedgy

AR

DanielJ86

Electric Angel

Bolt

Kaze No Klonoa

Crow The BOOLET

Ming Ming Yuigahama

Peridot Shades

YoshiUnity: Fine with anything.

Edited by Meowkie Claws
  • Thumbs Up 5

This is a great idea, but like Klonoa, I'm gonna wait a little while before deciding to join.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there, by chance, that this was inspired because of my insanity of a meme?

By the by, count me in. I'll do what I usually do.

Edited by Soni
  • Thumbs Up 2

Actually, you did come into my mind while making the topic.

But it was actually just my own idea I thought would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 2

Cool topic man :) so I guess Soni is gonna be an elf? 

yeah I wish I can join but Im not a good artist. :( 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just a question, what is the date we know who our SSMB Santas are? Cuz I'm considering one of the things I'll be doing is picking up a game, and I don't want to get something to someone that they can't run or already own.

• Thumbs Up 2

SSMB Santas will be known as soon as someone comments they wish to be a specific member on the list's Santa.

The gifts are a secret, the Santas are not.

So I can say that I want Soni to be my Santa? ;)

Also, do you need to create a spreadsheet or anything of the sort regarding on who's on the list and who they're gifting it to? Seems like that'd be better then using a spoiler tag. If you need help with that, I might set one up or something

Edited by Kaze no Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait so I'm confuse. If you choose to be a Santa, can you choose who to give the gift to or is it like, you are assigned to someone?

I just checked, Pink Cat mentioned that we have to pick who we want to be gifted to, not the Santas picking. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Seems like a better and less exploitable system.

There is a list of members who signed up to  be either Santas or get gifts, once you're on the list, you can choose a specific person to be a Santa to, but you can only choose one member and if that member already has a Santa, you can't be the Santa to them.

This sounds all kinds of cute, but I'll have to wait to see if I can get in...financially, I mean.

I'd like to provide feedback on this system.

As great as the concept is, the system is incredibly flawed. This system basically says that you don't have to gift anybody anything at all. Just hop on and ask for something that other people will give instead. Have it so the Santas will be gifting each other, and randomize who will get what. That's a lot more fair and certainly a lot less exploitative. For example: If I know that Soni is going to get me a game, then why shouldn't I just sign up so he is my santa? And that also means I don't have to give anybody anything. If that's how you want it to work though, then I understand, but I'm thinking more of the lines of the Reddit Gift Exchange events.

• Thumbs Up 3

So let me make sure I understand it properly.

If your a Santa, you can give anything you want to a person? From a picture, a message or a physical object?

I don't have much financially, but I will draw something at the drop of a hat.

Regardless of whether I'm write or wrong on my assumption, I still wanna be in. XD Sign me up for Santa duty!

We're doing a bit of change of rules.

If you're being one person's Santa, you are also the Santa to them.

Additionally, there is now a cut off date, one week before Christmas starts.

Also, you can buy someone something, but the goal of this topic is that everyone signs up gets a gift of some sort, so don't worry if you can't.

• Thumbs Up 1

We're doing a bit of change of rules.

If you're being one person's Santa, you are also the Santa to them.

Additionally, there is now a cut off date, one week before Christmas starts.

Also, you can buy someone something, but the goal of this topic is that everyone signs up gets a gift of some sort, so don't worry if you can't.

I'd recommend changing the OP Post then. Still a bit confusing as I personally think the Santas should be given a specific person randomly. I definitely would like gifting a specific person something but it's not a system that will work without exploitation or a crap ton of problems.

• Thumbs Up 1