Awoo.

Hey Arnold TV Movie in the works

Klinsy

Nice! Hey Arnold was a really good series. Lets hope the movie could lead to a revival of the tv series.

Goddamn it, now I've got the cool intro theme stuck in my head! :D

"Move it football head!"

The question is, which one is the real football head?

Arnold2.png    or            stewie.gif  :P

Oh, they can finally finish what they planned after practically a decade? Awesome!

Better late than never!

I do so hope that it's a revival of the jungle movie, and not a reboot or anything like that.  I'm not opposed to new things, but it would be interesting to see a company actually pick up where a show left off instead of trying to revitalize the brand as a whole.

I look forward to seeing where this goes.  That is, if anything does come out of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do so hope that it's a revival of the jungle movie, and not a reboot or anything like that.  I'm not opposed to new things, but it would be interesting to see a company actually pick up where a show left off instead of trying to revitalize the brand as a whole.

I look forward to seeing where this goes.  That is, if anything does come out of it.

I have to be honest. I barely watched Hey Arnold, even when I was a kid. I have nothing against the show though, as memory serves I think it's an okay series. The problem about reviving the Jungle movie is that newcomers or kids who never watched Hey Arnold wouldn't understand much of what's going on, who they are and their relationships. Nick would have to do something about that first.

I have to be honest. I barely watched Hey Arnold, even when I was a kid. I have nothing against the show though, as memory serves I think it's an okay series. The problem about reviving the Jungle movie is that newcomers or kids who never watched Hey Arnold wouldn't understand much of what's going on, who they are and their relationships. Nick would have to do something about that first.

It wouldn't be particularly hard to have a brief moment in the movie that explains the status quo of the show just to get viewers up to speed on the theme and tonality of the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I personally wouldn't worry about trying to rope newer audiences into seeing it if they're going to the lengths of picking up where the original show left off. If the new TV movie is indeed a revival of the The Jungle Movie project, then it's essentially a pet project made purely for fans of the show; especially since The Jungle Movie was originally supposed to be the show's grand finale that it never got.

That said, if Nick did want to go ahead and try to get contemporary viewers interested regardless, it shouldn't be that difficult IMO. They have the rights to the show, they could play up the show's availability on home media (and if the show isn't, then make it available) to gauge interest for the TV movie. If not that, go the extra mile and starting airing the original show again for a few weeks, maybe even top it off with a marathon of the entire show leading up to the new TV Movie's premiere. If not necessarily on the main Nick channel than on its sister networks TeenNick or NickToons.

I'm speaking as someone that, other than a few episodes, never really paid much attention to the original show either.

Edited by Kazaam

Wanna know why I can actually believe this instead of that nicktoons avengers movie thing? Because Nickelodeon actually retweeted this article and not to mention it's from a common movie site that is reliable. Bringing up a dead argument aside I'm really excited for this, Hey Arnold was a show I enjoyed when I was a kid since I grew up in NY but I never fully understood until I got recently since I've been watching a few episodes and I have to say this show is amazing. 

It's about time! And on the issue of newcomers not knowing what's going on, the movie can just have a scene where all the kids are with their parents at school and Arnold is off to the side looking all lonesome and stuff.