Awoo.

Not sure if your computer runs a game? Come here!

Solister

Probably you have been through this situation:
A game is released and you don't have sure if your computer runs the game. Do you have a solution!

Can You Run is a website where you can check if one game runs in your computer without need install the game!

BWK0Vbp.png
Looks! SimCity 4: Deluxe Edition runs in my computer! And is true, I tested and the game really runs

But please note that the result is not exact, for example Sonic Adventure DX runs on my computer, but the system says "no"

Ltz62zQ.png
But if this happens, check where your computer fails, if it is a giant difference, do not attempt to install, but for the small differences you can try (For example, my OS is Windows 7, but the game only works with Windows XP probably the game runs on your PC).

I hope you like and enjoy! Thanks for reading!
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've tried it before, and to be honest, It's not that accurate at times. For example it said games like Skullgirls and Skyrim couldn't run on my old computer, when it actually ran just fine. Hell, it said it couldn't run Sonic Generations on my new computer, and it works just fine on it. One too many times stuff like this happened to me, to the point where I just said, "Screw it."

So yeah, I'll just stick to crossing my fingers and hoping it'll work.

• Thumbs Up 2

There are actually other sites that have adjusted requirements, because a lot of times what's put out actually just is a gross overestimate.

For instance, this one does.

http://www.game-debate.com/

The adjusted requirements aren't there day one, but if you've held off on something they're likely to be there.

General rule of thumb is that you're not going to be running any new games with hardware from several generations ago, though. At least not well.

Edited by Conando
  • Thumbs Up 2

Can You Run It, as far as I know, only scans your system specs and compares it to the recommended specs of the game in question.  It's not based on tested and evaluated results and is basically there for people who don't want to actually pull up their specs and compare them manually.  It's a good and convenient reference, but as others have stated, not the best reference to use.  It does offer some good feedback in terms of what might not work, and you can make those sort of judgments for yourself, otherwise it's something I'd take with a grain of salt.

• Thumbs Up 3

While it can help a bit, there's no telling the accuracy of it in general. It stated my cheap Laptop couldn't handle New Vegas but could actually do so at Medium Specs. So I don't think it's that good of a reference tool.

• Thumbs Up 4