Awoo.

Nintendo plans for anime and movies are "progressing"

Klinsy

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/15/japan-nintendo-president-publishes-2016-plans-in-newspaper/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So, it's been known for awhile that the Big N is planning to get into theme parks, and that's really cool, but here's something really exciting.

Nintendo's current president Kimishima has confirmed that along with plans to work with theme parks, licensing deals for anime and movies are being worked out.

Personally, I'm really excited, besides Pokemon, Nintendo been missing from the TV bis for awhile and movies are always exciting to hear. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Hopefully this means that Mario will finally show up in a Wreck-It-Ralph sequel.

Anyway, can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store for us!

• Thumbs Up 3

So, does this mean we can get a Xenoblade Chronicles anime? That would be sick.

I don't really watch anime but I loved what they did with the smash trailers.

I could definitely see Nintendo making a successful anime or movie with one of their franchises though. At least they're learning to shake off that fear of making movies they've had ever since the Mario Bros movie came out.

I'd love a Metroid anime/OVA that shows a bit of Samus' childhood with her parents dying and getting raised by the Chozo and stuff.  Maybe a more canon take on the events of the manga.  Could be really good if handled well.

And I still think Star Fox would make for a great sci fi action-comedy in some form.  Tons of characters to work with, and it probably wouldn't be too hard to put them in fun situations.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'd love for them to do separate 13-26 episode Zelda series retelling some of the games' stories.

I think Star Fox would fit better as a CG show. Metroid, I think might work better as a (live-action) movie.

Given Splatoon's popularity, especially in Japan, I could see them making a series out of it. When it comes to America, they could advertize it with, "It's not just a cartoon, it's a SPLATOON!!!". I'm a fucking genius.

• Thumbs Up 3

A Link's Awakening adaption could be amazing if they did it right. The original had a lot of potential emotional depth that the game never really went into since the story was somewhat of an afterthought (albeit still pretty good). I hear the manga's good tho so they could always follow that but I haven't read it myself so I can't judge.

Imagine a proper Mario show that is actually faithful to the games and has a good art style.

Oh, please, let this happen.  Let the healing grace of Nintendo teach me how to love again.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, Tara said:

Imagine a proper Mario show that is actually faithful to the games and has a good art style.

Oh, please, let this happen.  Let the healing grace of Nintendo teach me how to love again.

Someone needs to be re-educated

• Thumbs Up 9

8 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Someone needs to be re-educated

I'm sorry.  I forgot about this.  Lou Albano is the one true Mario.  I will never forget this again.

• Thumbs Up 8

I keep thinking "Smash Bros Anime". If it happens (which is prolly unlikely) I'll be hyped.

A good Mario show would be interesting tho.

I would personally love to see either Xenoblade (original or X would both be primed for this) be adapted into a TV series, especially if they work in all the side material and unify it into a big serial. Zelda is also a natural choice, though I wouldn't want an adaptation of a game already on the timeline--I think it'd make a lot of sense to do something that can fit onto any part of the timeline and draw from that history but exist as a separate entity. Mario would be great, too, if they can unify all the material and ideas from the various games and spin-offs (particularly the RPGs) into a single world.

I'm all up for an anime based on Star Fox or Smash Bros (a movie or OVA most likely for this one). Though there is more possibilities for Fire Emblem, Advanced Wars, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Golden Sun getting anime/movie (just no live action BS) treatment too. Or maybe a Donkey Kong anime that can make up for that CGI atrocity from the 90s.

Even though Pokemon already has an anime, a part of me hopes for one of the spin-offs to get one esp. Mystery Dungeon and Rangers.

Can we finally have a cartoon/anime based off Mario and Zelda? Or how about a Metriod series? If we get any movies I hope they stay far away from live action. CGI or 2D or no deal.

I'm hoping we finally get a good Mario cartoon/movie. It's been thirty years, and the biggest franchise in video game history hasn't had one good animated adaptation! (Best one so far was the Mario World cartoon, for all the wrong reasons.)

I'd also love a Kid Icarus anime (beach episode or riot) and a Star Fox movie!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

I'm hoping we finally get a good Mario cartoon/movie. It's been thirty years, and the biggest franchise in video game history hasn't had one good animated adaptation! (Best one so far was the Mario World cartoon, for all the wrong reasons.)

I'd also love a Kid Icarus anime (beach episode or riot) and a Star Fox movie!

Wasn't that OVA decent?

4 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Wasn't that OVA decent?

The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach? I personally found it pretty bland, and that ending was a giant kick to Mario's emotional crotch. The fairy tale adaptations were also pretty boring, though seeing Bowser as the Queen from Snow White was pretty amusing.

29 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Wasn't that OVA decent?

I thought it was pretty charming, but it does have the unfortunate problem of never being released since its original Japanese VHS release, and it did have some weird quirks, such as the ever annoying "these characters are video game characters even in their own universe" trope.  Plus, as cute as it is, it's clearly a relic of Mario being in his underdeveloped stages.  Having a show or movie which accurately captures the counterparts that were perfected and ultimately expanded upon from Super Mario World onward would be a treat.

Glad to hear that this making headway. Kid Icarus and Star Fox could easily be adapted into anime form and I would lose my mind over a Metroid movie (animated or live action really). 

16 hours ago, Pink Cat said:

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/15/japan-nintendo-president-publishes-2016-plans-in-newspaper/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So, it's been known for awhile that the Big N is planning to get into theme parks, and that's really cool, but here's something really exciting.

Nintendo's current president Kimishima has confirmed that along with plans to work with theme parks, licensing deals for anime and movies are being worked out.

Personally, I'm really excited, besides Pokemon, Nintendo been missing from the TV bis for awhile and movies are always exciting to hear. 

Exciting news! I would love to see new Mario, Zelda, Metroid & Starfox anime/cartoons and movies! :D

As long as we get a Kid Icarus anime, I'll be satisfied.

If the anime shorts have taught me anything, it's that a Kid Icarus anime would kick ass.