Awoo.

Satam dumped off Netflix

Akessel92

On tssz, I read the satam sonic series is getting dumped off Netflix on the 28th of February.  Delays in the main sonic comic series, and no new main games! *sigh* this can't go on. 

Well it has been feeling like Netflix has been removing all non-original animated programming of solid caliber, which is going to hurt them since their original cartoons stink to high heaven

It's not the only program I've heard of being dropped from Netflix next month; they're removing some Doctor Who seasons as well.  I'd imagine there would be more.  Seems like they haven't renewed all the licenses.

I'm under the impression that (in recent years) Netflix has some very restrictive conditions that must be met in order to maintain a presence there.  Even cartoons that are both popular and relevant have found some difficulty negotiating their stay on the platform.  It doens't surprise me that SatAM, being twenty years old and probably not as marketable as it once was, would be dropped eventually.

It's worth a note, however, that a program that is scheduled to be dropped isn't always dropped.  Sometimes their deadline is extended, sometimes they renew their contract at like the last minute.  A number of things can happen, but that doesn't leave reasonable assurance that any of those things will happen, either.

• Thumbs Up 6

They add and remove plenty of stuff each month. It would be a shame to lose the ability to watch SatAM like this, but as previously mentioned, its possible that they could bring the license back up. Maybe they'll want to keep it on there at least for this anniversary year?

It's worth a note that the whole series is on YouTube and other cartoon streaming sites anyway, so the show's not lost or anything.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ugh, that's a bummer. I was actually thinking about going through the series again. At least there's YouTube. Was thinking about cancelling my subscription anyway, I don't use it much at all.

Are AoStH and Underground facing a similar fate? 

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't even know AoStH was on Netflix. Though it should be noted movies and TV shows get pulled off and put back on all the time. All of Justice League is getting pulled next month, so it's just licencing rather than necessarily any indication of popularity. .

Haha, I still have the complete series on DVD complete with glorious Ken Penders cover art, so no worries from my end :P Bummer for those to whom it is a bummer, though thankfully there are still other ways to access it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Netflix drops shows like  it's been building snowmen from butter, so im not surprised at all.  

Maybe they were going to fix the thumbnail so that it doesn't use AOSTH art and vice versa.

Lucky for me I got the DVD set with the terrible ken penders boxart when it launched.

• Thumbs Up 1