Awoo.

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

TCB

What you do when you mix LEGO and Star Wars? 

This of course:

The trailer was leaked appeaantly leaked from YouTube ads of all things from Wario64's Twitter is telling me. Anyway the official U.S. Xbox Marketplace page for the game is up here with screenshots, with a release date of 'June 28th, 2016' for damn near every available console out there. 360, Xbone, PS3, PS4, Vita, Wii U, 3DS and PC. Below is the games discription from the link, excuse me as I'm doing all this on an iPad:

Game Description:"The Force is strong with this one… The No. 1 LEGO® videogame franchise triumphantly returns with a fun-filled, humorous journey based on the blockbuster Star Wars film. Play as Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Han Solo, and the rest of your favorite characters from the movie!

In LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, players relive the epic action from the blockbuster film Star Wars: The Force Awakens, retold through the clever and witty LEGO lens. The game will also feature exclusive playable content that bridges the story gap between Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens also introduces Multi-Builds and Blaster Battles to the LEGO videogame universe. With Multi-Builds, use available LEGO bricks to open up new paths, then break them apart and re-build them again to open up another! And another! During Blaster Battles, use your surroundings as cover to stand against the First Order. "

I'm happy there's a new Lego Star Wars, but I wish they would have waited for the end of the trilogy. They still have four seasons of Clone Wars and two of Rebels. With two seasons a game, they could have used those until 2019 when Episode 9 comes out.

The stuff bridging Episode 6 and 7 is cool. I just hope this has a decently sized cast with no regards to their era.

• Thumbs Up 7

Knew it was only a matter of time! But I also thought they'd have waited till the next movie at least, if not the end. Saying that, I'm surprised they didn't attach the complete saga on to it also (again), but I suppose they might do that when the new trilogy is finished. 

Still, I be buying!

I also would have preferred they waited, but I'm curious to see what the extra stuff between RotJ and FA is like. (Wait, if this stuff helps to bridge the gap...does that mean we're about to get a Lego game that's technically canon? Weird)

Also I cracked up at the "BB on board bumper sticker on Rey's speeder XD

Full trailer:

Didn't notice this before, but it looks like PS4/3 are getting some DLC first/exclusively. All I can make out is something around the lines of "Phantom (Something) - Level Pack" and "Droid - Character Pack"

Edit:

It's Phantom Limb Level Pack and Droid Character Pack. So a level about C-3PO's arm. Name is pretty funny. :lol:

Also, Deluxe Edition.

Spoiler

y5fod9e.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Awakens-PlayStation-Deluxe/dp/B01BCMBK1W/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1454423124&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+force+awakens

This game is Game Informer's March cover.

Spoiler

jWfpTvQ.jpgfON7trS.jpg

There' a couple more pics and a video at the link.

Looks like they've changed the HUD.

Edit: Oops, I thought this would merge.

I wish they didn't do this. I got very disappointed with them before when they released LEGO The Hobbit claiming they were gonna do a DLC for the last movie, only to just completely cancel it without word.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought they'd wait for the other two movies to release. I'm fine with this though, I was just talking to my sisters about how they should make one yesterday!

It's a sad day in gaming when now even the LEGO games have Season Passes announced before the goddamn game comes out and even fucking Playstation Exclusive/First DLC.

• Thumbs Up 2

If we're going by the current LEGO style, I'd say it's safe to assume about 14 levels in the game.

Honestly, I want to see some joke characters as well (Please don't tell me I'm the only one who wants Darth Jar Jar in the game).

1 hour ago, PSI Wind said:

It's a sad day in gaming when now even the LEGO games have Season Passes announced before the goddamn game comes out and even fucking Playstation Exclusive/First DLC.

Evidently it's been a thing since one of the Lego Batman games. Not that it matters that much, generally it's one or two levels and a few extra characters. Lego Marvel had like, $7 of extra stuff?

Shouldn't be in a Lego game regardless.

I think LEGO Jurassic World has been the largest LEGO game as of late in terms of levels hasn't it? 20, was it, not including those small bonus levels? It'd be hard to aim for something like that, but about doable if done right. LEGO Star Wars as a brand sells well, so I wouldn't expect them to skimp on the content in this one, either. LEGO Star Wars III also had 20 levels [again, not counting the bonus ones].
We'll have to see what happens though.

The only other thing I can say - YES! Another LEGO Star Wars to get stuck into.

I'd been secretly hoping that a LEGO game for the new films would be on the way - and while I would have expected them to wait until Episode IX came out to release a full sequel trilogy package, I cant say I'm not pleased to see The Force Awakens getting the LEGO treatment sooner rather than later.

LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy were two of my favourite games at the time and this looks to be a worthy successor. The trailer looks really good, full of the usual LEGO charm and doing plenty of justice to the brand new source material. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one!

6 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If we're going by the current LEGO style, I'd say it's safe to assume about 14 levels in the game.

Honestly, I want to see some joke characters as well (Please don't tell me I'm the only one who wants Darth Jar Jar in the game).

What do you mean current style? Lego games have always had 14/15 levels O.o The very first Lego Star Wars game has 14 levels >> 5 for Phantom Menace, 4 for Clone Wars and 5 for Revenge of the Sith!

Funny.

The day I go and see The Force Awakens for the second time, this gets announced. Does that mean if I go see it a third time, Rogue One's trailer comes out? XD

But yeah, this was a surprise. Making a game this early into the sequel trilogy? OK? Looks good though, and I like the trailer!

I'm buying. I didn't expect a LEGO adaptation of The Force Awakens, but I'm pleased all the same.

Besides, I enjoyed the first two games on my PS2.

I'm pleased with this and will most likely purchase it when it is released. I enjoyed playing the older Lego Star Wars, and in fact it would be nice to see them ported onto the Next Gen Systems.

On 2/2/2016 at 1:41 PM, DarkRula said:

I think LEGO Jurassic World has been the largest LEGO game as of late in terms of levels hasn't it? 20, was it, not including those small bonus levels? It'd be hard to aim for something like that, but about doable if done right. LEGO Star Wars as a brand sells well, so I wouldn't expect them to skimp on the content in this one, either. LEGO Star Wars III also had 20 levels [again, not counting the bonus ones].
We'll have to see what happens though.

The only other thing I can say - YES! Another LEGO Star Wars to get stuck into.

not really, Lego Star Wars 3 had 22 Levels and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga had 36 levels.

Remember I said not including bonus levels. Both you and Marcello have counted the two bonus levels. And yes, Complete Saga did have 36 levels, but that focused on all six films. Here we are only focusing on one. Jurassic World had four films in it, but most LEGO games of recent times have focused only on one story. That will be the case here with Force Awakens, even with content before the film. Unless we're saying there's going to be a prologue, three story segments, an epilogue, and two bonus levels, I don't see how the game can have more than the standard for one story focused games.
And despite LEGO City Undercover being an original story based off no existing content, they could have had more than fifteen main levels. Fifteen, it seems, is the limit for one story focused games. Though added extras such as hub world missions can be added outside of those fifteen to extend the game and story further.

If by bonus levels you mean the bounty hunter one and Dooku one, yeah I am. Why wouldn't I? They're full levels.

They are full levels, yes. And even with the point I stated, including them doesn't change a thing. That's why I'd left them out.