Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

I wouldn't a game that looked like Sonic 2 HD. Was never a fan of that. I'd rather they go full sprite or 3D graphics.

51 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I wouldn't a game that looked like Sonic 2 HD. Was never a fan of that. I'd rather they go full sprite or 3D graphics.

I thought all of the art in Sonic 2 HD was spritework? I don't remember any 3D graphical backgrounds or effects.

On the topic of what a new 2D Sonic game would look like, I wouldn't be opposed to another 2.5D game that looked like Generations (though they could dial down on the background details to avoid the game looking too cluttered). But I'd like for pure 2D graphics and sprites to return to the Sonic series. A 2D Sonic game with the visual prowess of Wario Land: Shake It!!, the UbiArt Rayman games, or Ori and the Blind Forest is generally what I'm looking for more than anything else in terms of graphics.

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

I wouldn't a game that looked like Sonic 2 HD.

Me neither. I think the sprites design, while not ugly, was noticeable fan-made.

I was thinking on something like Inspector Gabe says (Wario Land Shake it or latest Rayman games). That would be really awesome.

1 hour ago, Inspector Gabe said:

I thought all of the art in Sonic 2 HD was spritework? I don't remember any 3D graphical backgrounds or effects.

On the topic of what a new 2D Sonic game would look like, I wouldn't be opposed to another 2.5D game that looked like Generations (though they could dial down on the background details to avoid the game looking too cluttered). But I'd like for pure 2D graphics and sprites to return to the Sonic series. A 2D Sonic game with the visual prowess of Wario Land: Shake It!!, the UbiArt Rayman games, or Ori and the Blind Forest is generally what I'm looking for more than anything else in terms of graphics.

5 minutes ago, molul said:

Me neither. I think the sprites design, while not ugly, was noticeable fan-made.

I was thinking on something like Inspector Gabe says (Wario Land Shake it or latest Rayman games). That would be really awesome.

When I said sprites, I mean more line with the 16-bit games. When I think of Sonic 2 HD, I think hand drawn, even though they're technically HD sprites. So I think we're all talking about the same thing here. Probably should've been more specific.

To be sure, this is the Sonic 2 HD I'm talking about: aLA1ORZ.jpg

Wario Land Shake It, I find kind of ugly, to be honest. It looks really flat, which is the same problem I had with Sonic 2 HD, although Sonic 2 HD looks a bit better since they didn't outline every foreground element. Rayman Legends looks really nice, especially since they made the characters more detailed after Origins, but it's not a look I'd want for Sonic.  Can't really say why. 

I wouldn't mind something similar to Sonic 2 HD as long as it's more DuckTales Remastered and less... well, Sonic 2 HD.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Tara said:

I wouldn't mind something similar to Sonic 2 HD as long as it's more DuckTales Remastered and less... well, Sonic 2 HD.

Why haven't I thought of that?

Yeah, a 2D Sonic game in the Wayforward style would be pretty damn awesome.

1 hour ago, Failinhearts said:

Why haven't I thought of that?

Yeah, a 2D Sonic game in the Wayforward style would be pretty damn awesome.

Tembo the Badass Elephant actually comes pretty close in this regard, although the art style is notably different from WayForward's.

4 minutes ago, Tara said:

Tembo the Badass Elephant actually comes pretty close in this regard, although the art style is notably different from WayForward's.

Yeah, I can definitely see that. Either way, the hand-drawn art style would be something I'd love to see.

3 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

Where is this from? Is this some fan-made stuff or what? I was just lurking Sonic's twitter page. That would look great if it was actual game footage. Sorry if it was posted already somewhere, I didn't see it.

That's from Smash Bros. The Knuckles Mii costume just came out as DLC a few days ago.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Metal Mario said:

That's from Smash Bros. The Knuckles Mii costume just came out as DLC a few days ago.

Ah, OK. Since I don't know a thing about Smash Bros and don't play it I had no clue what this could be. Thanks, dude. ?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if it's worth mentioning but I have noticed that the "one eyebrow lowered cool face" in this artwork hasn't been used since the Adventure era 2D artworks, compare it to Lost World, Colours and other recent games CG, it looks a little different, like it's supposed to be "edgier".

Cattura.jpg

I don't know.  It looks comparatively subdued as time goes on, if you ask me.  Like they are actually aware that certain traits of Sonic's images are relics of the 90's and decided to tone it down a little so as not to be completely dated.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Tara said:

I don't know.  It looks comparatively subdued as time goes on, if you ask me.  Like they are actually aware that certain traits of Sonic's images are relics of the 90's and decided to tone it down a little so as not to be completely dated.

I agree, still that render appeared in the 25th anniversary teaser, that's why I pointed it out!

I'm thinking we're going to have a Sonic 5 in the 4 and prior fashion and perhaps a Sonic Generations sequel. Sonic Timestream seems to make more sense than Sonic Universe since there's characters from different eras of time. Would be pretty killer if we could play other characters than just the Sonics, perhaps with branching storylines a-la-Adventure but that'd probably be a development overhead nightmare.

On 2/5/2016 at 10:02 PM, Michael Myers said:

So, while the Philadelphia Flyers has a nice 2-0 lead over Nashville i poored up a fresh glass of coke zero, put a snus under my lip and i start digging around in this very intriguing case. And here is what i came up with.

Halloween-artwork

That halloween-artwork is what im loosing the most sleep over in this case. I had to google the suspect behind the render and she seems to have done a couple of "special edition" comic book covers for "Sonic Universe". Please, correct me if im wrong.

With the recent artwork of Classig/Modern/ughBoom-Sonic's standing side by side(excisting in the same universe), my guess is that this(Sonic Universe) is the name of a game. Yes, i sad a game.

Big's Fishing Adventure 3

This is obvously just a red herring. C'mon. Herring is a fish. Gotta be some kind of joke. I belive they used red herring during Sonic 4 episode 2 teasing or something.

The pixels

Now this is interesting. That's all i have to say about that i guess. For now. Continue read for further suspicious pixel-related stuff.

The numbers(4312116)

Googled theese numbers and stumbled upon a patent for "sealing an electronic module in a cap ".

https://www.google.co.in/patents/US4312116

TLDR. Someone that can read something that isn't about sports or videogames should take a look in this patent to see if there's something there. The only usefull thing i found are dates. January 26th(has already passed this year) and April 14th.

But wait just a minuite! On Jan. 26th this year, the Sonic The Hedgehog-twitter posted this. 3 21 00

So now we have three dates: 3/21, 1/4 and possibly14/4

Though, what does "00" mean? It is featured in a different font in that twitterpost above than the other numbers. The number 00 is also featured in this posted by the Sonic twitter. There is also an added 7 witch is not in the original scan. My guess? 7:00 is the time. Can't find any clues for PM, AM or any timezones though. The dates are March 21, April 1 and, again possibly, April 14. 14th being the least belivable but is still a suspect in custody.

We have the numbers 0,1,2,3,4,6 and 7. No number 5 if i recall and have done my reasearch well enough. So now im thinking 5 is missing, pixels is present.....

My conclusion is the following:

We will have two brand new Sonic-games this year. One pixelart game: Sonic 5(revealed on March 21 at 7:00, ready for release on June 23(Numbers 6,2,3 are all present)), one big 3D adventure: Sonic Universe(revealed April 1 or possibly April 14 at 7:00). I am also willing to ballpark that Sonic Universe will have some kind of real-time graphicsswap/characterswap between the tree Sonic's. Possibly even here a pixelstyle graphicengine where you play Classic Sonic. Though now im going too deep. 2D pixel stages(Classic), 3D speed stages(Modern), 3D platforming/puzzles/combat(Boom).

And now the Flyers has a 4-2 lead.

DISSCLAIMER: I apologize for all the spelling and grammar errors that might occur in this. I know there's a bunch though i bet i couldn't find them even though they where staring at me. This dissclaimer might even be full of errors. It's 4am and well, people should not be awake at this time.

That's some evidence you got there man. You really got the math down for this, and you did this at 4AM? 

Spoiler

ViuGqkj.gif

Anywho, something came to my mind. Remember how for Generations SoA did all these neat events like Generations of Skate and whatnot? It would be pretty cool to have them do those again, if possible.

4 hours ago, TCB said:

That's some evidence you got there man. You really got the math down for this, and you did this at 4AM? 

Vodka, snus, coke zero and insomnia. And adrenaline from watching too much hockey. And it's 4AM right now, but way too frunk to even try dig around for clues of this 25th anniversary game. But i saw a guy with a Sonic-shirt in a club. Talked to him. Nice guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you guys think it could also be a clue ? Ian Flynn has been followed by the official Twitter Account of Sonic and in binary code, it says "hidden meaning".
Pontac for Boom, Flynn for the 25th birthday game ?

2 hours ago, CiNozzo said:

Do you guys think it could also be a clue ? Ian Flynn has been followed by the official Twitter Account of Sonic and in binary code, it says "hidden meaning".

Probably going to be just the April Fools joke.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CiNozzo said:

Its obviously sonic dlc for mario kart.

Seems like that guy wrote some Sonic Universe comics. And earlier we had a render from what is suspected to be cover-artist for Sonic Universe. I'm sticking to my theory about Sonic Universe is the name pf the big 25th anniversary game.

Heh heh... no way will it be a game set in the archie universe... right.... RIGHT!? Oh please tell me that's not what it is!

• Thumbs Up 2

Sega actually cares enough about the Archie Sonic series to consider making a game adaptation of it?

• Thumbs Up 7

Even if it's not related to the comics, if Aaron knows what the game is called, and that name was in the comics at some point - even if the two have nothing in relation to each other - he'd be one to tease it like no tomorrow. Which he does seem to be doing.

Maybe he just knows the story and the next adaptation after Unleashed is over is the 25th anniversary game?

The game is obviously not going to be Archie-verse, but I wouldn't mind it at all. It's added lore from the games and comics and have made something that works really well. The Unleashed adaption has been great. I'd love Flynn writing the game, and by writing, I actually mean writing the story from the start with a decent amount of freedom and not just adapting it like Pontac and Graff get to.