Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

Cay3jvmW4AAouzj.png:large

Top thing is "Hello Hugo," Hugo being Madeon's real name.

"Pixel" has nothing to do with "Pixel Sonic," that's an internal branding name. It's a reference to Pixel Empire by Madeon.

• Thumbs Up 4

The fated son of Daedalus? In Greek mythology, that's Icarus, the guy who flew too close to the sun. 

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Cay3jvmW4AAouzj.png:large

Top thing is "Hello Hugo," Hugo being Madeon's real name.

"Pixel" has nothing to do with "Pixel Sonic," that's an internal branding name. It's a reference to Pixel Empire by Madeon.

The same quote mentions an Empire. Regardless if its a reference to Madeon's Pixel Empire. It's being used to divert our attention to it. Plus it's honestly the first thing that I came up with when I saw it.

54 minutes ago, Iamaspaz said:

I don't care who is playable,if its filled with nostalgia,or anything. I just want a good game. Like,seriously, please let this game be good! I hope they work hard on this game...and I really hope it isn't big's big fishing adventure 3.

Do you honestly think none of the last four Sega Sonic games were good in some general capacity? I just hear this a lot- that people don't care a thing about any general design aspects unless the game is "good"- and I just feel the request for a good game is both too vague and a little bit archaic in light of the discernible improvement the games have made. What even is a good game in such a context if even perfectly serviceable and stable games like Colors and Gens don't qualify???

• Thumbs Up 8

4 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

The same quote mentions an Empire. Regardless if its a reference to Madeon's Pixel Empire. It's being used to divert our attention to it. Plus it's honestly the first thing that I came up with when I saw it.

No, they're all Madeon references.

"Empire" - Pixel Empire

"We Can Get It Back" - Back of the TECHNICOLOUR case, if memory serves

"Son of Daedalus" - Icarus

• Thumbs Up 3

Is the "add the numbers" another reference or is that maybe to do with the chain of numbers we already have?

Just now, Tracker said:

No, they're all Madeon references.

"Empire" - Pixel Empire

"We Can Get It Back" - Back of the TECHNICOLOUR case, if memory serves

"Son of Daedalus" - Icarus

I get that they are Madeon references but in this context Aaron or whoever did the tweet is using them as well to clue us in to more of the 25 anniversary game.

It might be worth mentioning that Madeon's most recent full album was called Adventure.

One time he even joked on Twitter that his next album should be called "Madeon Adventure 2 Battle" and the Sonic Twitter actually replied.

None of that is probably relevant at this point, but I still thought it was interesting. I've liked Madeon for a while and didn't know he was a Sonic fan in any capacity.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:

Do you honestly think none of the last four Sega Sonic games were good in some general capacity? I just hear this a lot- that people don't care a thing about any general design aspects unless the game is "good"- and I just feel the request for a good game is both too vague and a little bit archaic in light of the discernible improvement the games have made. What even is a good game in such a context if even perfectly serviceable and stable games like Colors and Gens don't qualify???

Now you know how SEGA feels...

Just now, Tails spin said:

I get that they are Madeon references but in this context Aaron or whoever did the tweet is using them as well to clue us in to more of the 25 anniversary game.

That is not a given. They said something was coming in February. At this point I expect this to hint at a Madeon/Sonic collab rather than the game.

Just now, Tracker said:

That is not a given. They said something was coming in February. At this point I expect this to hint at a Madeon/Sonic collab rather than the game.

I feel like we are running around in circles getting to the same conclusion so let's just leave it at that.

Oh neat. I don't know much about this Madeon guy but I followed him on Twitter anyway. :P Do you guys suppose he might help make a song (or a few) for the next Sonig game? And for anyone who has heard his music, do they have lyrics? Because it would be cool to have another Sonic game with a main vocal theme. 

Just now, ElectricAngel said:

Oh neat. I don't know much about this Madeon guy but I followed him on Twitter anyway. :P Do you guys suppose he might help make a song (or a few) for the next Sonig game? And for anyone who has heard his music, do they have lyrics? Because it would be cool to have another Sonic game with a main vocal theme. 

Some of his songs have lyrics, but only one by him. They're all amazing, regardless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Detective Hogfather said:

How many different numbers have we had teased so far? 

The answer is the number of playable characters in the next game.

...Or number of stages. Number of bosses? Who knows at the end of the day.

If the term "add the numbers" isn't a reference to one of the songs, then perhaps it means to add the numbers of the songs referenced in the text? Like the length of all of them together for instance? 

We've had 4, 1, 21, 3 and 7 I think (00 too, but how do you add that?)

Taken literally so far, that's 36. Um, totally important?

19 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

OK,I can see what your trying to say. But personally,colors was men to me,generations is just nostalgia:The game,Lost world was just insulting by how much it botched the characters,runners is broken,and sonic boom...needs to die.

Just now, Detective Reptiles said:

We've had 4, 1, 21, 3 and 7 I think (00 too, but how do you add that?)

Taken literally so far, that's 36. Um, totally important?

clearly it's "Sonic Adventure 3 releases in 2016"

• Thumbs Up 3

I just got a horrid feeling that Fire and Ice might be the only game coming out this year as the 25th Anniversary game while the project that Madeon's working on is a  big collabortative cover album...

• Thumbs Up 1