Awoo.

Crazy SU speedruns

turbojet

Japanese people are insane AWESOME

Fix'd.

Can you even IMAGINE how many times they must've practiced to do that?

You know how the old Sonic cartoons really over exaggerated Sonic's speed? Like... Sonic booms and blue blurs and stuff? ...that's what these videos remind me of.

But yeah, these runs are really amazing.

You should see his

He literally destroys the level in less than 9 minutes.

You should see his

He literally destroys the level in less than 9 minutes.

Eggmanland always took me more than 30 minutes to finish. Never really gave a sh*t about that stage, though. Still, those runs were simply awesome.

After seeing these speed runs, I feel like a very crap player. ._.;;

The Eggmanland one...how did that person? But anyway, he took many secret shortcuts that I didn't know...and what surprises me, he did it...with the stage entirely invisible....

Edited by Spicylicious

After seeing these speed runs, I feel like a very crap player. ._.;;

The Eggmanland one...how did that person? But anyway, he took many secret shortcuts that I didn't know...and what surprises me, he did it...with the stage entirely invisible....

You are not the only one. The Abadat one was incredible because the guy didn't take advantage of any of the glitches. He just used clever ways to find shortcuts.

Lets just make this thread the fastest speed runs on the net.

This guy just shit on Dragon Road

Huge glitch in Rooftop Run

...damn

Edited by turbojet

How do they freaking do that?!

Man, that is incredible! Is this just genetics that determine those Asian reflexes seen in Kung Fu films, or do these gamers eat a special kind of Sushi that they have never shared with anyone else outside of Japan?

Oh. My God.

I know of all the shortcuts in thse videos but I've never seen snaking on water, using invisible barriers in 2D sections or hopping and immediately boosting. It's incredible. And yet it seems to use legit methods. Now i'm not for taking advantage of game engines to gain an unfair advantage (I don't like Wavedashing in SSBM) but sliding in Unleashed is a legit method and is encouraged by the game itself, hence why I can forgive snaking in this manner. If you ask me, it makes it more graceful and admirable.

This is precisely why speedruns by human players pwn anything tool assisting can produce - It shows pure unadulterated skill.

In terms of gauging a player's skill, I really don't understand the appeal of speed-runs. Obviously these people wouldn't do it if they didn't enjoy it in some freakish way, but you have to remember that not everybody enjoys spending hours upon hours perfecting a level they're going to have to memorize backwards and forwards hundreds of times; this is certainly something none of you are obligated to do to get maximum enjoyment of the game, and there's no shame in playing levels at a normal pace while making mistakes along the way. I know I enjoy my games way more when I'm relaxed, rather than constantly time-grinding and playing levels over and over again until my mind gets numb enough to where I become desensitized to boredom (which I find I tend to do for certain RPGs).

So yeah. Enjoy these and all, but you don't have to feel your skills at the game are any worse.

Edited by Jake

It depends on what you call legit methods, Verte. As soon as you start abusing the level design (2D/3D glitches, passing through walls) I think it stops counting. Play it the way you supposed to is what I say.

It depends on what you call legit methods, Verte. As soon as you start abusing the level design (2D/3D glitches, passing through walls) I think it stops counting. Play it the way you supposed to is what I say.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

As I said, I don't like taking advantage of the game engine's unforseen 'quirks', that is, playing the way the developers hadn't anticipated by making use of the way the engine renders movement and physics weirdly (The aforementioned Wavedashing in SSBM) BUT Sonic Team gave players the ability to slide on water (It's a vital skill in 360/PS3 Adabat if you're speeding through it) and the way snaking was pulled off here commanded skill. It isn't an ultra cheesy and cheap ability.

I gotta say though that the later vids in this topic do seem to be utilising glitches a bit. They show that speeding isn't enough though, the guy got a B on Dragon Road.

Edited by Verte

Here's kinda the equivalent, except in the Wii version. This (and the other videos) are the fastest runs I've seen for the Wii version. The daytime stages, at least.

And... wow. Those speed runs are incredible.

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine

You know how the old Sonic cartoons really over exaggerated Sonic's speed? Like... Sonic booms and blue blurs and stuff? ...that's what these videos remind me of.

What do you mean? Sonic really can move that fast, it's not an over exaggeration, When Sonic's normal blue he can go hyper sonic speeds, that's his top speed (incase you don't know what that is, it's beyond supersonic speed's) and when he's super, he travel's at the speed of light and for those of you that disagree, trust me... he moves at the speed of light I really wish I can find that profile of him. In my opinion, I bet he could reach the speed of light while normal too if he collects enough rings because the more rings he get's the stronger and faster he becomes. and to tell ya the truth no one really knows what Super Sonic is truley capable of. Boy, those Chaos Emeralds ain't no joke. Unlimited power...heh yeah.. SIGN ME UP!!!

Oops my bad, I guess i got waaayyy off topic here, sorry I geek out like that, I am a Sonic fanatic, lol. But yeah, those vids are wicked.

Edited by Segamaster

My god that Eggman Land one was insane. It took me well over an hour to beat that hell of a level and he did it in under 9 minutes. If this game had an online leaderboard then he would be right up at number 1.

What do you mean? Sonic really can move that fast, it's not an over exaggeration, When Sonic's normal blue he can go hyper sonic speeds, that's his top speed (incase you don't know what that is, it's beyond supersonic speed's) and when he's super, he travel's at the speed of light and for those of you that disagree, trust me... he moves at the speed of light I really wish I can find that profile of him. In my opinion, I bet he could reach the speed of light while normal too if he collects enough rings because the more rings he get's the stronger and faster he becomes. and to tell ya the truth no one really knows what Super Sonic is truley capable of. Boy, those Chaos Emeralds ain't no joke. Unlimited power...heh yeah.. SIGN ME UP!!!

Oops my bad, I guess i got waaayyy off topic here, sorry I geek out like that, I am a Sonic fanatic, lol. But yeah, those vids are wicked.

There is no way the game could let you run that fast and still provide you with a decent experience.

But what he's saying is this guy makes it almost look like the game can do it.

Seems like nobody bothered to read what I had to say in my last post!

In short, don't feel bad about your skills as gamers; you have your own way of enjoying the game, while these speed-runners have theirs. Speed runs aren't a guage of skill that everybody has to live up to. Not everybody loves memorizing levels day in and day out just to get the shortest time possible, and just because these guys can complete Eggmanland in 43 seconds doesn't mean you suck or that you have to do it in that time as well, unless you really want to. It's just all fun and games.

I'm pretty sure that nobody is actually killing themselves over their skills BUT DON'T RUIN THE DRAMATIC IMPACT OF THIS POST.

Edited by Jake