Awoo.

Sonic the Comic retrospective features in this months Games TM!

bolt7

I picked up my copy of Games TM from my local Tesco store today and, to my surprise, saw a four page article on Sonic the Comic in the retro section.

Games TM is a popular UK released multi-platform gaming magazine that is published each month, with Reviews, Previews and Articles on games and the industry as a whole. In my opinion, Games TM is the best gaming mag on the UK market along with their rivals, EDGE.

The Sonic the Comic article doesn't tell us anything ground-breakingly new, though provides an interesting read and shares a few words from Richard Elson, Nigel Kitching and Nigel Dobbyn. There are some lovely pictures of strips and a little tid-bit on Sonic the Comic Online too, something Games TM seem to enjoy themselves. It also mentions censorship within the series (something Dobbyn touched upon at Summer of Sonic with the Knuckles 'hanging' scene), what information was given to them by SEGA and their experiences throughout their time working on the comic.

The issue you're looking for is 87 (with Heavy Rain on the front cover) and the Sonic the Comic article is near the back. If you want, I can post scans for over-seas personal that might be interested in having a look, however I do recommended UK peeps invest a bit of money in Games TM as I feel their professionalism in writing is worth the

Edited by bolt7

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bolt7

• Adamis

• bcdcdude

• Paul Str337

Can you please scan the article? I've seen a few scans but they're tiny and I can't read what is written. Thanks in advance.

How ironic...I just cancelled my subscription to GamesTM! I've been a reader since issue #1, but the last couple of years, the magazine just bored me to tears. The only interesting bit was the retro bit at the back (they cover Sonic quite a bit actually - they did a 4 page section on the worst Sonic sidekick ever in the last 6 months...I believe Charmy Bee "won"). I get Retro Gamer instead now.

Still, i'll go to WHSmith's and check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

I can post scans for over-seas personal that might be interested in having a look, however I do recommended UK peeps invest a bit of money in Games TM as I feel their professionalism in writing is worth the

Sorry for the sudden absence and lack of scans. I'll get something up for you guys Thursday if no-one beats me too it, it's nearing 2am now and I'm a bit busy tomorrow. ;D

I wouldn't mind getting into Retro Gamer myself, it's advertised a lot in Games TM. It's written in the same offices or something isn't it?

I tried reading StC the other day and I found it to be so boring. I'd actually read Archie! (Not saying Archie is bad, I do like it and read it, but I wouldn't mind something in the SEGASonic universe)

Stiv: those scans are still a bit too tiny for me, cannot read anything xD

Eboni: which issues have you read? If you've only read the firsts issues, don't expect them to be great xD

Hmmm methinks I must pick this mag up.

It's nice to see people apart from those in forums remember the old comics, especially a magazine nice enough to have a feature on it, makes me wish the comic still continued, also thanks to SOS I have newfound respect for the comic, with it being handpainted which I only discovered when I brought a print, seriously its amazing, no wonder it inspired me to draw XD

Also I liked STC's way of comics, it meant a lot of cliffhangers in some strips but I guess that was my drive to always keep buying them ^^

wouldn't mind getting into Retro Gamer myself, it's advertised a lot in Games TM. It's written in the same offices or something isn't it?

I think it is. Either that, or the guy who used to the the editor for the GamesTM retro section became the Retro Gamer editor. It's worth a go - it's a very interesting read, and covers all bases! Awesome Asteriods cover this month too.

I've never read the European Sonic comics. I'm American, so I've only read the Archie ones, which I think are good, but I heard the European ones are much better. I might check the Comic section on this site to see if they have the European ones.