Awoo.

My world record was beaten :/

Louis

http://sonicstadium.org/news/guinness-world-records-clarifies-sonic-2-record/

So he "beat" me despite being two seconds slower because he only had two buttons available. Well, I beat his 22 second record, using ONE button. See the video here, it's the third run.

I want my golden joystick trophy ¬_¬.

Maybe i'll challenge him at next year's golden joystick awards, or SoS, I dunno xD.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Louis

• Dreadknux

• -Mark-

• Spanner

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the fact that it was done on a 360, not a MegaDrive, since the MD used the original hardware and the 360 was just emulated.

I think you should prepare yourself and show that guy what you're made of.

Honestly, I thought the whole thing was a little bit cheeky, despite the clarification (obviously I can't put that in the article :P). But, that's how it goes. Guinness don't do sponsored awards, which I believe, but if they truly thought doing a record on Sonic 2 on 360 would be of interest to anyone after they published a Mega Drive record... I don't know, maybe they need a few more hobbies. :3

That is a bit stupid. Surely, shouldn't it be for the fastest time in the level, regardless of console? It's still the same bloody game, after all.

If they want to get technical about number of buttons and whatnot, tell the guy to play the Mega Drive version. It's not like one version of the game has any speedup or slowdown issues that would unfairly affect it otherwise.

To call it a world record, the rules should have been for the controller to be able to utilize exactly 3 buttons for the spindash just like the original Genesis controller.

Personally I just believe that GWR are covering for a cockup :/.

Is there anything coming up in the community which I can invite the adjudicator to? I want to reclaim the record ¬_¬

Maybe i'll go to the golden joysticks next year :0

That is a bit stupid. Surely, shouldn't it be for the fastest time in the level, regardless of console? It's still the same bloody game, after all.

If they want to get technical about number of buttons and whatnot, tell the guy to play the Mega Drive version. It's not like one version of the game has any speedup or slowdown issues that would unfairly affect it otherwise.

The thing is there are differences in each version that can lead to different times. The most obvious one being the Mega Drive's spindash can be charged a lot faster than the 360 version.