Awoo.

[GAME] Project: Rouge 'Reasons why P:R should be made'

novelty

Project: Rouge =SSMB= Portal

Just like what the topic description is saying, this is an FPS nobody cared or waited for; yet I already fixed up my configuration for the game.

Desksite Screenshot:

screenshotf.th.png

Rose Corporation Logo:

amycorporation.th.png

Heads Up Display:

hud05.th.png

This game was formally called "SpyThief" because of Rouge's nature as a government spy/treasure hunter.

I have a lot more to post up later; it is just a batch of images and nothing else. Later on, I will start the Desksite as soon as finished. I just need help creating the game, and I got the engine down.

Reasons why Project:Rouge is a good idea (also repeats at my last post in this topic)

• Gives the Sonic "theme" dark...
    A darker Rouge, then? Not insane supervillainy... that's Eggman's land, but something a bit more cold and calculating, yes.
  • Creates more exposure to a lost character...
    I really do like Rouge; she's one of the most flexible characters in the entire series, aside from Sonic himself. She can handle serious plotlines and ridiculous ones with equal ease, she helps some of the more niche characters fit into stories more easily, her two jobs and sketchy morality give her an excuse to be anywhere at any time... it's almost odd that we've seen so little of her.
  • Action FPS gameplay style
    For someone who perfectly qualifies as the series Action Girl [Rouge], she has pretty much NEVER gotten any spotlight.

I think Rouge's gameplay needs to be reworked.
  • Demonstrates the real power of an ideal character
    In fact, Rouge is more of an ideal example of how Sonic characters should be used--not too little, not too much.
  • A different, in-depth story, far different from the classic 'Sonic beats Eggman, the end'
    What they could do better: Make her unpredictable but knowable, she should have a definite goal that is clear by the end of the story, but that goal should be somewhat independent from everyone else's, she's working for herself to help herself

And much, much more reasons.

Edited by Squirtle
  • Thumbs Up 1

A Rouge fangame, eh? Finally I see something that's even more distinctive than my own project. And as if that wasn't enough, you've even decided to make it in my favourite genre of all time.

You've certainly got my attention now. I want to see some screenshots or a trailer of some kind.

I didn't say I was anywhere near finished. I posted this topic to get help from anyone else who is willing to contribute to the game.

I didn't say I was anywhere near finished. I posted this topic to get help from anyone else who is willing to contribute to the game.

Ok, I'll bite. What help do you require? Concept art? Or game programming skills?

Ok, I'll bite. What help do you require? Concept art? Or game programming skills?

Oh, just a few Concept Art pieces is all I need. I am deciding to model the people myself and add texture. Also because of the engine I am using, mapping is easy.

I'll Put in your name/ artwork in the game, just PM me for the requests.

Edited by Loelin

Man, my curiousity is really itching... What kind of weapons will Rouge be using throughout her mission(s)?

If there's no sketches yet then it would still be awesome to see some of the plans in text form.

Man, my curiousity is really itching... What kind of weapons will Rouge be using throughout her mission(s)?

If there's no sketches yet then it would still be awesome to see some of the plans in text form.

One image this time, an experimental menu screen:

screenie1.png

This game will use the Genesis3D engine till I figure out the NeoAxis non-commer engine (Written in C#).

Edited by Loelin

What an exciting picture!

Urtheart: Read the SSN rules, your post must actually contribute something to the topic or work, consider this a friendly warning.

Although I don't have anything for you guys today (or for anyone....school). I now port the newest information on a free blog: http://novelty10.wordpress.com

The new blog features an FAQ and a reply section for more Questions and Answers.

Edited by Loelin

• 2 weeks later...

... "The Corporation of Rose" eh? :D

Well, I guess that it would be cute and amusing to see my beloved Amy taking the role of a successful businesswoman and/or taking Eggman's job as ambitious dictator for a change.

Sometimes such switcheroos can work miracles. ;)

I'm assuming that Amy will be the final boss which Rouge would need to take down. If that's the case then I will deliberately loose on the final stage once this thing gets finished. :P

But rest assured, I WILL download and play this whenver it becomes playable.

Hold on to your dream! Dreams are precious! Go at it bit by bit. Every Saturday morning.

Cheers!

Sweet! This sounds like an interesting project! I'll be sure to keep note of it. I don't really play that many fan games, but something about the concept really intrigues me, considering that I'm not much of a Rouge fan or Amy fan. (I'm cool with them, there just not my favorites.)

Keep it up man. This could be a winner!

Edited by ReindeerUnity

... "The Corporation of Rose" eh? :D

Well, I guess that it would be cute and amusing to see my beloved Amy taking the role of a successful businesswoman and/or taking Eggman's job as ambitious dictator for a change.

Sometimes such switcheroos can work miracles. ;)

I'm assuming that Amy will be the final boss which Rouge would need to take down. If that's the case then I will deliberately loose on the final stage once this thing gets finished. :P

But rest assured, I WILL download and play this whenver it becomes playable.

Hold on to your dream! Dreams are precious! Go at it bit by bit. Every Saturday morning.

Cheers!

Thing is, I am stuck on the lack of textures. All I need is textures and models for a working game, because I already have configured for the game and designing maps now..

Edited by Yoshimaru

• 1 month later...

Fabulous! It seems like a fusion of Unreal and Duke Nukem 3D from a first glance.

Will Rouge be muttering things randomly (in the same manner that Duke does) while blowing stuff up?

What music will you import for the background of those maps?

And yeah, definitely add more colorful textures along the way. :D

Fabulous! It seems like a fusion of Unreal and Duke Nukem 3D from a first glance.

Will Rouge be muttering things randomly (in the same manner that Duke does) while blowing stuff up?

What music will you import for the background of those maps?

And yeah, definitely add more colorful textures along the way. :D

Actually, that is the default weps/ textures. The Game Style should be nowhere near the style of Unreal and/or Duke Nukem 3D...

...Except the muttering part.

Hmmm... Well, I'll still download to take a peek anyways.

There's a saying which goes: "Don't judge a book by its cover", and I've adapted it to the form of: "Don't judge a game by its screenshot".

So yeah, all is good. :D

• 5 months later...

Reasons why Project:Rouge is a good idea

• Gives the Sonic "theme" dark...
    A darker Rouge, then? Not insane supervillainy... that's Eggman's land, but something a bit more cold and calculating, yes.
  • Creates more exposure to a lost character...
    I really do like Rouge; she's one of the most flexible characters in the entire series, aside from Sonic himself. She can handle serious plotlines and ridiculous ones with equal ease, she helps some of the more niche characters fit into stories more easily, her two jobs and sketchy morality give her an excuse to be anywhere at any time... it's almost odd that we've seen so little of her.
  • Action FPS gameplay style
    For someone who perfectly qualifies as the series Action Girl [Rouge], she has pretty much NEVER gotten any spotlight.

I think Rouge's gameplay needs to be reworked.
  • Demonstrates the real power of an ideal character
    In fact, Rouge is more of an ideal example of how Sonic characters should be used--not too little, not too much.
  • A different, in-depth story, far different from the classic 'Sonic beats Eggman, the end'
    What they could do better: Make her unpredictable but knowable, she should have a definite goal that is clear by the end of the story, but that goal should be somewhat independent from everyone else's, she's working for herself to help herself

And much, much more reasons.

Edited by Squirtle