Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

2 things came to me this week.

First to come to me was this book:

303450_10150788112513892_648373891_9622259_80979655_n.jpg

Excellent shape in softback. From the looks of it, it was printed at the end of 1991, prior to the release of Sonic 2 (it features a preview of it). It also has some brilliant comics in there which relate to the games very well. Oh yeah... Robotnik also slips the word 'egg' into every sentance he remotely can. There's some derptastic imagery in it as well (will get around to scanning some time).

Secondly... was this:

536742_10150788112668892_648373891_9622261_1479689154_n.jpg

This was painted by my great aunt. She's done a fair few Sonic oil paintings for me. I love this one!

• Thumbs Up 6

This was painted by my great aunt. She's done a fair few Sonic oil paintings for me. I love this one!

That's fucking amazing! Can we see pics of the others?

• Thumbs Up 2

Certainly you can!

One thing to bear in mind that she's a 70 something year old going off of reference pictures, which is where you will see all sorts of interesting little quirks in her paintings.

The first two she did were very similar, but were both done in 1995. These two:

536889_10150639963273892_648373891_9287782_1521852462_n.jpg

I believe this one was done first (explains some of the slightly more 'off-proportions' such as the large nose). Love the style she's gone with though.

539581_10150636433108892_648373891_9278434_94988990_n.jpg

This one was done specially for my 5th birthday in 1995. It's dated there and it has my name on a tag hanging from Sonic's finger. There's a little more of it (including me opening it when I was 5 XD) in this video here:

(Skip to 1:54 if you want to see just the painting)

She took a break from painting Sonic for a while until I asked her to do another piece for the 15th anniversary. This one:

525068_10150636433893892_648373891_9278438_1937203199_n.jpg

Again, as you can see there are little touches in there that make it personal. Such as my name making it into the anniversary logo). One thing you'll even notice is that she forgot to take out the SA2B logo underneath the anniversary emblem!

Then there was the Robotnik painting she did this year (and she's doing a couple of generations inspired pieces this year as well)

Still, I love them all =)

• Thumbs Up 8

Mega Drive model 2 boxes were FLAT!! Wow. I remember my Genesis model one bow was a bulky mo-fo. No question as to what it was. But that MD box would throw me off. Looks like it could be a Hot Wheels race track when wrapped.

Oh dear God, that poster.

I know this is supposed to be about SONIC merchandise, but I remember having the pull-out posters from the Robot Wars magazines, and I had Matilda on my wall for years before it became too wreaked to use.

Still have my RW cards though. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

This just turned up today. Total whimpulse buy, but eh!

28984d63.jpg

This little dude arrived yesterday!

pP0nt.jpg

IxqC2.jpg

The Sonic 1 pose was tricky, because it looks wrong from every angle but this one. It's sort of an optical illusion. I recall the classic Sonic in the Generations statue room had this pose, and it looked odd from other angles.

oHmY5.jpg

FrCsD.jpg

PASzi.jpg

Update from yesterdays post, I printed out a strip of Splash Hill to tape along the side of my floating shelf. Now it looks like a floating platform!

qRv5z.jpg

Here's the original file (CMYK, 11x17") if you want to try it yourself. All you need is scissors and double sided tape: http://i.imgur.com/13YlL.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

I have to say Barry I really enjoy when you get something new because you display them in such creative ways. Nice work! Also seeing how cool that looks put me over the edge on wanting that figure. I ordered one for $50 total, was that a good price? I'm not sure what you guys were paying for the thing.

Edited by speedfreak
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have to say Barry I really enjoy when you get something new because you display them in such creative ways. Nice work! Also seeing how cool that looks put me over the edge on wanting that figure. I ordered one for $50 total, was that a good price? I'm not sure what you guys were paying for the thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yup, shipping is already included in the $50. I was worried I over paid because I went with ebay. Thanks for the answer. I look forward to printing out the Splash Hill pattern for my figure.

Non SONIC but it's SEGA =D

pEphd.jpg

Picked up SEGA Rally Championship and DAYYYYYYYYYYYYTOOOONNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA USA today in Manchester smile.png. Saw Sonic Pocket Adventure, really wanted to get it but I didn't because I don't have a Neo Geo Pocket

Edited by Shaddix Bryan
  • Thumbs Up 3

Been staring at these every time I've gone into ASDA for a while now... finally caved and came home with one today:

DSCF2678.png

Bit on the short side, but I can just about get away with it even if it is from the kids department. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Saw Sonic Pocket Adventure, really wanted to get it but I didn't because I don't have a Neo Geo Pocket

Man, unless you see that game a lot you should've picked it up anyways, just to make sure you have it. I know I would have. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, unless you see that game a lot you should've picked it up anyways, just to make sure you have it. I know I would have. tongue.png

I did see a Neo Geo but I don't have enough money to get one, also I don't get a console purely for one game I'm barely gonna play :P

Anyone have a good site to get the Nendoroid? Been on a Sonic shopping spree lately and i wanna find a good price since i'm in the US shipping might be high.

I did see a Neo Geo but I don't have enough money to get one, also I don't get a console purely for one game I'm barely gonna play tongue.png

You didn't have £30? Unless the one place selling the Neo Geo Pocket I know of just sells them really cheap...

Been staring at these every time I've gone into ASDA for a while now... finally caved and came home with one today:

Bit on the short side, but I can just about get away with it even if it is from the kids department. tongue.png

That looks awesome Lucky!

I was meaning to comment on Lucky's photo. Mostly to say that she looked adorable.

But it sounded awkward in my head, and still does as I type this.

Anyone have a good site to get the Nendoroid? Been on a Sonic shopping spree lately and i wanna find a good price since i'm in the US shipping might be high.

I bought from this ebay seller and I give them a 10/10. Very fast shipping, good price. It's $54 total to the US which isn't too much more than what it costs on some of those anime statue sites. Difference is maybe $5? And its way easier to place an order. Plus, most of those anime statue sites are now sold out. I ordered on April 27th, figure arrived May 10th.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Good-Smile-Company-Nendoroid-Sonic-The-Hedgehog-Sega-/160797754263?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25704b0397#ht_801wt_1358

This has been loooooong overdue!

Part 1 to my new additions to my collection......

Part 2......

And finally, part 3......

• Thumbs Up 1

Found these awesome Sonic & Tails shot glasses at Spencers yesterday. Four in a 20th anniversary branded box, $15 total. I really like the sprite choices and the colored bottoms of the glasses. :)

fXsbL.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

So, I got some stuffs out and about. Not all of it is directly related to Sonic, but whatever. I'll have an image or two, and the cost of the product.

So first up, is a more well-known game to the Sonic fandom;

BKeeJ.jpg

An original unboxed copy of Sonic Triple Trouble with a plastic Game Gear cartridge case. It cost much more than the 3DS port at £10, but it is retro.

BWJjs.jpg

An original boxed copy of Sonic N for the Nokia N-Gage (aka the mobile port of Sonic Advance). Often forgotten, although probably one of the most well-known Sonic mobile games.

jqXjk.jpg

I'm impressed with what I got. The game, the original box, the manual, the N-Gage operation guide and even a plastic case that fits in two N-Gage games, all for £5.

And lastly, least related to Sonic and foreshadowed yesterday...

HdhFt.jpg

An original Neo Geo Pocket, with box and operations manual. This thing is pretty sweet for being 13 years old.

ubLwu.jpg

The store even provided a battery and I can confirm that it works. My horoscope according to that thing was 3/5 in health, romance and general, and 4/5 in money. Neat! The one thing about it that pertains to Sonic, though? Sonic Pocket Adventure is one of the few NGPC games that the NGP can't play. What most people don't tell you is that you need the Colour version of the NGP for that. It was the priciest item of the lot at £30.

And, that's about it for today.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just realised that I'd picked up a few other cool things recently that I hadn't got round to posting here. The Nendoroid for one thing...

Nendoroid.png

...Which I've since opened and decided is probably my favourite figure ever, just because it's so much fun to play around with. Plus he's adorable.

Rucksack.png

Grabbed that rucksack from someone in Japan, who ironically had got it while they were in the UK years ago. Never seen it for sale before, but it's quite awesome! Probably not something I'd use on a regular basis just because I'd be paranoid of something happening to it, although I'll probably take it along to SoS at least.

zvi3q.png

Not a major update, but I got a new pin - the Sonic nearest to the bottom. Don't have the motivation to rearrange them all so there's space for it with the other Sonics right now, so he'll probably just be stuck there until I get a few more. tongue.png

And the last thing isn't Sonic, but still quite awesome:

SegataFigure.png

Segata Sanshiro action figure! biggrin.png Unfortunately the box was a lot more beaten up than they'd said it was, but I've been after it for years and was quite glad to finally get a hold of one all the same. Oh, and I've already packed it away or else I'd have taken a photo, but I also got a hold of a mint STC Poster Mag #8 (a very hard one to find) as my own copy was about the only issue I had that wasn't mint. Woo!

I was meaning to comment on Lucky's photo. Mostly to say that she looked adorable.

But it sounded awkward in my head, and still does as I type this.

Haha, thanks. *blush*

• Thumbs Up 1