Awoo.

ARTWORK: Super Meow in Litterbox Land

Meow

Whoa, I started on the front page and scrolled down. o_O Your progress is documented really well in this topic, y'know? It went from great interbutts artist to serious comic-book cover artist. XD Amazing, man! Also, the 'hot' (literally!) chick's sword dealeo reminds me a bit of Soul Edge. =D

(EDIT: I realize that it's not fire on her, but I'm willing to bet that lightning is at least warm XD)

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 1

Haha thanks man! I am really glad you think that way of my progress :). I draw all the time/work hard with drawing to try and get really good. I still think I've got a little bit more ways to go before I get comfortable being a big time comic artist or anything. I -am- however going to be packaging a pitch. I might try sending one out to Image comics soon since they seem to be the most open to creator-owned books, and then we'll see what the response back is.

And actually that's not a sword! It sort of looks like one but it opens up in the center there and fires out energy blasts so its an arm cannon :D!

• 3 weeks later...

logotrans.png

So I've been working on this comic for a bit now. It's called Death King, I finally got the site up. The comic itself is not yet finished but here have some teasers of WIP stuff.

cover.jpg

cover (major work in progress)

PAGE1-17.jpg

page 1 WIP

PAGE2-19.jpg

Page 2 B/W

PAGE3-18.jpg

page 3 B/W

PAGE4-15.jpg

Page 4 WIP

PAGE12.jpg

Page 12 WIP

tumblr_lp6zfvXZgR1qlnz6fo1_r1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1312193572&Signature=v%2FFRg77a1enQtBxGLvCSu5jGhW8%3D

Teaser/Concept art for the story arc I am gonna start either in issue 2 or 3. We'll see. I am still trying to finish issue 1!

• Thumbs Up 2

PAGE12.jpg

I'm really liking this shot here. owo It's really imaginative and has a large sense of scale. The other stuff is epic too.

Edited by Inferno

Thanks man, I appreciate it :D. I like that page as well so far. I realized that is the textless version of it too by mistake. With the text on it Aysel (the chick) takes a few jabs at Dmitri (the little short guy) after he complains about her walking too fast.

Edited by Punk

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/8935612894/1/tumblr_lpy81zMGYW1qlnz6f

Finally got page 1 done. Just haven't had the time really to work on it!

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/8293647367/1/tumblr_lp6zfvXZgR1qlnz6f

Also a sketch of Dmitri under the cloak (more or less for my own reference)

tumblr_lp8qu2zsQx1qlnz6fo1_500.jpg

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/8985541289/1/tumblr_lq08zk0jRr1qlnz6f

Clydesdale Horse belongs to a friend of mine but I drew him because we were in an OC together. I also drew Aysel.

Also sorry about all the URLs, for some reason SSMB -used- to let me post images linked to from tumblr but now it says it can't let me do that (Star Fox). Only one of the images seems to work.

I agree with Inferno! Really epic stuff man. :D You've evolved so much as an artist. YOU GROW UP SO FAST. ='D

Haha thanks man, I really appreciate it. Means a lot to me especially since you were there all the way back when I was just doing cruddy fanart all the time. You've seen me grow over the years so your feedback means quite a bit :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Banner I made with a friends character (the dude with the hat ) and Aysel from Death King. VOID is this place where people draw rad comics and its where Death King sort of got its start so It didn't seem wierd for me to put Aysel on it as well.

void__sketch_banner_by_jaxomatik-d46q6v6.jpg

page one of Death King is now all finished and stuff:

death_king__page_1_finished_by_jaxomatik-d4732rt.jpg

Some Badwolf stuff (my other comic idea I can never seem to get going):

84365341a67a3c5303b8c1a9330b43dd-d47e1ap.jpg

Mythos Zero sketch:

zeromythos.jpg

And a sketch of Aysel from my comic:

Aysel2.jpg

Thanks for taking a look smile.gif

Edited by Punk

death_king__page_2_by_jaxomatik-d48heqc.jpg

Felt a bit experimental on this page :). Really like the results of it too. It was definitely a nice change of pace compared to page one haha.

• Thumbs Up 2

blink.png ...wow...just, wow.

I'm speechless...seriously...I can't think of anything to say.

I've never seen such care and detail put into something that isn't sold for a reasonable sum at all good stores near you before. I would say you have the talent to become a professional and make lots of money. In 10 years time we could be watching "Death King" The Movie.

The character designs are fab too. You can tell straight away that she's gonna be kicking all kinds of posterior.

I don't know what it is, but this is the second time today that you've inspired me. I need to work on my original characters more. Then maybe we can become rivals, although I have alot of work to do before I can possibly consider myself your equal.

What I'm trying to say is, your work is awesome! biggrin.png

Thanks a lot dude, your words made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside smile.png. I appreciate the compliments!

Dude, you ARE warm and fuzzy inside. Just reminding you, cause I mean...you forgot about that time when you turned your insides into a carpet...

I guess...

Edited by Aptiva

Oh yeah! How could I have forgotten that ohmy.png!!

Issue2Concept.jpg

Late night drawin'.

Its almost 3:30am I should go to bed.

Edited by Punk

bbb282f7bc32b9db9a6d2cdf9b89f569-d49ebg2.jpg

75d8332853eb117c14250a167177d129-d49ebh7.jpg

Something that started off as a really stupid joke but now the guy I was joking with about it and I wanna do something with it.

These were just sketches that I ended up colouring too so they're not 100% super clean but I tried to keep the sketches clean enough while drawing them this time.

Hahaha thanks!

mgvmg__jester_by_jaxomatik-d49i53t.jpg

ANOTHER ONE LOL. Didn't mean to do it in red...but it ended up that way, gonna probably change it to purple or something! We'll see.

Yes I am having fun with this. Its also been a great exercise because I haven't been putting a sketch layer underneath andhave just been doing the drawing as I've gone along pretty much. Not to say I haven't erased bits along the way of course, but I've been trying to get cleaner sketches and this is how I'm going about it.

Aha! That sounds like a good exercise for sure! =)

(also, those boobs look like they could fire lasers....!)

• Thumbs Up 1

Sure! Why not? Boob lasers could be a good weapon haha.

This is the one for today, was a bit tired when making it haha.

edit: removed this picture because it sucked

Yes I am trying to do these daily right now, I doubt that'll hold up but we'll see.

Edited by Punk

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while! So you know what that means... art dump time!

2iu73bl.jpg

3D Model I made for class, it was the lowest poly I had done to this point and that is it with the unfinished textures. They're mega close to being done though. I designed the character, he was supposed to be an enemy in a class project but that project got totally screwed up by unreliable people.

In fact, here are the designs I did for the main character and enemies and environments in one handy tumblr post. I did these in a weekend! I cranked hard on that project and was pretty much the sole designer, too bad others had to ruin that excitement of mine.

rw5umc.jpg

Ah, Badwolf, my super slow comic project that I can never seem to get off the ground properly. It slowly is heading towards a direction I like but it'll take a while. I wrote up two VERY long posts on tumblr about it which you can read if you so desire (it also has artwork). The tumblr posts are a very good indicator of my skill progression since the very start of 2010 I think. You can read those here: Part One and Part Two.

Some Mecha Girls stuff:

2wbthl1.jpg

Decided on combining elements of the shark girl with a tiger girl I ended up drawing and so I'm still fleshing out this particular design. This is for my main character of the story that me and a friend are writing right now, and one that I hope to start in 2012 drawing wise. Here is some more rough sketches of those concepts...

ohmelg.jpg

i2lxds.jpg

Now for some Death King related shenanigans.

deathking-2.jpg

Here is a couple of paintchat doodles. One is Aysel, from the main comic, and the other is a new character from a side series I started for 24 hour comics day AND I will be doing a sequel chapter for a comics anthology next year of it as well. The side story for 24hour comics day is called xRAPIDFIRE (pronounced Cross-Rapidfire) and the sequel story will be called xxRapidfire (called Double-Cross Rapidfire). I've joked that if I continue the story past that and into the xxxRAPIDFIRE the name would probably mislead a lot of people haha. Anyway... here is a few pages of the 24 hour comic smile.png. I can post the rest if anyone is interested (a link to read it anyway, not all on here) but pretty much the other 19 pages are all sketchy and unfinished due to the time limit. It gives a bit of insight into some of the events of the main comic and this one takes place about a year before the main comic's events start.

page1-18.jpg

page2-20.jpg

page3-20.jpg

page4-18.jpg

page5-10.jpg

Page 3 is my favourite out of that so far!

sketches-5.jpg

Just some sketches and a really crappy quick tone thrown over it.

Aaaaand some character concepts done prior to starting 24hr comics for both the spinoff and main comic. You can see here that this is where Magnas, the fire dude in the 24hr comic, came to be.

ideas-1.jpg

I'm still workin' on them, but I'll pretty much use them all except for the pinky purple girl in the bottom right.

and I am sure I got more floating around somewhere but w/e. Its getting late.

Edited by Meow
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

1774dc4bbeb2d2dd3547da2af73b9e71-d3g18br.jpg

I don't think I posted this here yet, surprised I didn't. I figure you guys might like this sketch. I drew it in a few minutes waiting for tax stuff to be done and quickly scanned and threw the colours + Generations BG on it before class started the next day. Its a few months old and rough around the edges but here is some fanart (which I rarely do anymore).

panels.jpg

And here is a WIP of the new page 2 to my comic (the other two coloured pages I linked to before, if I did in this thread, are now page 3 and 4).

• Thumbs Up 2

I like how you can call things "Little doodles" but they're better than a lot of official art for things I've seen around. I really hope you become a comic artist, even not as a full time job, but you'd do fuckin' amazingly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Secret Santas from this year:

7d08088fc212de0db639024cfd5ef538-d4k64t9.jpg

dd34cd9e90e19a758388384e3565e406-d4k64ps.jpg

and a wintery sketch.

holiday_sketch_by_jaxomatik-d4koksf.jpg

And more shiiiiiet on my art only tumblr: http://nightmaremachine.tumblr.com/

And some page (17): ee2995405c9e9a5909f7aa0d8514af25-d4ikirv.jpg

Been kinda busy to be honest the last little while with life. I'm hoping to say 'fuck that shit' and just start knocking off my projects in 2012 one by one as fast as I can.

• Thumbs Up 3