Awoo.

ARTWORK: Super Meow in Litterbox Land

Meow

Been kinda busy to be honest the last little while with life. I'm hoping to say 'fuck that shit' and just start knocking off my projects in 2012 one by one as fast as I can.

YOU CAN DOES IT! =D Believe in the Kamina that believes in you!

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, this thread is humbling. Good lord man, if we do a blood infusion will I gain your perspective and anatomy skills?

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks man, I've come a long way in a relatively short amount of time mainly just due to working my butt off and practicing. I mainly only used to draw Sonic fanart up until the butt end of 2009 basically.

Here is where I was around the start of September 2009:

p1copy.png

Compared to where I am now I'd say it's quite the drastic leap. So it's not like I was inherently good, all I could really draw at the time was Sonic fanart. Which I decided to move as far away from as I possibly could and started drawing my own stuff bit by bit and I'm where I am now.

Anyway, been working on an entry to an anthology cover contest on a site I'm on:

tumblr_lxd17hWyJT1qlnz6fo1_500.jpg

Still massive WIP.

Wow. Definitively not what I expected to see in here. But a nice surprise nonetheless!

I really love of the dynamic feel present in many of your work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks a lot guys for the kind words!

Wow. Definitively not what I expected to see in here. But a nice surprise nonetheless!

Yeah I kind of fly under the radar all stealth-like. Also its cool to see you're still around, I don't think I've really seen your username much since like...2006 when we were working on Concept-Mobius all those years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha. Yeah, I've been rather away from the surface of the Internet lately.

Was hoping to participate more in the community and I thought this place, where most of my first activities started would be a good start.

In any case, do continue the good work, Jax. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

you know i've been a closet artist for the longest, always scared to show my proper style because i think its not good enough and fails in comparison to the amazing artist's out there... but looking at your stuff is really making me consider shedding all that excess doubt and starting fresh, showing everyone exactly what i'm made of... but how do you stick to your own style..? everytime i try, it varies and is always changing, one minute i draw anthro...the next i draw simplistic lanky cartoony style with thin linework, i just don't know where to go or what to focus on...

do you have any advice for me? it's kinda weird to say... but i think i may have found my idol ;//_//;

Edited by Freckles

you know i've been a closet artist for the longest, always scared to show my proper style because i think its not good enough and fails in comparison to the amazing artist's out there... but looking at your stuff is really making me consider shedding all that excess doubt and starting fresh, showing everyone exactly what i'm made of... but how do you stick to your own style..? everytime i try, it varies and is always changing, one minute i draw anthro...the next i draw simplistic lanky cartoony style with thin linework, i just don't know where to go or what to focus on...

do you have any advice for me? it's kinda weird to say... but i think i may have found my idol ;//_//;

Hey, thanks for all the kind words. The last bit made my face red heh :)

Anyway I think a lot of it is definitely a lot of trial and error, and the fact that your style is changing all the time is a good thing. You're experimenting with the things that inspire you and that's great. Being flexible in what you can do is definitely not something to be disappointed in! I totally know where you are coming from since I tend to doodle sometimes things in a different style than what I usually put on the internet these days. My style is constantly evolving too and I draw in inspirations from new things all the time. We as artists take in what we like and regurgitate it back out along with all our other influences to make something to call our own. I think you're pretty much on the right track, just keep drawing! Eventually something will just 'click' :).

I'd say just keep looking at life and drawing from life, as well as looking at works that inspire you and figure out what it is you like about it, and just keep drawing + try new things. I tend to just fly by the seat of my pants and I love to experiment with new things when they begin to inspire me. A lot of how I draw is a mish-mash of all those things together my own personal flair coming out too. Hope that helps some, even if most of it is just telling you to draw lots, but that's how its worked for me.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey, thanks for all the kind words. The last bit made my face red heh smile.png

Anyway I think a lot of it is definitely a lot of trial and error, and the fact that your style is changing all the time is a good thing. You're experimenting with the things that inspire you and that's great. Being flexible in what you can do is definitely not something to be disappointed in! I totally know where you are coming from since I tend to doodle sometimes things in a different style than what I usually put on the internet these days. My style is constantly evolving too and I draw in inspirations from new things all the time. We as artists take in what we like and regurgitate it back out along with all our other influences to make something to call our own. I think you're pretty much on the right track, just keep drawing! Eventually something will just 'click' smile.png.

I'd say just keep looking at life and drawing from life, as well as looking at works that inspire you and figure out what it is you like about it, and just keep drawing + try new things. I tend to just fly by the seat of my pants and I love to experiment with new things when they begin to inspire me. A lot of how I draw is a mish-mash of all those things together my own personal flair coming out too. Hope that helps some, even if most of it is just telling you to draw lots, but that's how its worked for me.

thanks a lot, i figured you'd say that xD its nice knowing you actually responded though, i guess i'm just a lost artist in this world trying to find their foothold, i draw similar things to you, just more "Death-like" so bones and shizz, where'as you're more of a mecha fan by the looks of it... i'm curious... do you do Art Trades? or Collaborations? it would be an honour to do one with you sometime if so, then maybe we can bat some tips back and forth? because there is always something another artist admires about another artist's work c¦:

i might make a thread here on SSMB showcasing some of my art maybe...

Edited by Freckles
  • Thumbs Up 1

no worries, i figured you'd say that too! xD yes maybe i will... i used to draw all the time, but then i stopped so i'm kinda rusty again, blargh.

we'll see, in the meantime you mr *pokes nose* keep up the work <3

SHAKE SHAKE

Marina.jpg

ClancerStuff.jpg

In a really early design state. But I figure throughout this year I wanted to tackle a 3D Project. I don't have tons of time for one at the moment, but for throughout the year instead. Today made me go "I want a Mischief Makers Remake or a sequel" and I know it is out of my reach to make one of those because I am the stupid when it comes to writing code and all that jazz. But what I -can- do is make 3D models of shit and put them in game engines (okay...well...game engine, I only know how to import into UDK for now). I will admit a little of it was also me a bit being inspired by Exo's stuff with his Sonic 3DS Max shiz that this idea started to formulate.

Anyway, I am not trying to stay 100% true to the original artwork/designs. Not that I dislike them, but I do want to add my own flair to the mix. So that is what I am doing.

I have no clue when I'll actually have 3D models to show. But they'll all be made to be game ready models, so I'll probably give myself a polygon limit for each thing. Marina would have the highest count, and everything else will be lower in order of importance. So yeah. I'll have more stuff to whenever I can squeeze in the time I guess.

Aside from that here are some coloured pages of my comic I'm still working on:

294cef602c88adda3d4d904b95443df8-d4nn5i9.jpg

AND MORE ON TUMBLR

Werd.

• Thumbs Up 5

@_@ All the different stylllessss <3

Places that need an artist should be fighting over you any minute now... xD

• Thumbs Up 2

Haha thanks dude :)!

I wish they'd fight over me, that'd be fun to watch. I'd record it and put it on youtube and call it ARTIWARS. It'd be a throwback reference title ways to days of old, to make sure that longtime viewers of my life don't get alienated. Thurrs sumthin foar evreewan.

• Thumbs Up 1

It'd be fantastic, and all you'd need then would be motion controls and a Wii release date!

• Thumbs Up 1

misc__ghost_girl_by_jaxomatik-d4o6wkk.jpg

Late night drawing. Kinda just...happened haha. Of a ghost girl I made, she ends up in a supernatural prison and in there she meets some crazy people. Like a parody of Jason Statham. Or so the idea in my head goes, kinda Dead Leaves-ish. Came out super Anime but that was kinda what I was going for :)

• Thumbs Up 5

Thanks man haha.

Doing a daily draw on another forum, and I happened to start late so...uhh, I have catching up to do. And the easiest thing for me to think to draw in such an occasion is fanart. So here is the rare moment where I draw a shit ton of fanart.

Zero.jpg

A crappy sketch of Zero, kinda of went halfway between old and new but it turned out like poop!

Sonic-3.jpg

Sonic

And then I started warming up some and kinda experimented a tiny bit:

Zero2.jpg

ZERO (again)

Leviathan.jpg

Leviathan because Leviathan is the best. Also I realize I accidentally signed it with a '11 rather than a '12, OOPS. I can't believe I am -still- doing that...

I have 3 more to draw before I am all caught up, and then I'll have to do another drawing later on in the day to be fully on track.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really love that pose and expression on the second ZERO there. Just the proportions and curve on the guy make it so badass, >D

• Thumbs Up 2