Awoo.

Sonic at Alton Towers thread of... HOORAY!

Badnik Mechanic

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting... Some theming has been removed from the immediate area to Sonic Spinball.

11143453_891146520955793_913339958636749

Those squares on the ground are where foam floor decorations used to be. Pics here:

sonic1040.JPG

It's not like Alton Towers to outright remove theming mid-season... I wonder if something is happening?

I hope it doesn't go. I wanna go to that Sonic hotel one day, but that would probably be years away and it might be taken down when the time comes.

• 2 weeks later...

So Alton recently made alterations to the fence at Sonic Spinball's line.

crip9UR.jpgs3XIyXM.jpg

Epic craftsmanship.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well yeah... I just this second posted a pic of the ride.

I hope it doesn't go. I wanna go to that Sonic hotel one day, but that would probably be years away and it might be taken down when the time comes.

I thought the Sonic hotel had long since been redecorated. I could be wrong though :(

Also, it's old news now (probably not worth covering on TSS) but it looks like Sonic Spinball had a crash at AT as well:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/second-alton-towers-rollercoaster-crashes-9576832
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/sonic-spinball-crash---alton-9578467 

Owww erm... that's a bit of a sore subject for a certain staffer.

The ride didn't crash. A carriage shunted into another like they're supposed to and a newspaper lied/made up a story about a crash.

Oh really? Blimey. Well ignore me (and this thing) then. I guess local newspapers have been jumping all over Alton Towers lately to try and make a story out of this, eh?

Yeah basically the cars bump into each other when they get to the station and in this case something happened but nobody quite knows what, but it doesn't seem to be serious at all.

However the witnesses are either no named people e.g. 'A mother and he Daughter' or have mysteriously vanished. 

E.g. the twitter accounts who claimed a crash have either been deleted or set into private after people started to question it.

Was actually thinking about putting a story up about how nothing happened except for the coaster transforming into a mech to stop a giant from taking the princess.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...