Awoo.

Austalian Sonic stage show

Teoleulbogo

Okay I just recently heard about this and I wanted to hear what you all think.

So Sega had a themepark made in Australia(Sega World) and decided to hold a stage show every now and then. So here's a summary of the plot:

The Freedom Fighter, Sonic, Tails, and Sally, have discovered Robotnick has went to conquer Australia, and go to stop him. While Sonic and Tails search for Robotnick, Robotnick captures Princess Sally and plans to use her as bate to catch Sonic. During Sally's capture Robotnick confesses that he loves Sally(let that soak in for a bit)and that he wants her to love him back. So Sonic and Tails pulls an AoStH and desguise as docters to sneak Robotnick a sleeping potion telling him it's a love potion. Sonic wins, Robotnick sleeps, Sally freed, and bomb defused(never mentioned a bomb before but whatever)

So yea, what do you have to say about this.

P.S. It's a musical adventure :mellow:

I actually saw bits and pieces of that show back when Sega World Australia was still running. Kinda wish I hadn't. Even at that age it was just too corny for my liking. XD

The Freedom Fighter, Sonic, Tails, and Sally, have discovered Robotnick has went to conquer Australia, and go to stop him. While Sonic and Tails search for Robotnick, Robotnick captures Princess Sally and plans to use her as bate to catch Sonic. During Sally's capture Robotnick confesses that he loves Sally(let that soak in for a bit)and that he wants her to love him back. So Sonic and Tails pulls an AoStH and desguise as docters to sneak Robotnick a sleeping potion telling him it's a love potion. Sonic wins, Robotnick sleeps, Sally freed, and bomb defused(never mentioned a bomb before but whatever)

Please tell me that was a joke plot you pulled out of nowhere. There's no way in hell that's the real plot.

Robotnik's snore song wins all.

The voices though, augh, the voices!

I used to own the Sonic in Sydney Soundtrack CD until I stupidly sold it along with my precious Arcade CD at SoS '09 ;_;

Wonder if any board members actually went and saw it, I remember SEGA Land from when I was younger, but it closed down before I ever went there (someone i know did go tho, although i can't remember who they got me a cool sonic figure, even if it's arms fell off)

So yeah.

That's the plot? Wow, sounds pretty retarded and a musical? The voices weren't good I bet. Though I can't help but to compare this to TMNT: Coming Out of Their Shells, except not as big/popular and a lower budget, probably on same level unless someone says otherwise.

Edited by AdventChild

Lulz, That stage show was epic, I Never saw it, but i did find a zip of the album a year or 2 ago, Which had the whole show in mp3 format, aswell as the songs in it, one of which i actually adore XD but i did pass it on to Fastfeet, So its probably on Fastfeet Media now :D

I remember all of the musical pieces being played on the radio for last year's SAGE website - at the time myself along with apparently quite a few others had no idea what the hell we were listening to, but somehow my ears were glued as the plot just kept getting more and more ridiculous. You know it's pretty bad when the contents of the songs are so corny they make Sonic Underground's sound all sorts of extreme. Just don't think about Robotnik + Sally too much or your brain may explode; that sort of shipping in a musical adventure is no doubt much more scarring than even the most graphic Rule 34 of the two.

So THAT"s where these songs come from...

As for the show....oh dear. I never fully liked the idea of Sonic costumes, they make the characters look so out of proportion but....a stage show of them? It can only be cringeworthy.

P.S. It's a musical adventure :mellow:

Wow, all this needs is a rapping named Fritz and we're good to go! :lol:

I really wish I could have seen this when it was up and running, but the plot is just so corny that I love it!

I actually went looking for info on this a while back and heard the same recording Stasis posted above. It's got a definite so bad its good quality to it, Sally sounds like Bunnie. I heard the show was done with puppets so hopefully that means there's no terrible fursuits buried under the rubble of SEGA World. The announcers at the start really need to learn to put full stops in their sentences and take a breath. Also how they introduce Sally, that QUEEN of the Freedom Fighters PRINCESS Sally Acorn!

I heard about this through RandomDCE's Ear Rape Coffee about this on YOutube. He fuckin SHREDS it. It truly is an ear rape.

Thats where I heard it from too. lol, Lily was hilarious,

Robotnick A character confesses that he loves Sally

Nothing new to see here, move along.

Didn't something similar occur in the Archie comics by the way? I have this distinct memory of Robotnik trying to make her marry him at one point. For love or not, I don't remember though.

>_< *shudder*..... I'm Australian, and those accents are just horrible. Its a female voice playing sonic too...

Notice that actual sonic music was used in the background, ie "Chemical Plant" etc.

On some fundamental level this makes me embarassed to be Australian...

>_< *shudder*..... I'm Australian, and those accents are just horrible.

Quoted for truth, honest to god I swear I have never met somebody who speaks like that.

I didn't even find this out until around 2007, which sucks because I used to stay with grandparents in Sydney every single school holidays, including when it was still open. To think I could have VISITED and I didn't even know it was there...! Well no wonder they weren't getting enough money if nobody knew it existed.

Definitely so bad it's good. I'll have to go download all the music to laugh at.

Edited by Extryn

See, I went to Sega World sydney - but I don't remember this show. :C

I went in like 1999, I think.

I remember the outside of the building very well. There was a statue of Sonic and Sally, the building was hideous (and from google maps it's actually still there?), there was water our front with fountains and there was a Rainforest cafe next door.

I've got the tickets, so I know I definitely went in the park, but I remember nothing from inside except sitting down for a drink at some point. I also vaguely remember the roller coaster and the weird ball shooting thing. AND, I remember a dinosaur simulator, but I'm not sure if that was actually within Sega World itself.

I also have a pamphlet from the park, which is pretty battered, but if anyone wants to see it I can scan it.

Edited by Arrow

I went to SegaWorld on open day, but I don't remember this either. xD I actually won tickets from the newspaper. All I can remember is playing some weird shooting ride game thing where I had to shoot a skeleton, and if you managed to kill him, you would get your photo taken or something. Other than that I can't remember much. I still have a Sonic plushie I got from there though.

The building did stay around for awhile but it was demolished in 2008, there's actual footage of it being demolished

. I think the building looked pretty cool actually, I remember thinking as a kid that the blue thing on the top was a Chaos Emerald. Anyway for those who are interested there's also some footage of the SEGA World Australia and some of the rides
including a talk with a Sonic costume. Edited by Nattala

When was this shown?

I'm guessing it won't ever be shown in the future, seeing as small boobs were banned, and we all know Tails Sally has small naked (furry/furred?) boobs xD. Suuure she wore a vest later, but you could still see them :o.

(I'm joking, btw)

All you piggies are just jealous you could not witness the majesty that was Sega Worlds Sonic puppet show.

I saw it a couple of times back in the day. There were really crappy camera angles for the projector screen above the puppet stage (these would largely involve Tails flying above the stage), poorly done songs, and terrible voice acting.

But the pantomime aspect was awesome. I went and helped Dr Robotnik build his evil machine one time after he sung his song about evil or whatever. It simply involved tipping little plastic and foam cogs from a bucket behind the puppet stage. The presenter told me I was a brave boy for helping him. That punk didn't know I was toughest kid in the land, obviously.

All in all, childhood memories. Good stuff. All you haters just never got to see it.

As for the building, as Nattala said, it got smashed to smitherins in 2008 and now a new retail sector is being built there. There is a timeline saying that the amusement park opened to huge crowds, but it was short lived and closed 2 years after opening. Ouch. But I gave it good buisness. Still have that Knuckles toy. Good stuff

Edited by Hawkz

The building did stay around for awhile but it was demolished in 2008, there's actual footage of it being demolished

. I think the building looked pretty cool actually, I remember thinking as a kid that the blue thing on the top was a Chaos Emerald. Anyway for those who are interested there's also some footage of the SEGA World Australia and some of the rides
including a talk with a Sonic costume.

Awesome videos, thanks for the links!

Does anyone know if SEGA World London had Aqua Nova? Because I remember that ride, but I dunno if my memories of it are from London or Sydney.

I also remember a ride where like, gremlin-like things attacked you. I can't remember if it was actually THE Gremlins (as in the film) and was at Australia's Warner Brothers Movie World, or it was at SEGA world Sydney or London. Anyone know?

I barely remember the coaster. I remember being sad it wasn't Sonic themed. I don't remember what it did, though.