Austalian Sonic stage show

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Nattala

Nattala

• TSS Member
  • 182 Posts:

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:44 AM

The building did stay around for awhile but it was demolished in 2008, there's actual footage of it being demolished HERE . I think the building looked pretty cool actually, I remember thinking as a kid that the blue thing on the top was a Chaos Emerald. Anyway for those who are interested there's also some footage of the SEGA World Australia and some of the rides HERE including a talk with a Sonic costume.

Edited by Nattala, 28 January 2010 - 03:46 AM.

#22 Marcello

Marcello
  • NNID:MarcelloF

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

When was this shown?

I'm guessing it won't ever be shown in the future, seeing as small boobs were banned, and we all know Tails Sally has small naked (furry/furred?) boobs xD. Suuure she wore a vest later, but you could still see them :o.

(I'm joking, btw)

#23 Hawkz

Hawkz

Lost In Translation

• TSS Member
  • 137 Posts:

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:29 AM

All you piggies are just jealous you could not witness the majesty that was Sega Worlds Sonic puppet show.

I saw it a couple of times back in the day. There were really crappy camera angles for the projector screen above the puppet stage (these would largely involve Tails flying above the stage), poorly done songs, and terrible voice acting.

But the pantomime aspect was awesome. I went and helped Dr Robotnik build his evil machine one time after he sung his song about evil or whatever. It simply involved tipping little plastic and foam cogs from a bucket behind the puppet stage. The presenter told me I was a brave boy for helping him. That punk didn't know I was toughest kid in the land, obviously.

All in all, childhood memories. Good stuff. All you haters just never got to see it.

As for the building, as Nattala said, it got smashed to smitherins in 2008 and now a new retail sector is being built there. There is a timeline saying that the amusement park opened to huge crowds, but it was short lived and closed 2 years after opening. Ouch. But I gave it good buisness. Still have that Knuckles toy. Good stuff

Edited by Hawkz, 29 January 2010 - 11:32 AM.

#24 bmn

bmn

my face when ponies

• Root Admin
  • 2,049 Posts:
  • Twitch:gogobmn
  • XBL:gogobmn

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

http://media.sonicst...in Sydney Live/

#25 Arrow

Arrow

THE RAIL!!!!1 D:

• TSS Member
  • 352 Posts:

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

The building did stay around for awhile but it was demolished in 2008, there's actual footage of it being demolished HERE . I think the building looked pretty cool actually, I remember thinking as a kid that the blue thing on the top was a Chaos Emerald. Anyway for those who are interested there's also some footage of the SEGA World Australia and some of the rides HERE including a talk with a Sonic costume.

Awesome videos, thanks for the links!

Does anyone know if SEGA World London had Aqua Nova? Because I remember that ride, but I dunno if my memories of it are from London or Sydney.

I also remember a ride where like, gremlin-like things attacked you. I can't remember if it was actually THE Gremlins (as in the film) and was at Australia's Warner Brothers Movie World, or it was at SEGA world Sydney or London. Anyone know?

I barely remember the coaster. I remember being sad it wasn't Sonic themed. I don't remember what it did, though.

#26 Jix Hedgehog

Jix Hedgehog
  • Location:Been a member for 8 years & all I get is this badge...

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:33 AM

I managed to go twice during my visits from Victoria (1½ states down, where I grew up) didn't get to see any show, but had lunch, bought some merchandise, won on rides and what not. The second visit they were closing up, throwing out broken stock (managed to talk an employee into giving me a Tails drink bottle that wasn't suitable for sale because his tails fell off.. simple glue solution) and having a 50% off sale.. got a sweet "Generation Sonic" coat .. looks like something out of Phantasy Star with a big Sonic on the back.. scary thing was it was originally $120..

My 3rd trip to Sydney was sad, the massive Sonic and Tails were gone from the front, everything that had to do with Sega World was torn down / removed.. all that was left was a thank you note to all its patrons on what used to be the front entrance :(

#27 Tailikku

Tailikku

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:15 PM

You gotta admit that "Give Me Chaos" was the best song in there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users